Double on board credit when booking

sue1898

Last week on the Eurodam, they ran a special which started I believe on Monday or Tuesday and lasted the rest of the week. If you booked a future cruise you got double the normal OB credit. You had to book a specific cruise rather than a future cruise credit. We were told that it was a test being done on Eurodam and one other ship but perhaps if it's a success it will happen on other ships as well.

Last week on the Eurodam, they ran a special which started I believe on Monday or Tuesday and lasted the rest of the week. If you booked a future cruise you got double the normal OB credit. You had to book a specific cruise rather than a future cruise credit. We were told that it was a test being done on Eurodam and one other ship but perhaps if it's a success it will happen on other ships as well.

Wow, that would be an effective incentive for me I'm sure. I'm sailing very soon, and have my eye on a nifty cruise for next spring. It would be great if this offer was available when I'm aboard. Here's hoping.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up - hopefully this "pilot program" will be such a success on Eurodam they will extend it into October. I will have a few specific cruise dates in mind so I can take advantage if given the opportunity. :)

In February, we were on the Emerald Princess and they were making that offer on ANY Princess cruise booked onboard for all of 2009. That plus some attractive pricing sure got us to book another one. We also booked one for early 2010 and the offer did not apply to it, durn it.

I think it's very unfair to have an offer like that on one ship, and not on the others. I would feel very put-out if I were on another ship, booked a future cruise, and got less OBC just because I was on the "wrong" HAL ship.

I wonder what would happen if someone on a "wrong" ship were to insist on the extra OBC.

Seeing as how I don't have one now.....at least not to my knowledge.....how does one obtain an OBC, and what is the average value?

Just trying to obtain as much knowledge as possible, as I intend to be a "cruiser" moving forward......God Willing, of course.

PopPop3, here's how it works:

When you book a cruise while on a cruise, you will only have to put down $100 pp deposit if the cruise you pick is under 30 days in length. No other monies are due until final payment. Should your plans change, you can move that deposit to your Mariner account where it will stay until you want to use it for another cruise. You must book something within 4 years (you don't have to cruise within 4 years, just have something booked) or you will lose it. You will receive an onboard credit when you take the cruise and the amount depends on the length of the cruise $25-$100 pp). Last week with this special on the Eurodam, the OBC amount was $50-$200pp)

OBC can also be obtained if you own Carnival Corp stock. If you do and are intersted in the info, just search this HAL section of cruisecritic and you will find many discussions on the procedure

Sounds like an incentive to book and sail sooner rather than later. Probably another result of the economy.

And because of the economy ... it seems HAL has been offering some deep discounts lately. So, perhaps this new incentive is a pilot program to see if this will help get heads in beds.

I am suppose to get this for booking on the Eurodam last year (3 day cruise in 2008 when Bermuda cruises announced) for the Veendam to Bermuda. It was a FCC because at the time the specific sailings were not listed. I hope someone from Seattle is reading because right now this is not resolved and they suddenly have no record. I haven't pushed it further because we may cancel in favor of something else at this point since we have been to Bermuda and the prices are way too high to add DD and friend ($1,000 pp plus taxes & Gratuity for an inside for them).

They should offer something extra onboard because they mailed the normal OB credit offer after the cruise. This came after Westerdam and after Eurodam, so nothing extra unless we get the double OBC.

Archived