GOLDEN PRINCESS DRYDOCK BEHIND the SCENE PHOTOS

Sandytoes

It's very strange for Leialoha and myself to see these pics, as we've just come off the Golden after almost seven months. We're very much looking forward to being back on her for next Hawaii season with all the new amenities. Especially internet in the cabins for crew!!!

Aloha Nui,

Dave

Elua

Great pictures.

Can anyone remember a documentary from a few years ago where they were refitting a royal carribean ship? I wish princess would get a film crew on board to follow the progress of this kind of refit.

Anyone can get notified when Princess posts photos like these... just join Flickr and add "Princess Cruises" as one of your contacts.

Become a fan on Princess's facebook page.

That's how I found out about the Golden Princess....:D

I posted the photos here for those who aren't members of FB

or can't join.

Become a fan on Princess's facebook page.

That's how I found out about the Golden Princess....:D

I posted the photos here for those who aren't members of FB

or can't join.

can you post the link for the facebook fan page whenever i search for it i get so many hits.

Sandytoes ....thanks for the link, interesting to see the work to change the Golden to resemble the inside of the Ruby etc ..having been on the Ruby.

In the 2nd video below there are pics of Ruby being built.

Dave.

This is so cool. Almost as cool as watching as the ship is being built. What is amazing is the logistics to do all of this in as little time possible - if she ain't floating so ain't generating capital.

I don't know if they posted drydock photos of the CB or not. Guess I'll search that out. In the meantime I'll consider some of these photos as representation of what the CB went through as some of her areas were re-organized.

New everything in the cabins. We sailed the Ruby in January and after experiencing the

"newness" of that ship, before we decided to book Alaska on the Golden (5-30-09) I did my researsh about the retro fit to the Ruby class abd PCL confirmed that all would be

up to Ruby quality prior to the start of Alaska 2009 out of Seattle. You are going to LOVE IT!!!!!

New everything in the cabins. We sailed the Ruby in January and after experiencing the

"newness" of that ship, before we decided to book Alaska on the Golden (5-30-09) I did my researsh about the retro fit to the Ruby class abd PCL confirmed that all would be

up to Ruby quality prior to the start of Alaska 2009 out of Seattle. You are going to LOVE IT!!!!!

WhooHooo!!!!! That is wonderful news, Mary. I will be cruising with a small group in August on the Golden and am looking forward to every improvement.

Thanks again,

S

It is nice sailing after the retrofit. We did the Star just after she was updated. Note though that it is not like the Ruby/Crown and Emerald.

There is no Cafe Caribe.

International Cafe has no gelato and no chocolate fondue, candy apples (no biggie)

MUTS doesn't have as good viewing areas as it does on ships built with MUTS, plus sound transfers to front lotus spa area and Sancturay (doesn't on bigger ships)

Vines has different set up, fewer places to sit.

There is a Vines Store on the Star/Golden/CB

Not as much sitting area in the Piazza as on larger ships

Positives about the Golden/Star/CB/Grand their Vista lounge is better - found Vista lounge on Emerald wasn't always able to accommodate everyone because of the table/chair set up.

Smaller and more intimate.

Less crowds

Easier to get around on the top decks, Emerald/Crown etc you can only get to aft of ship on one side on the sun decks.

Archived