Looking for a romantic non-child filled cruise!

simstar

Helllllllo there!

I am in my late 20's, and my boyfriend (31) and I are taking our FIRST trip together in June. :o We were interested in taking a cruise, but CLUELESS as to which cruise line would be the most suitable....

We're looking for a ship that goes to the Caribbean.

Large enough so that we will not be inundated with kiddies.

Anywhere from 5-8 days.

Has a great spa.

Luxurious.

Romantic-like.

Young, but mature crowd. (NOT girls gone wild/frat boy style!!!!)

Great ports of call.

Looking to spend around $1200-$1500 US dollars, total for our trip!

Thanks guys!!!!

Helllllllo there!

I am in my late 20's, and my boyfriend (31) and I are taking our FIRST trip together in June. :o We were interested in taking a cruise, but CLUELESS as to which cruise line would be the most suitable....

Anywhere from 5-8 days.

Has a great spa.

Luxurious.

Romantic-like.

Great ports of call.

Thanks guys!!!!

If you're traveling in June, you will have lots of kiddies unless you take one of the really high end cruise lines and I'm not sure they go to the Caribbean in the summer. To have the fewest, you'd need to cruise in the 'off seasons' like May or October, staying away from summer and any school holidays and spring break. The other thing that helps is to take a longer cruise, 8-10 days, the shorter the cruise, the more kids, especially in the summer. Also, June is only a couple months away, so most of the good cabins will be long gone (some people arrange cruises 18 months in advance). You might want to think about an AI somewhere.

Helllllllo there!

Anywhere from 5-8 days.

Has a great spa.

Luxurious.

Romantic-like.

Great ports of call.

Thanks guys!!!!

How about Bermuda!;) I've got a CC Group ready to go and you'd love it! We're even leaving from NYC and it has lots of secluded beaches!:D See the links below if interested and enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Helllllllo there!

Anywhere from 5-8 days.

Has a great spa.

Luxurious.

Romantic-like.

Great ports of call.

Thanks guys!!!!

There's only a few prolems with the plan:

June is a peak family vacation time. Because it's a peak vacation time, and most ships will be repositioned to either Europe or Alaska, what you do find in the Caribbean should be filled with kids, especially in the 5-8 day range. If you look at longer cruises (10-14 days), there would most likely be fewer children, but there will still be some.

Luxury - that means different things to different people. The truly luxurious lines are about $1000 per day per person, though I have seen some fewer than that, but you won't see many people your own age because of the cost.

And as someone else already mentioned, your budget is really low for two people for a week unless you are just talking about the cost of the cruise itself, not including gratuities, drinks, excursions, shopping, travel to get to the port, etc.

All the other posters are correct; you aren't going to find what you are looking for in your price range in June. I agree with the poster who suggested a land vacation. It's getting kind of late to plan for this June, but I suggest a few days at the Bucuti in Aruba. It would fit into your budget if they have any rooms available. Read about it on Tripadvisor.

Best of luck and congrat's for taking your first cruise. You'll be addicted like the rest of us soon!

I would cruise at the end of January or beginning of Feb. Not what you want I understand but we had almost 0 kids on our cruise. One good thing is the Freedom class on RCCL is that there is a LOT of room to get away from young ones.

Helllllllo there!

Anywhere from 5-8 days.

Has a great spa.

Luxurious.

Romantic-like.

Great ports of call.

Thanks guys!!!!

Is this $1,200 per person?? If not, can't be done with your "dreamy" requirements. How about a weekend in Montreal? Miami?

You have priced yourself right out of all your requirements.

You will never find a cruise for that cheap that is luxurious, kid free, and more than five days.

If price is your concern, you are looking at a 3-5 day cruise, most likely with Carnival or RCCL, that will be kid packed (shorter cruises just are, if you want no kids, look for luxury lines like SilverSea and 10+ days), most likely a booze cruise, that leaves out of FL and goes to Bahamas.

Sorry, but those will probably be your options.

I suggest either saving your pennies and taking your dream cruise at a later time, or looking for a short weekend get-away at an all inclusive that is kid free.

With your wants and price restrictions, I would highly suggest going to an all inclusive island resort that is couples only. And, you're booking way too late to find anything decent. Seeing this is your first cruise, you probably don't realize that for cruises in the busiest seasons, such as summer and holidays, people can book a year in advance. June, July and August is a very busy cruising season and you need to book early. On most ships in summer in the Caribbean, you're going to see 500 or more kids on the ships that stick around in the Caribbean. Most cruise lines have redeployed their ships to Europe or Alaska for the summer and those that stay in the Caribbean can be the older ships in the fleet. And cruises less than 7 days tend to be booze and party till you barf cruises.

Summer cruises are full of kids, and all the cruise lines that don't cater to families are in the Med or Alaska. Plus, those lines cost nearly $3000 and more per person for a 7 day cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Stay away from Carnival, Royal Caribbean or Norwegian if you want to go to the Caribbean. Royal Caribbean, not so much but the other two, especially Carnival, cater to young partiers. We love Princess, they cater to everyone. Celebrity is also nice but I personally have never cruised on them.

You may want to consider an all-inclusive at an "adult only" resort in the Caribbean, somewhere. The mass market ships will all be full of kids, and with your budget, your cabin will be anything but "romantic"--on land, you'll get a much nicer room than on a ship. (think "closet, with furniture)

Archived