10 am return flight

tomfromTN

Does anyone think 10 am flight cutting it to close for a return flight from ft lauderdale on the liberty?

You mean 10:00 a.m. the next day. That is no problem.You mean 10:00 a.m. the day the ship arrives? Well that will end up being a missed flight.

Liberty is out of Miami right? Yikes! 10:00 is too early. I just got off the Freedom, which sails from Ft Lauderdale, on Saturday. I'm platinum, so I was debark group 1. Off the ship at 8:20, at the airport around 8:40. We weren't through security until 10. The lines were extremely long to check in for all airlines, and there was only one other ship in port that morning. And the majority hadn't debarked by the time I got to the airport. You have the additional complication of a longer ride. Book a later flight!

On a side note, I will avoid sailing out of Pt Everglades once Oasis and Allure are homeported there...unless they expand FLL airport.

Does anyone think 10 am flight cutting it to close for a return flight from ft lauderdale on the liberty?

Have you considered backplanning?

Let's see:

1. Boarding begins at 9:30

2. Can't check luggage more than 60 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure, therefore must be checked in (not in line but actually checked in) by 9am.

3. At airport and in check-in line by 8:45

4. Let's say 30 minutes to get to airport by cab. So in the cab by 8:15.

5. I've never gotten thru Immigrations in less than 15 minutes in line, so in line at Immigrations by 8am.

6. 30 minutes to get off the ship, thru Customs, and find my luggage. So off the ship no later than 7:30.

Might happen. Only give you a 1 in 4 chance though. What's your backup plan? Don't say fly standby. Doesn't happen these days. (OK, vary rarely). Miss your flight and the airline COULD (not saying will) charge you for a new last minute full fare rate for a new reservation. What hotel you staying at overnight and what about meals.

i think yogi has been convinced it s not a good idea

to go for the early flight..

they do have a bags program where your luggage will be picked up

the night befor, deliver d to the airport, and placed in the appropriate

plane..and you won t see it again till you arrive at your destination..

while at MIA this past Jan..i heard them calling the CCL rep several time s

to check passenger bags that were on the Bags Program..last i heard was it was $20 per bag..

Not a good idea to schedule that flight. The cruiselines suggest a time for return flights for a reason. You would not be happy if you miss that flight and then are on standby for the rest of the day and night. Flights are full, so you may have to wait quite a while before there is an open seat.

next cheap flight isnt untill 6 pm will carnival transport our luggage to airport so we can go to beach or mall?

We were on the Triumph last week and saw a flyer regarding this. For $20., probably per person; they take luggage to the airport, etc. I'm not sure how soon you must follow it, but check the Carnival website. We were driving so didn't pay a lot of attention.

January on the Miracle out of FLL our flight kept being changed to earlier and earlier - it ended up at 10:20 AM. We did self assist and were at out gate at FLL airport by 8 AM. Now, if you are sailing from MIA - I'm not so sure about that one.

We are sailing on the Liberty this Saturday. Our return flight out of FLL isn't until 5:30. We are being picked up at the port of Miami by SAS Transportation and driven to a hotel in Hollywood, FL where will we spend the day. They will pick us back at a pre-arranged time and drive us to the airport. That might be an arrangement worth looking into if you decide to book a later flight.

January on the Miracle out of FLL our flight kept being changed to earlier and earlier - it ended up at 10:20 AM. We did self assist and were at out gate at FLL airport by 8 AM. Now, if you are sailing from MIA - I'm not so sure about that one.

But you cannot plan on things going smoothly.

In December, in Jax, they didn't even BEGIN self-assist until nearly 8:30 because some non-US passport holders didn't report to Immigration, so they couldn't start disembarkation for anyone.

Archived