4th of July on a cruise?

KittyCatR

I've never been on a cruise on the 4th of July. I'll be on the June 29th out of Brooklyn. Does anyone know if Princess does anything special?

I've been wondering this too... we're on the same cruise. We'll be sailing out of St. Thomas the evening of the 4th. Maybe there will be just virtual fireworks on MUTS?

And to the OP, join the roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=845517

We were on the Dawn last 4th. They did it up real great. Lot of decorations. Had a big after dinner party in the atrium, lot of balloons, music, champagne and finger food. The ship was rocking!!!!! My partner and I will be on the june 29 cruise, hope they do the same.

We left out of San Juan on the Golden JUly 4th a few years ago. There were no fireworks but all the staff were in red white and blue vests, the drink of the day was a layered rwb drink and there was a fabulous food/cake display in the atrium of all sorts of patriotic nature. It was very festive... just no fireworks

We were on the CB last july 4th and our port that day was San Juan. They had a big 4th of july display on the ship and all the waitstaff were dressed in red white and blue. We did get to see some fireworks in San Juan as we were sailing away.

They don't do anything for July 1st either!!

Terry

Please excuse me if this date is something other than your birthday :o but what is 1st July?

Remember I am Scottish.

Why do Princess not do fireworks?

P&O do fireworks at New Year.

Please excuse me if this date is something other than your birthday :o but what is 1st July?

Remember I am Scottish.

I think that they were referring to Canada's birthday.

I've never been on a cruise on the 4th of July. I'll be on the June 29th out of Brooklyn. Does anyone know if Princess does anything special?

We were on the Golden princess in 2005 and on the 4th of July in the evening as it was getting dark they let off fireworks from land. We were cruising around the British Isles but I cannot remember what country they set the fireworks off from. I know that the ship slowed down and veered closer to land. It was beautiful. We were thrilled as we didn't know that this was awaiting us.

This reminded me of a 4th of July cruise on Royal Caribbean a few years ago. We were docked in San Juan awaiting clearance to depart the ship. There were a lot of passengers sitting and standing in the atrium of Grandeur of the Seas when one of the female passengers started singing God Bless America. Soon, everyone joined in and it was one of the most memorable July 4ths I've ever had. A lot of us had tears in our eyes. Later, we left port late because of holiday traffic jams causing one of the ship's excursions to be delayed and we were able to enjoy the fireworks in SJ.

Remember I am Scottish.

July 1st is Canada day and equally as patriotic to Canadians. I note today is also St George's Day even that got a mention in the Toronto Star today!!!

Remember I am Scottish.

As far as I know, only Disney has a "license" to set off fireworks from their ships. Fire hazard ya know... ;)

Holidays and observances

Archived