Is Anyone Else Disappointed with HAL's 2010 Itineraries and Prices

Chelly

Well, as we got 20 days on the Noordam in 2010 for almost 3K less than 19 days FLL-SEA on Westerdam in 2007, I don't think I will be complaining.

I have been watching the Noordam 20 day routes for awhile. They actually seem cheaper than 2008 and 2009 to me. Maybe I am mis-reading, but in light of the comparison in my first paragraph, I am very happy to be booked again.:D

That's interesting. we did 20 days on the Noordam last winter. The same cruise this year, in the same VA category, is $900 more than I paid last year.

Basically, the VD I held today with a man at HAL in Seattle is $13 more per cruise than I paid for a VA on the stern last year. Same exact cruise.

I used a future cruise credit to "hold" the stateroom I wanted, so now will price shop. To add insult to injury, in my mind, I had settled on a wonderful Caribbean itinerary on the Statendam for 2/26. HAL has chartered the ship to the Royal Mounted Police for the Olympics...and the only other date for that itinerary is 4/11.

Fabulous itinerary, IMO, too. A "new" one this year.

That's interesting. we did 20 days on the Noordam last winter. The same cruise this year, in the same VA category, is $900 more than I paid last year.

Basically, the VD I held today with a man at HAL in Seattle is $13 more per cruise than I paid for a VA on the stern last year. Same exact cruise.

I used a future cruise credit to "hold" the stateroom I wanted, so now will price shop. To add insult to injury, in my mind, I had settled on a wonderful Caribbean itinerary on the Statendam for 2/26. HAL has chartered the ship to the Royal Mounted Police for the Olympics...and the only other date for that itinerary is 4/11.

Fabulous itinerary, IMO, too. A "new" one this year.

A major typo there. The Westerdam FLL-Sea was 2008, not 2007.

I forget to say it is in the exact same cabin. And the 2010 trip is the Med.

We also used future cruise credits to save putiing a large deposit. But that didn't change that the price dropped a huge amount.

...I recently was "downsized/rightsized"...

I was also "downsized" in January - three days after we booked our Baltic cruise on Eurodam (and purchased airfare).

We're going anyway...

Not disappointed here at all - we were planning our third Alaska cruise in 2010, so when the new 14-day roundtrip itinerary came out with those wonderful "new" ports of Anchorage, Kodiak, and Homer, we were thrilled!!! Booked last week and are anxiously awaiting May 31st of 2010. Very pleased with the deal our TA got for us, and are hoping for some price drops. Life is good.:p

I think I've tried EVERY single online cruise site there is looking for an eastern Caribbean cruise from March 27-April 4 of 2010. The Cheapest balcony I could find for 4 of us was the HAL Eurodam AND the Westerdam(southern Caribbean) for that week. Not sure if I am allowed to say what site? Regardless, the price is comparable to what we paid on the MSC Orchestra and they had "Kids sail free"!

I think we're gonna book. :) This will be our 1st HAL cruise. :)

- Harry

I think I've tried EVERY single online cruise site there is looking for an eastern Caribbean cruise from March 27-April 4 of 2010. The Cheapest balcony I could find for 4 of us was the HAL Eurodam AND the Westerdam(southern Caribbean) for that week. Not sure if I am allowed to say what site? Regardless, the price is comparable to what we paid on the MSC Orchestra and they had "Kids sail free"!

I think we're gonna book. :) This will be our 1st HAL cruise. :)

- Harry

I'm not sure you are suppose to say the website either but I would love to know as I am looking for the same week. Thanks.

I'm not sure you are suppose to say the website either but I would love to know as I am looking for the same week. Thanks.

We are booked that week on the Westerdam. We also found the Eurodam and Westerdam to be the cheapest that week.

Archived