Crown and Anchor welcome party

Broch

Can someone tell me for sure what welcome party is going to be withdrawn for gold members. Is it the one that every returning guest is invited to? I believe it is to take effect from 1st September now. They still have the original benefits on the UK site and I cannot seem to get the .com site anymore. It keeps directing me to the UK site.

Onboard Benefits

Ultimate Value Booklet

SeaPass Card recognition

Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome Party

Cruise Planning Benefits

Quarterly Saving certificates online

Additional Benefits

Extra Cruise Credits for suites

Extra cruise credit for a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour

Member contestss.gifs.gif

Member Cruises

Crown & Anchor Society Desk for membership inquiries

Member-only section on our websites.gifs.gif

Ok, even though I really don't give a rats a$$ about the little freebies everyone seems to get worked up about, I gotta ask.

What the heck does "Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome Party" mean exactly?

Will the captain say hip hip hooray to all the repeat customers, even though we won't be there to hear it, since we don't get an invite any longer?

HorrorFan......I too have been wondering? I am sure it is a very quick and effective way to thank everyone for their continuing support with Royal Caribbean. Maybe he will hand out on board credit vouchers???? lol

p.s. How are you and the family keeping? :)

they look to have knocked up the length of a cruise for two credits from 11 to 12 nights.

I am pretty sure that it has always been 12 nights or longer to receive 2 cruise credits, at least, here in the US. We have done 2 or 3 11 night-ers and only ever received 1 cruise credit.

they look to have knocked up the length of a cruise for two credits from 11 to 12 nights.

I am pretty sure that it has always been 12 nights or longer to receive 2 cruise credits, at least, here in the US. We have done 2 or 3 11 night-ers and only ever received 1 cruise credit.

I could be wrong, but I though it used to be 10 or 11, but I am not sure.

It's always been cruises 12 nights or longer that receive 2 credits.

Onboard Benefits

Ultimate Value Booklet

SeaPass Card recognition

Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome Party

Cruise Planning Benefits

Quarterly Saving certificates online

Additional Benefits

Extra Cruise Credits for suites

Extra cruise credit for a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour

Member contestss.gifs.gif

Member Cruises

Crown & Anchor Society Desk for membership inquiries

Member-only section on our websites.gifs.gif

Thanks for the information. I have friends that are gold. I am platinum and am I right in thinking their benefits are unchanged.

Thanks for the information. I have friends that are gold. I am platinum and am I right in thinking their benefits are unchanged.

You know, now that I've looked closely, it seems like "Recognition at the Captain's Welcome/Cocktail Party" is very different from an Invitation to the Past Guest Cocktail Party. Could this mean that the past guest party is for now Platinum & Diamond only?

Just off the Spendour on Saturday and being a gold member we recieved an invitation to attend the welcome back party. It was as the others with drinks and speeches from the captain and associates. It is always nice to be recognized and we appreciate that fact from RCL.

Can someone tell me for sure what welcome party is going to be withdrawn for gold members. Is it the one that every returning guest is invited to? I believe it is to take effect from 1st September now. They still have the original benefits on the UK site and I cannot seem to get the .com site anymore. It keeps directing me to the UK site.

You can get onto the .com website by using the change country tab at the top of the .co.uk site

HorrorFan......I too have been wondering? I am sure it is a very quick and effective way to thank everyone for their continuing support with Royal Caribbean. Maybe he will hand out on board credit vouchers???? lol

p.s. How are you and the family keeping? :)

Hey ! How are ya? We're doing well. Just got back from a fabulous Panama cruise.:D

you can get onto the .com website by using the change country tab at the top of the .co.uk site

Thanks chiplondon. They used to have the change country at the bottom of the home page. I even told someone how to get it once. Why does everyboby nowadays seem to want to change everything about. Even supermarkets have items in a cetain place and they leave them there till you get used to them and then they decide to put them somewhere else. Oh well I suppose it is a sign of the times

The way I understand it is, as of Sept. 1 there will be one party - a combined Captain's party/welcome back party and beverages will be available for purchase.:(

Until Septl. 1, there are two parties where complimentary drinks are available - the Captain's party and the C&A welcome back party.

So there will no longer be a C&A welcome back party.:(

I could be wrong, but I though it used to be 10 or 11, but I am not sure.

It was always 12 nights or longer, or a cruise/tour of so many nights.

I have done three 11 night cruises and never received an extra credit unless I sailed in a Junior Suite. :(

The Brilliance in 2003 was an 11 night and it was in effect then. Only 1 credit. ;)

It also seems that from Sept 1 they are doing away with the free gift for Gold and Platinum members. Not that it bothers me, just that it seems we are going backwards rather than going forward. Another sign of the times.

It also seems that from Sept 1 they are doing away with the free gift for Gold and Platinum members. Not that it bothers me, just that it seems we are going backwards rather than going forward. Another sign of the times.

i am glad they are doing away with it. imho that is a good place to make the cutbacks. that and the often wasted pillow chocolates. (i'd eat them;), but many folks do not)

how many c&a hats does one family need?:eek:

i am glad they are doing away with it. imho that is a good place to make the cutbacks. that and the often wasted pillow chocolates. (i'd eat them;), but many folks do not)

how many c&a hats does one family need?:eek:

Agreed! We donated all our chocolates to the kids in my daughter's Adventure Ocean club group.

Just off the Spendour on Saturday and being a gold member we recieved an invitation to attend the welcome back party. It was as the others with drinks and speeches from the captain and associates. It is always nice to be recognized and we appreciate that fact from RCL.

I sailed on Voyager out of Galveston in February. Half of the state of Texas sails on this ship;) so there are always plenty of C&A members aboard. All levels were invited to the member party, however only drinks were served, no little canapes or meat balls.

There was a separate luncheon for Platinum and above.

Just checked my Compasses from last week's repo on the Enchantment and there was only the Captains Welcome Aboard Party on Day 3. No Repeater's Party and no buffets at night either. I did miss the Chocolate Buffet and the waiters circulating with canape's. There was a lovely invitation only brunch for Plat,& Diamond members.

I never saw ony loungers reserved for Suite guests but there were 2 rows reserved in the theater at each show. And they were never filled.

With the suite enhancements and removing benefits from C&A it feels like we are going back to the old days when ships had different classes.

Just off the Monarch OTS on Monday. There was no C&A event for Gold members (or at least we were not invited). I was travelling with two other Gold members. I got the hat; granddaughter (8) received twistable crayons (which she really liked). Don't think hubby got anything.

None of us received the coupon book, either, until we asked for them at Guest Services. No chocolates on our pillows. And it was very hard to find ice in the Windjammer. Our room steward did provide but said he was only supposed to fill the ice buckets at the evening turndown services.

And the drink of the day is over $8.00.

The cutbacks were obvious but did not negatively impact our cruise.

I don't think they've ever had the Welcome Back parties on the shorter sailings. Only 7 nights or longer.

We were on the Monarch last September and there was the Captain's Welcome Aboard party on the formal night and then a Platinum/D/D+ event later in the cruise.

Archived