GOLDEN PRINCESS DRYDOCK BEHIND the SCENE PHOTOS

Sandytoes

the mini golf will not be affected by installing the Sanctuary... it was there on the Star, can not comment on the CB as I haven't been on her. The Sanctuary takes up the front (bow) of the ship. The golf is located near the covered pool and where MUTS is attached to.

Even the Grand that hasn't have the revamping but does have the Sanctuary still has the golf on it.

Is there a charge for the panini's, seafood, meats and cheeses that are listed as being served in the International cafe and Vines????

there is only a charge for a few items at the Intl cafe, usualy at night, those include little tapas. I don't recall a cost for anything during the morning or afternoon just at night.

There is a cost for the Gelato, and candy apples, chocolate fondue but this ship will not have any of them because there isn't enough room in the smaller atrium for them.

At breakfast they have muffins, croissants mixed fruit, etc.

at Lunch they have paninis, chicken salad, greek type salad, shrimp salad, cakes, squares, cookies, and more.

At Vines, they serve a melted cheese dish (that can be very smelly) and served with pickles and crackers, usually this is served on alternate days. Vines also has sushi for a cost. The best thing too about Vines is the single glasses of wine you can buy of many different varieties.

hope that helps

I feel very fortunate that I booked a May 9th Alaska trip on the Golden. At the time I had no idea of the refurbishment. It is just icing on the cake.

I think Princess and the shipyards are committed to having this one complete when she comes out of drydock in early May.

From the looks of the photos, it will be like sailing onboard a brand new ship.

Does anyone now if they are getting new mattresses on Golden in the Dry dock?

Princess told me the rooms were getting new flat screen tvs and upgraded bedding. I do not believe mattresses are going to be replaced...

Isn't the Sanctuary at the front of the ship? The golf used to be between Skywalkers and the funnel. It's listed as sports court on the deck plans now.

Youre right, the sanctuary is up front, which is where the mini golf is supposed to be, (between the sanctuary and the simulator) but there are just lounge chairs. That is where the court used to be.

Mini golf used to be above the skywalkers bridge. Thats where the basketball court is now.

Thanks sooooo much the pictures give a better understanding of the dry dock process of remodeling. I hope you post some more and we can follow along to the finished project.

Princess stated that journal will showcase daily of the ship's transformation until May 5th.

Princess told me the rooms were getting new flat screen tvs and upgraded bedding. I do not believe mattresses are going to be replaced...

Hi,

'' Upgraded bedding'' == new mattresses, IMO

Cheers

Drove past the shipyard yesterday on my way to/from a business trip to the neighbouring Naval base. Interesting to see the Golden looming large. I believe I saw a Holland-America ship there last year.

Isn't the Sanctuary at the front of the ship? The golf used to be between Skywalkers and the funnel. It's listed as sports court on the deck plans now.

The mini-golf course was actually inside the white round structure in the following picture. This is where MUTS is being installed...

1460524709_a24001d6c4.jpg

The old location became the sanctuary. The shuffleboard was also removed.

The maps on board the ship do not mark the course, only the ones online

On the CB, there are lounge chairs where the mini-golf was on the older Grand-class ships... her mini-golf is apparently installed on the deck between the radar domes in the following picture... maybe this is where it will be on the Golden?

1461297682_3f3e52bbf3.jpg

the mini golf will not be affected by installing the Sanctuary... it was there on the Star, can not comment on the CB as I haven't been on her. The Sanctuary takes up the front (bow) of the ship. The golf is located near the covered pool and where MUTS is attached to.

Even the Grand that hasn't have the revamping but does have the Sanctuary still has the golf on it.

It's all too confusing at this point... :p I guess we'll have to wait until she's done...

On the CB, there are lounge chairs where the mini-golf was on the older Grand-class ships... her mini-golf is apparently installed on the deck between the radar domes in the following picture... maybe this is where it will be on the Golden?

As I said, I was on the CB in March. I looked everywhere. I walked through every part of the ships multiple times. I asked the pool staff (who had no clue if there was mini golf on board). I finally asked the front desk and was told it was removed (along with the shuffleboard, paddleball, running track and card room).

The pictures of the MUTS installation are really fascinating.

I will check it out in person in 2 weeks. And I had no idea this refurbishment was going to happen when I booked it.

I will risk some of it not being finished to enjoy most of it first!

(well...almost first...there is one 4 night cruise ahead of us, but hopefully they can work out any bugs on that one!)

As I said, I was on the CB in March. I looked everywhere. I walked through every part of the ships multiple times. I asked the pool staff (who had no clue if there was mini golf on board). I finally asked the front desk and was told it was removed (along with the shuffleboard, paddleball, running track and card room).

NO GOLF ALLOWED – April 24

3472605958_8350bdfbe5.jpg?v=0

Located where the golf simulator previously had passengers yelling “Fore!” new balconies are progressing for the new suites on deck 15. The balcony doorways have been cut out and workers are making way for the dividers.

The pictures of the MUTS installation are really fascinating.

I will check it out in person in 2 weeks. And I had no idea this refurbishment was going to happen when I booked it.

I will risk some of it not being finished to enjoy most of it first!

(well...almost first...there is one 4 night cruise ahead of us, but hopefully they can work out any bugs on that one!)

I am going to be on that 4 day and I cruising with 4 first time cruisers and was hoping to really impress them. I hope the ship is done or for the most part done. Keep your fingers crossed.

Did they do all the same things as they are doing on the Golden to the Caribbean Princess on her dry dock in January?

Not quite everything. The did not add the suites with balconies on the 15th deck which would be the 16th deck on the CB.

Not quite everything. The did not add the suites with balconies on the 15th deck which would be the 16th deck on the CB.

Actually, they DID add suites to the CB, but I think they were put on deck 6.

Also, can someone answer this question:

All Princess ships are getting MUTS correct? Isnt this a bad idea for ships with only one pool as theres no way toe scape the noise?

Archived