exactly how thin are the walls between cabins?

sarcasticgirl

It will be my first cruise in September (on the Liberty). Is it possible for someone to actually look onto your balcony from the neighbouring cabins i.e. from the cabins above or to the sides?

It is possible if your neighbor leans aound the railing. There is also a slight gap between the divider and the glass so you can usually see the reflection of your neighbor's balcony in the glass. :eek: Was once next to a gentleman who really needed to either put some shorts on under his robe or cross his legs! :eek::eek::eek:

But I was mortified one day when our room Steward on another cruise one day asked us if we were honeymooners - when my husband said "no not for a long time " the steward got a surprised look on his face and said "oh it sounds like it" and walked away smiling - I was mortified!!! My DH was just proud of himself lol.

:D:D Too funny! It's always great to have a outgoing room steward.:)

We heard some happy noises from the stateroom next door one night on our TA cruise on the Splendor. They seemed to be having an unusual level of fun that night.:p

Usually, the only noises we hear are from the corridor. Loud drunks and kid running at 2 AM do tend to wake us.

Doc:D

On one of our cruises we could hear the kiddies in the room next to us in the morning - but they were little and it was just some laughing - it was not bad at all.

But I was mortified one day when our room Steward on another cruise one day asked us if we were honeymooners - when my husband said "no not for a long time " the steward got a surprised look on his face and said "oh it sounds like it" and walked away smiling - I was mortified!!! My DH was just proud of himself lol.

*LOL* I know your husbands feeling of pride very well:)

Years ago when DW and I were first dating we stayed at our friends condo for the weekend and babysat their daughter while they went away.

A few days after they came home their neighbor downstairs saw the wife and said "Man , you and your husband had some night the other night" Not knowing what she meant the neighbor elaborated that it seemed like hours the bed was shaking and the ceiling and walls were vibrating, They had lived under them for a couple years and had never heard that before.

Our friend finally said , "We weren't even here Saturday night, that had to be our friends who were staying here watching the baby.

The neighbor said "Wow , who is that guy "MARTHON MAN"???? *LOL*

I got a lot of mileage out of that title :)

On one of our cruises we could hear the kiddies in the room next to us in the morning - but they were little and it was just some laughing - it was not bad at all.

hahaha that is great!

my BF would probably high five the steward and grunt lol

lol, thanks for the tip. i bet many people don't even realize.

we're bringing some small speakers for our MP3 players. hopefully having a little music will drown out any noises from our neighbors... and vice versa.

Oh I think they would rather here you than your MP3 player.

It's doubtful that you will ever see your neighbors again after the cruise, so why worry? Let loose and enjoy yourselves. :D

Why worry? My adult grandkids will be in the next room.. Ugh! I was worried about that.

hahaha that is great!

my BF would probably high five the steward and grunt lol

Ya DH said later "that is why he high fived me in the hallway" lol - at least I can laugh about it now.

On my last cruise - not Carnival: see my sig line - The people behind our cabin (we had an inside on a hallway so the cabins were back-to-back) though it was fine and dandy to let their child KICK the walls early in the morning! This kicking occurred in the general area of my HEAD! I was NOT a happy camper!

this is my main worry... i can just see myself getting stuck next to a kid that likes to wake up and make noise at 6am and whose parents have the fabulous ability to tune them out. i do NOT possess that ability! this situation will make for a rather unhappy sarcasticgirl! :mad:

I really don't mind noisy kids or drunks....the drunks are kind of entertaining. And I'm all for crazy romance......but I'm scared to death of my children hearing some crazy romance. Hopefully our neighbors will notice the children next door and bite on some pillows or something:D

Once & only once when I woke up in the middle of the night, I did hear my neighbor snoring. It was not enough to keep me awake, though. If your neighbor gets loud, you will hear them. You can hear anything that knocks against the wall, though, so you may want to keep that in mind.

The only thing we heard was when our neighbors next to our bathroom flushed their toilet. Other than that.... quiet except on the balcony.... we won't go into that one!!!!!!!

hahaha i'm too scared to even ask!

• 3 months later...
... also if you are having an, um... really GOOD night; your neighbors will know that too! ;)

Walls are thin, but the doors are thinnest of all. It's quite irritating when people walk the halls late at night and talk. You can hear every word they say in the hall.

I have also heard shrieks and moans from my neighbors. My advice for people who feel the need to vocalize their passions... bite on a sock. Your neighbors will thank you!

The OP has sailed. So? Did you hear your neighbors?

And for the record, I've been on 4 Carnival cruises on 3 different ships. Only once could we hear our neighbors. They were a family with little kiddos. They were LOUD. They cried, they bumped the walls, etc. at 5am. Obviously the kids were not on ships time. After a few days of it and me trying to give them a hint by tapping on the wall when they were loud, it was time to let them know what it was like. We had our 3 teenaged kids come to our cabin and play their music loudly. Only had to do this once and amazingly the kids in the next cabin were suddenly quiet whenever we were in our cabin, which wasn't very often.

I'm going on my first cruise (holiday) next month and remember reading a article (can't remember which one) of cruise tips. one tip said that the cabin walls were pretty thin so if you are having a bad night, your neighbors will know. also if you are having an, um... really GOOD night; your neighbors will know that too! ;)

so my question is, exactly how thin are the walls between cabins??? I'm assuming simple indoor voices can't be heard from room to room...

In my experience it would be a raised (yelling) voice that would be heard through the walls. Those balconies though...careful!

Do not know but I never heard my neighbors in three cruises.

I'm with you, TropicOne, I only heard my neighbors when they went out to their balcony. I could always hear the chairs moving. That was usually my invitation to go out and have polite conversation (one of my buds has been in the next cabin the last three cruises). We usually had the TV on anyway until early in the morning.

Might be different if your next door neighbor was a screamer, but I'll not risk the wrath of the censors by following that line of thought to its logical conclusion.

Jim

Archived