GOLDEN PRINCESS DRYDOCK BEHIND the SCENE PHOTOS

Sandytoes

Actually, they DID add suites to the CB, but I think they were put on deck 6.

Also, can someone answer this question:

All Princess ships are getting MUTS correct? Isnt this a bad idea for ships with only one pool as theres no way toe scape the noise?

Movies Under the Stars will be installed aboard Golden Princess (May), Dawn Princess (June), Coral Princess (October), Sun Princess (April 2010), Island Princess (October 2010), Diamond Princess (November 2010) and Sapphire Princess (2011)

Nothing like cruising along, watching a good flick under the stars, while stewards bring me foo-foo drinks and popcorn. :D

All Princess ships are getting MUTS correct? Isn't this a bad idea for ships with only one pool as theres no way to escape the noise?

In a word, yes! At least during the day. I've got no issues with MUTS at night but in the daytime I prefer a pool to have poolside noises, not the intrusive blaring of insipid G-rated movies, video games, and middling-talented recording artists. It's really a shame they're doing this to ships like the Golden because it ruins the one pool that gets sun all day long -- this would be a situation where they should provide headphones for MUTS viewing.

Signed,

rdsqrl, who's always happy for the opportunity to make an anti-MUTS posting every once in a while!!

Not a MUTS daytime person either but if it wasn't to Alaska would really be glad they were adding it to the Golden.. I "think" it will be a little chilly in the evenings for that. Love the Piazza and Vines.. we are on May 16 sailing and looking forward to being on the "new" ship... love the daily photo updates.

The Golden is getting the deck 6 window suites that the CB got, in addition to the deck 15 balcony suites that weren't added to CB.

All Princess ships are getting MUTS correct? Isnt this a bad idea for ships with only one pool as theres no way toe scape the noise?

Yes, I know they added suites on deck 6, but those are without balconies. Thus my comment was directed at the Suites with balconies that they added to the Golden but not the CB.

I just was looking the drydock update on the Golden Princess and below the waterline they have painted her blue ;) Is this a trend? I notice over on the Oasis of the Seas board that she is blue down below also.

:cool:

I just was looking the drydock update on the Golden Princess and below the waterline they have painted her blue ;) Is this a trend? I notice over on the Oasis of the Seas board that she is blue down below also.

:cool:

The caption said it was some kind of special silicone paint, to reduce friction and enable her to sail more smoothly (and using less fuel, one imagines). I guess it's just the colour it comes in, not a particular fashion choice. Sure was pretty, though!

3481714718_6b979aaeeb.jpg?v=0

The painting of the ship’s hull continues. This time with a layer of blue silicone paint, which will help the ship move more efficiently through the water.

Would you like to comment?

I thought that the bottoms of all the Princess Ships were painted green and red... that blue is the colour that Royal Caribbean uses on the bottom of their ships!

DSC01235.JPG

bottom of Star Princess

003-17898-05.jpg

bottom of Oasis of the Seas

Nice pics

Dang it! I miss her already.

Does anyone know if the Sauna is being re done?

Please can someone let the right person known to REPLACE THE LIGHT FIXTURE IN THE MENS SAUNA. THE WOOD HOUSING HAS A FRACTURE ON THE SIDE AND I CUT MY HAND ON AS I BRUSHED BY.

I forgot to add that on the card....

thx..

...Does anyone know if the Sauna is being re done?

With everything I've read and all the pictures I've seen, I doubt much is being done to the sauna or steam rooms on the Golden. After being on the Sapphire and Coral, I think the saunas and steam rooms on the Golden are not in the best location! It was very nice to have the saunas and steam as part of the locker room areas on the Sapphire. On the Coral, there wasn't a public steam room, but the saunas were part of the locker rooms. We had access to the thermal suite on the Coral, so we used those steam rooms in addition to the public sauna. Perhaps during the 2012 refit they'll add a thermal suite to the Golden and add real locker rooms with steam room and saunas as part of these new locker rooms?

We Sailed on the Golden April of 2007 on a 10-Day out of San Francisco to Mexico. She was in need then of a little TLC so we are very excited about the up grades and look forward to sailing out of Seattle on July 4th to Alaska.:D

Why would anyone get out of joint over the color used to paint the hull below the waterline. Except when in port, it is not seen and even then it is just a foot or so. As paints have improved so has speed and therefore a fuel savings. Way back when they used to paint with red lead paint to minimize rusting and barnacles:)

Why would anyone get out of joint over the color used to paint the hull below the waterline. Except when in port, it is not seen and even then it is just a foot or so. As paints have improved so has speed and therefore a fuel savings. Way back when they used to paint with red lead paint to minimize rusting and barnacles:)

I did not mean to sound out of joint, I was just surprised with the change of colour :rolleyes:.

Any idea how long after coming out of dry dock Princess updates the on-line deck plans? Would really like to see all the changes on these plans!

I have seen the last few ships plans done long before the ship ever went to drydock, especially the CB.

Don't know why the Golden ones are not up to date. :confused:

Check out the latest webcam photo of the Golden!!! There is a rainbow off to the ride side.

What a beautiful picture!!!

Here ya go...

3505571727_3c228cc5d7_b.jpg

And here's a couple from a few minutes later... a Holland America ship was just leaving...

3505585231_00c1d7f0a1.jpg

3505585593_bf5d292924.jpg

Thanks RickEk for the pictures. Because I knew where to look I could make see the Rainbow, I tried adjusting my monitor and everthing went blank for a couple of minutes, Someday I'm going to figure out how to post a picture. I'll just keep clicking until I get it. I've been watching the Golden's webcams off and on all day. It is so addicting. Did you happen to see the night time cams of the ship. Just Beautiful!!!! I plan on staying up and watching her sail into the night!!!

Archived