Spreading rumors!

electricron

Why does everyone take the rumors they hear aboard cruise ships as facts?

It's simply gossip, nothing more!

If every rumor I read on this forum was in fat true, NCL would have had gone bankrupted many years ago.

If you're going to come here and post a rumor, at least give us from whom you heard it.

That way we'll know how much weight to place on it.

If every rumor I read on this forum was in fat true, NCL would have had gone bankrupted many years ago.

If you're going to come here and post a rumor, at least give us from whom you heard it.

Rah Rah thanks just what I have been thinking. They are probably the same people that spread rumors about me being pregnant when it was the cat!!

If they can't post rumors or untrue facts, this board would be half the size it is today...

If the post is in the form of a question, as in "I heard ____, does anyone know if it's true?" I see no problem. In fact, I think that is one of the purposes of this forum. It's a place for people to learn real life experiences rather than depending on what their brother-in-law told them (no disrepect to brothers-in-law :)).

If the post is in the form of a question, as in "I heard ____, does anyone know if it's true?" I see no problem. In fact, I think that is one of the purposes of this forum. It's a place for people to learn real life experiences rather than depending on what their brother-in-law told them (no disrepect to brothers-in-law :)).

But you have to admit Bermuder that some people post as fact and will even argue the point. I agree that the "I heard..." is great as sometimes it does happen to be true and it gets a lively discussion going.

But you have to admit Bermuder that some people post as fact and will even argue the point. I agree that the "I heard..." is great as sometimes it does happen to be true and it gets a lively discussion going.

Absolutely true. It is also true that sometimes the question is asked innocently, as I described, and the person is attacked, such as "how can you think that?" That's stupid." Either extreme brings the forum down.

Absolutely true. It is also true that sometimes the question is asked innocently, as I described, and the person is attacked, such as "how can you think that?" That's stupid." Either extreme brings the forum down.

Yep seen that too and that is just a form of harassment. Also the ones that tear into spelling or grammar.

Get over it folks this is a board not an english exam at college.

Yep seen that too and that is just a form of harassment. Also the ones that tear into spelling or grammar.

Get over it folks this is a board not an english exam at college.

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

In january on the spirit the resturant manager told me about the 2 epic class ships. He didnt say names but said its almost twice the weight of the spirit but that one was canceled. Dont know if that news was already known by most at the time but i didnt think nothing of it since at the time i hadnt payed much attention how big NCL was. I just knew we had the spirit here as i dont ever goto florida. It seems the more unbelieveable ones come on here. Some which are more practical people dont even bother to ask.

Aren't we all guilty from time to time of hearing something, and believing it, before "checking out the facts"? Then, we innocently start a rumor by repeating the information.

A little common sense, courtesy, patience, and an ability to let a few things slide by would serve us all well.

This is an open forum, with all of the same problems seen on any open forum - no more, no less.

When things get so "sweet" that nothing is to be addressed, that is too boring for some to deal with.

A little spice here and there helps sometimes. Just a chuckle over a misspelled word is worth reading these forums.

If one doesn't like what is being talked about - they can leave - It really is that simple, isn't it?

Most of the more heated threads on this site are fueled by those who know better, and should be able to smile, then seek other threads to participate in and contribute with their knowledge and helpful hints. JMHO.

I do think it would help many of us to evaluate the credibility of the rumors if the poster would indicate the source of his or her information. It is amazing how some seem to think that in their off time, the crew on a cruise ship roam the halls of the executive offices picking up the little tidbits that they then pass along to the passengers. :D It is probably a good idea to view many of these bits of information with a healthy skepticism. Sometimes it is the title of the post that is more misleading than the body of the text itself.:rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about giving some name of the person who gave you the rumor. If its small then no biggie (Jack from shore ex said the ship will be late arriving one morning etc) because who cares but if its something big then that person could get in trouble for you getting their trust then spilling the beans. I've seen it done here before. NCL Miami reads EVERYTHING. Saying something like "the HD of the Dawn told me they are shutting down the sky and are going to fire everyone" will land that person in trouble. Just like saying the Norwegian Epic was almost named the Norwegian Bliss ;-)...haha...

New information people can make my own mind up over time.

What I dislike are those that continue to believe things that have been shown to be wrong numerous times.

How many still insist you can ony have 1 main in the specialities.

If it's posted on the internet, I'm sure it's true ;)

Which explains why I get so confused when I read conflicting reports of the exact same thing :D

I heard that you don't get confused by anything.

Archived