Spreading rumors!

electricron

I was having dinner with the Captain and HD one the Jade and the hot dog threads were talked about!

That's too funny... I think Hound & Zone deserve to have dawgs delivered to their cabins some day ;)

I have mixed feelings about giving some name of the person who gave you the rumor. If its small then no biggie (Jack from shore ex said the ship will be late arriving one morning etc) because who cares but if its something big then that person could get in trouble for you getting their trust then spilling the beans. I've seen it done here before. NCL Miami reads EVERYTHING. Saying something like "the HD of the Dawn told me they are shutting down the sky and are going to fire everyone" will land that person in trouble. Just like saying the Norwegian Epic was almost named the Norwegian Bliss ;-)...haha...

I hear what you are saying and it has some merit. However, in the example that you gave, if the HD of a ship actually made that kind of claim, perhaps he would deserve to land in trouble. :rolleyes: Perhaps a better example might support your position.:)

I was having dinner with the Captain and HD one the Jade and the hot dog threads were talked about!

James I think NCL knows who I am. Do you think they'd have a hot dog waiting for me when I boarded in my stateroom? :cool: That's funny though (seriously) that the Captain would be discussing those postings. We do have to watch how much rumors we spread though about those hot dogs. We don't want this rumor mill getting turned into a hot dog fest. We could get lynched! :eek:

I heard a rumor that NCL ran out of hot dogs! My source... my dog. :D

So what are the Rumors.

If you are going to make a statement.....let us know what the problem is.

If it is kids running down the halls at all hours of the night - not a rumor!

If it kids getting into an elevator, pressing all of the buttons and then jumping off - not ad rumor!

If it is that people come out at 5:30 a.m. to reserve several deck chairs - not a rumor!

If it is someone that goes to a show and reserves seats for their party that shows up a half hour after the show starts - not a rumor!

If it is that children get in the hottubs when it is clearly marked that they can't - not a rumor!

If you see a mother get into the pool with her infant and it clearly states no infants in the pool - not a rumor!

So, what was your rumor!

And the stories about what they put into hot dogs...NOT A RUMOR!! :D

DT

"Mechanically Separated Meat" is simply meat that is removed from the bone by a machine as opposed to being done by a human being. Nothing disgusting at all. And as for as what meats are used, it's meat - not eyeballs, hoofs, lips or the other end.

from

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080204104158AAY6Whh

Ingredients

The basic ingredients in hot dogs are:

* Meat and fat

* Flavorings, such as salt, garlic, and paprika

* Preservatives (cure) - typically sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite

In the US, if variety meats, cereal or soy fillers are used, the product name must be changed to "links" or the presence must be declared as a qualifier.

Pork and beef are the traditional meats which are still widely used. Less expensive hot dogs are primarily chicken or turkey, due to the low cost of mechanically separated poultry. Hot dogs have high sodium, fat and nitrite content, which have been linked to health problems in some consumers. In recent years, due to changing dietary preferences, manufacturers have turned to turkey, chicken, or vegetarian meat substitutes, and have begun lowering salt content.

In general, if a manufacturer produces two types of hot dog sausages, "wieners" tend to contain pork and are the blander of the two, while "franks" tend to be all beef and more-strongly seasoned.[citation needed]

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dog

I have mixed feelings about giving some name of the person who gave you the rumor. If its small then no biggie (Jack from shore ex said the ship will be late arriving one morning etc) because who cares but if its something big then that person could get in trouble for you getting their trust then spilling the beans. I've seen it done here before. NCL Miami reads EVERYTHING. Saying something like "the HD of the Dawn told me they are shutting down the sky and are going to fire everyone" will land that person in trouble. Just like saying the Norwegian Epic was almost named the Norwegian Bliss ;-)...haha...

HUGO would never do that!!! :D

derf...thanks a lot! now i'll never eat another hot dog again! YEAH RIGHT! re: the thread hijacking thread. i totally agree with laura. but i'm sure she knows that many of us regulars (though we have to define "regular"). we mean no malice. but ya gotta love how we all should be doing work...while laura and company actually are doing work.

hey mods...i really do love you guys/gals. a round of hot dogs on me!

ohioNCLcruiser...if the Sky folks picked up on the hot dog threads and read monte's suggestion...how cool would that be walking into my aft cabin in august with a tray of hebrew nationals/nathans/sabretts!!!

LOL... I do wonder about the rumors that have been spreading about those hot dogs. Are any of those really true? :D

Did you see Laura's new post? :cool:

Are you talking about the sticky dated April 2007? I just noticed it but thought I must just be unobservant because of the date. Or is there something else I should read? :confused:

Are you talking about the sticky dated April 2007? I just noticed it but thought I must just be unobservant because of the date. Or is there something else I should read? :confused:

The date is a bit off possibly but it was about thread hijacking. We do tend to pass the time sometimes by having fun on here - especially during lighter moments at work. I noticed the dining room thread was closed and I think that might have had something to do with it. Although this here is a RUMOR! :eek::p

We must enjoy the relish on our hot dogs in other places I guess. :rolleyes::eek::(

Did you see Laura's new post? :cool:

Yes, I saw it. Rumor is there's an antifun element creeping into the boards. ;)

But their board-their rules...I'll just buy some button down shirts

hey mods...i really do love you guys/gals. a round of hot dogs on me!

And I heard a rumon that I'll bring the soda/beer to wash them down.

Two rumors discussed in my one post ;)

Archived