Ain't no such thing .........

sogamusicman

Posted by Rala:

"I totally agree, but would amend your statement to say "any day I wake up (period!) is a good day"!! I don't post much on this board, but this thread was so refreshing, I just had to offer my 2 cents! Happy cruising to all on whatever line you choose!"

Hi Rala,

Good to see you are still enjoying cruising as much as I do. Rala and I met up on a CC group going through the Panama Canal. It was a wonderful cruise with a lot of great people. No "bitchers" there!

I have loved each and every cruise I have been on and look forward to many, many more.

Vette

When on a vacation and/or cruise, slow down.... Leave the rat race of everyday living behind....

Enjoy everything, don't worry about everything. If the service is slower than what you are used to, so be it. You shouldn't be in any hurry. The key is to slow down....

Don't take everything personally. There will be some hick ups, always are. Ignore them. Go with the attitude nothing will ruin this vacation, nothing....

Avoid the cattle lines as much as possible. Its in those lines you will hear the most complaints from the complainers.

Are you on vacation for R&R, or are you on vacation to rush, rush, rush? If you are in paradise, slow down to paradise's pace, not continue with the city's rat race pace.

"Cattle line" complaints...the couple behind us on embarcation complained loudly that the line was moving TO FAST!!! :eek:

Can any cruise line make everybody happy all the time? No

Can you choose to be happy? Oh yes.

Just let the little things go and concentrate on relaxing and having a great time.

...we're gonna try an RCL just to see if people really can ice skate on a cruise ship. Why not????

I love NCL but I highly recommend you see the ice show on RCI. Yes, people can ice skate on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean. It is the best entertainment at sea.

coffeebean

Was that my DH?:D Our first cruise I didn't even realize that he enjoyed any of it, but I guess he did. The problem is, he is so hard to read(even for me). It was like pulling teeth to get him to admit he enjoyed anything. We were in Hawaii...what is there not to enjoy??? It took over a year to get him to the next cruise and I thought he would only agree to do a short one...so that is why I chose the sky 3 day. On this cruise he admitted that a 7 day would have been ok. :p

I know your life EmmasNana. I live your life! LOL! We're on one of the elevators on the Spirit and this lovely woman leans in and says.....

"Weren't you sitting in the seats in front of us on the plane?" I say "Yes we were". There's a slight pause and then she leans it and whispers to me, "Your husband looks much happier now than he did then." LOL!!!:D

He hates things that aren't "routine". And whines. Oh he can whine. But just like your husband, they have terrific qualities that override their need to be all "We're doomed. We're going die. I have to be stuck on a boat for 7 days and I can't fish off of it? I have to be stuck on a boat with my entire family? I have to wear nice pants to dinner?"

For 15 years I have laughed and just shaken my head and grabbed his hand and pulled him into whatever situation we're in.

[. I have to be stuck on a boat for 7 days and I can't fish off of it? I have to be stuck on a boat with my entire family? I have to wear nice pants to dinner?"

For 15 years I have laughed and just shaken my head and grabbed his hand and pulled him into whatever situation we're in.

Cruel and unusual punishment !!! This borders on torture-- especially not being able to fish. Go after her Obama !!!!:D:D:D

I agree, Don! I call those people "anxiety generators" and try to avoid them whenever possible. On a cruise ship (and sometimes on these boards), people tend to feed off of anxiety generators and make problems snowball and loom larger than they really are.

When I hear complaints on-board, my response (sometimes spoken, sometimes thought to myself) is, "I'm sorry you're having problems but I'm having a blast!":D

Sea Hound:D

Your right! My wife and I have a no gripe rule! If someone is complaining about their experiance on-board, we leave without comment that persons space. Way too many Happy cruisers to enjoy! Metrowon

Well, the DW and I have now tried three lines: Carnival, HAL and NCL. I have come to the following conclusions:

1. There is no such thing as a bad cruise - some are only moderately wonderful, but they're ALL good!

2. Some people are never happy. We had a great deal of fun in Dining areas helping people who were unhappy to feel happier about cruising, rather than obsessing on every minor problem.

3. We are truly addicted! I think after the November cruise on Carnival, we're gonna try an RCL just to see if people really can ice skate on a cruise ship. Why not????

4. For those of you who are offended by this thread ---- let's get a drink of the day and talk about it..........

I disagree with you. Not all cruises are good. NCL and RCCL are two lines I have been on and they were two of the worst cruises I've ever taken. I was thinking of trying NCL and giving them another shot because of their new ownership. Apollo Capital Management really didn't change anything on NCL.

My wife went on a C-T-N because the birthday lady's daughter liked NCL prior to this cruise and took a lot of cruises with them. She isn't going back on NCL either. I haven't been on an NCL cruise since the diaster of a cruise I was on with them in 2003.

Housekeeping came by and leaves dirty glasses in stateroom. Housekeeping leaves dirty wet washclothes in bathroom. Rooms are small and cramped so housekeeping can't make the bed or change the linen. Dining room service was spotty. No one was there to answer a call in room service. No one was at pursar's desk to answer phone at times. Some of the food had an aftertaste.

Not all cruises are good. On NCL you have to get after them to get them to do the job they are supposed to do. On other cruise lines you don't have to do this.

I disagree with you. Not all cruises are good. NCL and RCCL are two lines I have been on and they were two of the worst cruises I've ever taken. Not all cruises are good.

May I ask which cruise lines you sailed when you had a great cruise?

I don't expect a mass marketed cruise line to be as great as a premium cruise line. Do you?

I disagree with you. Not all cruises are good. NCL and RCCL are two lines I have been on and they were two of the worst cruises I've ever taken. I was thinking of trying NCL and giving them another shot because of their new ownership. Apollo Capital Management really didn't change anything on NCL.

My wife went on a C-T-N because the birthday lady's daughter liked NCL prior to this cruise and took a lot of cruises with them. She isn't going back on NCL either. I haven't been on an NCL cruise since the diaster of a cruise I was on with them in 2003.

Housekeeping came by and leaves dirty glasses in stateroom. Housekeeping leaves dirty wet washclothes in bathroom. Rooms are small and cramped so housekeeping can't make the bed or change the linen. Dining room service was spotty. No one was there to answer a call in room service. No one was at pursar's desk to answer phone at times. Some of the food had an aftertaste.

Not all cruises are good. On NCL you have to get after them to get them to do the job they are supposed to do. On other cruise lines you don't have to do this.

You had me interested until you stated some of the food had an aftertaste. One may have a bad cabin steward, but suggesting the ship has a bad chef is another...... Food is subjective.....

Cruises are what we make of them. Obviously there is no way to please you if you can not call room service or the front desk again a bit later.

I know your life EmmasNana. I live your life! LOL! We're on one of the elevators on the Spirit and this lovely woman leans in and says.....

"Weren't you sitting in the seats in front of us on the plane?" I say "Yes we were". There's a slight pause and then she leans it and whispers to me, "Your husband looks much happier now than he did then." LOL!!!:D

He hates things that aren't "routine". And whines. Oh he can whine. But just like your husband, they have terrific qualities that override their need to be all "We're doomed. We're going die. I have to be stuck on a boat for 7 days and I can't fish off of it? I have to be stuck on a boat with my entire family? I have to wear nice pants to dinner?"

fabuloso, you DO live my live! :) Routine hit the nail on the head! LOL!!! You are right though about the wonderful qualities that keep us staying with them. We just need to keep challenging their inflexablity.:D

fabuloso, you DO live my live! :) Routine hit the nail on the head! LOL!!! You are right though about the wonderful qualities that keep us staying with them. We just need to keep challenging their inflexablity.:D

Thanks for hanging in there with us, ladies!;) We honestly try to do our best but sometimes we have other things on our minds! Like sports or hot dogs!:eek:

Keeping you happy is always our top priority, though!:D

I certainly agree with you that not all cruises are great... some are better than others. It just seems that one cannot offer their opinion on NCL without getting their heads chopped off. Don't forget you are not cruising for FREE - if you are not happy with something you are well within your rights to criticize it (how do things get fixed if no one hears about it). I have always enjoyed my NCL cruises (but they are certainly not without fault). I really believe their prices are probably the best and they have great itineraries (but sometimes you just want more and don't mind paying for it). My next cruise will be to Alaska on Princess - (My history is 3 NCL cruises Dawn, Spirit and Jade and 2 HAL Rotterdam and Noordam). Happy cruises to all whatever you decide:)

Your job would be a lot easier if you would let him fish !!:D:D

Well, at least I won't have to run into you on a cruise! :D

DT

Thanks for hanging in there with us, ladies!;) We honestly try to do our best but sometimes we have other things on our minds! Like sports or hot dogs!:eek:

Keeping you happy is always our top priority, though!:D

Sea Hound...we love you!:D

Your job would be a lot easier if you would let him fish !!:D:D

Swedish weave...you have no clue. We would let them fish or anything else they want...some people are just difficult. It does not mean they are not loved:)

May I ask which cruise lines you sailed when you had a great cruise?

I don't expect a mass marketed cruise line to be as great as a premium cruise line. Do you?

It depends on the line and what product they have. I have been on two lines when I have had really good cruises. One was Carnival Cruise Line and another was Celebrity Cruise Line.

Well, at least I won't have to run into you on a cruise! :D

DT

Only if you continue to sail on NCL. Also, I don't sail on RCCL. Other cruise lines you might have to worry about. But, you probably wouldn't know me if you fell over me anyway.

I certainly agree with you that not all cruises are great... some are better than others. It just seems that one cannot offer their opinion on NCL without getting their heads chopped off. Don't forget you are not cruising for FREE - if you are not happy with something you are well within your rights to criticize it (how do things get fixed if no one hears about it). I have always enjoyed my NCL cruises (but they are certainly not without fault). I really believe their prices are probably the best and they have great itineraries (but sometimes you just want more and don't mind paying for it). My next cruise will be to Alaska on Princess - (My history is 3 NCL cruises Dawn, Spirit and Jade and 2 HAL Rotterdam and Noordam). Happy cruises to all whatever you decide:)

Not only am I within my rights to point out something is wrong. I am also within my rights if I don't wish to go with certain products. If you don't like a product, then don't use it. Personally, I like good food. NCL doesn't have it. I done a lot with Carnival and some with Celebrity. I've done one with NCL and one with RCCL. The last two lines provide inferior products. There are others that like them. They can go if they want.

I agree completely! We have tried 3 lines so far, and have a 4th booked. We weren't thrilled with one line, but we still had a great cruise! It's a cruise! What's not to love? :)

What's not to love? If the food doesn't taste good to you. If the service isn't good. If housekeeping doesn't do it's job and even leaves the room more dirty than they found it.

Not only am I within my rights to point out something is wrong. I am also within my rights if I don't wish to go with certain products. If you don't like a product, then don't use it. Personally, I like good food. NCL doesn't have it. I done a lot with Carnival and some with Celebrity. I've done one with NCL and one with RCCL. The last two lines provide inferior products. There are others that like them. They can go if they want.

I agree with you ... my point is NCL cheerleaders do not allow for any opinion other than their own - Every cruise line has good points and bad points (the quality of the food is clearly one of NCL's bad points - but you have to admit if you want a good itinerary at a cheap price they are the standard)

Food is so subjective. What I may like you wouldn't. What you may like I wouldn't. But how can anyone complain about the choice of food when a sirloin and baked potato, or a grilled chicken and baked potato is on the always available menu every night? If you want more elaborate dishes there are the Italian, Spanish, Asian, and French restaurants aboard. If you wish for simpler dishes there is the hamburger and hot dog grill, or the Blue Lagoon with buffalo wings, fish and chips, and chicken nuggets. How can anyone screw up a sirloin and baked potato?

Simply put, if you wish for five star dining from a well established restaurant in your home town, no mass produced kitchen will please, you will be disappointed. If you wish to dine on eatable massed produced banquet food you will dine well on a cruise ship. If you are expecting freshly delivered food that hasn't been frozen or canned, don't cruise. Cruise ships don't get daily food deliveries from their suppliers and vendors.

Food is so subjective. What I may like you wouldn't. What you may like I wouldn't. But how can anyone complain about the choice of food when a sirloin and baked potato, or a grilled chicken and baked potato is on the always available menu every night? If you want more elaborate dishes there are the Italian, Spanish, Asian, and French restaurants aboard. If you wish for simpler dishes there is the hamburger and hot dog grill, or the Blue Lagoon with buffalo wings, fish and chips, and chicken nuggets. How can anyone screw up a sirloin and baked potato?

Simply put, if you wish for five star dining from a well established restaurant in your home town, no mass produced kitchen will please, you will be disappointed. If you wish to dine on eatable massed produced banquet food you will dine well on a cruise ship. If you are expecting freshly delivered food that hasn't been frozen or canned, don't cruise. Cruise ships don't get daily food deliveries from their suppliers and vendors.

I have had good food on a cruise line. However, it wasn't on NCL.

Archived