Few last minute questions

manjss

Hi, I have a few last minute questions b/f I leave for my cruise on Sunday. Everyone keeps saying the shower is sooo small. Is there enough room to shave your legs in it? Also, for the balcony cabins, do I need to bring a bungee cord to hold the door open? We will be on the baja deck. Thanks!

Hi, I have a few last minute questions b/f I leave for my cruise on Sunday. Everyone keeps saying the shower is sooo small. Is there enough room to shave your legs in it? Also, for the balcony cabins, do I need to bring a bungee cord to hold the door open? We will be on the baja deck. Thanks!

Wellllllllllllllll, let's just say that if you aren't tiny, you may end up having to prop your foot on the stool to shave your legs. Remember the old joke of soaping up the shower walls and spin around? Pretty close, depending on your size.

Doors are sliding on the balcony on princess ships, so a bungee cord won't really help much there.

Slide the door to where you want it and lock the handle down.

All cruise ship showers are small but we were on the Caribbean Princess and it was tiny. To shave my legs I put a towel on the floor, sit on it, stick my legs in the shower and shave that way. As long as the shower head is the removable kind (with the kitchen sink sprayable type hose) it works fine. I am also on the Emerald next week. I am hoping for a smooth crossing because five days of rough seas would be tough. Lori

All cruise ship showers are small but we were on the Caribbean Princess and it was tiny. To shave my legs I put a towel on the floor, sit on it, stick my legs in the shower and shave that way. As long as the shower head is the removable kind (with the kitchen sink sprayable type hose) it works fine. I am also on the Emerald next week. I am hoping for a smooth crossing because five days of rough seas would be tough. Lori

Opps, you are going to have a slight problem. Except for accessible staterooms, the shower heads on Princess are not the hose type that are removable. Might want to come up with a plan 'B'.

Emerald balcony room last week - smallest shower I have ever seen in my life. I ended up putting the bath mat on the floor, another towel on the toilet, and actually shaved my legs standing outside of the shower completely. I rinsed my razor in the sink, and then rinsed off my legs and body when I was finished.

Hey - you do what you have to do. But there was absolutely no way to shave in the shower; it was too dangerous and frustrating.

Opps, you are going to have a slight problem. Except for accessible staterooms, the shower heads on Princess are not the hose type that are removable. Might want to come up with a plan 'B'.

Hmm.. Never had a problem shaving my legs in the showers! :D

thanks everyone for the feedback. sounds pretty small, and I'm pretty petite. I was thinking I'll prob. have to stand outside the shower and maybe rest my foot against the wall and shave there. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks for answering the door question too!!!

I do the whole outside the shower routine with towels everywhere when I'm not cruising DCL (DCL = BATHTUBS!). :)

Veet or Nair maybe a possibility for some. For myself, not so much as I'm italian, 'nuff said, but for the ladies with fine hair it may be a convenient alternative while on a cruise.

Yes.....keeping the balcony door open will not only affect the ac in your own cabin but will lower the efficiency in all cabins in your ac zone. Nine times out of ten when someone has "an ac problem" it is because one or more balcony doors are open in their given zone.

An alternative for shaving legs is to use the showers in the Lotus Spa area. Roomy, lots of towels. :)

Have a wonderful cruise.

I have never used the showers in the Lotus Spa area; are these private showers or do they have curtains?

Archived