Copenhagen

bgelb

Does anyone have experience with Copenhagen, and have a hotel to recommend that doesn't break the bank? I will be alone and don't want to stay anywhere but the center of the city.

Thanks so much.

Go to the Ports of Call section, choose Europe, then Northern Europe. Should be some good ideas there, or you can post the question there. When you have found your roll call (see your other thread), there might be people with suggestions, too. EM

Also, go to Tripadvisor and read reviews.

2nd tripadvisor.com Fairly accurate reviews by people who have stayed there. Many more than CC. My understanding is Tripadvisor now owns CC.

Good luck. It's a nice place to visit.

I love Copenhagen. I also recommend Tripadvisor and I cross-check with venere.com before I book. Then you can also go to the hotel's web site, if it has one. I have found the least expensive price via all 3 web sites for different destinations, so it pays to take a few minutes to cross-check.

Have a great time!

I have stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen and we thought it was a nice property. I would highly recommend it. It is located a couple of blocks from Tivoli. We were able to walk to lots of places from the Marrott and on our first day there we booked a tour through the hotel which gave us a nice overview of the city.

Keith

In September we stayed at the Hotel Nemo, near the train station. It's much more reasonably priced than the Marriott style hotels. It was modest, clean and friendly. Several cruisers from our Princess cruise were staying there. We went in two days ahead of cruise and were very satisfied. It is walking distance to the main street (about 1.5 blocks) and near to Tivoli. We reserved a "suite" for a few $$ more than the standard room with bath. It was very spacious, with a sitting area. Bath is small, as are towels. But with such an expensive city, I was glad to save some money. BTW, breakfast is included. I reserved online and it was easy.

We also stayed at the Marriott before our Baltic cruise and were very pleased with the hotel and the location. Very close to Tivoli and shopping. They had a boat ride that we did and really enjoyed it. They also provide transportation to our cruise ship.

We stayed at the Radisson SAS Royal 3 nights last May, loved it. I booked through the hotel webpage and received a great senior discount. Hotel is located across the street from Tivoli gardens. Good room, loved the gym and the buffet. Convenient location.

Have fun!

Elsie:cool:

We also stayed at the Marriott before our Baltic cruise and were very pleased with the hotel and the location. Very close to Tivoli and shopping. They had a boat ride that we did and really enjoyed it. They also provide transportation to our cruise ship.

Was there a fee for the transfer?

Do they pick up from the dock as well?

Archived