All things "Victory"

richbum

You can get $20/per person tours (2-3 hrs) from hundreds of guides just off the ship in Dominica...just walk a few streets away from the pier and haggle a bit. It was easy. Great tour too.

quote]

Thats what we did in Dominica, just keep walking, the farther you walk, the lower the prices get and we got a wonderful driver named Henry.

We are on Feb 7, 2010? I know you have the exact count, but my brain doesnt do those calculations all I know is 197 days til my big vacation starts

This may be a silly question but...Do all the islands where Victory is going (all 6 of them) accept US currency?

Yes...they are all very happy to take US currency.;) I never used anything but our beloved dollar. I did have 1 restaurant in Dominica give me back change in their currency, however. I just saved it for show back home.

We are on Feb 7, 2010? I know you have the exact count, but my brain doesnt do those calculations all I know is 197 days til my big vacation starts

Atleast your in the 100's, i'm still over 200 days out......Ok, i will admit, i am going to take a cruise or 2 before this Victory cruise gets here but I don't consider them vacations, just short getaways to me.....my next "real" vacation is Victory.

You will have a great time, Southern Caribbean is sooo addicting!!!

Thank you Rob for the wonderful pictures and information on the "See Antigua by Sea" excursion! We booked this excursion today for our cruise in Sept! WooHoo!

Information for others: This excursion is through Carnival and costs $103.95 per person. 6 hour excursion on a Catamaran around the island, swimming, snorkeling, lunch and drinks provided, music, open bar, etc.....

Thanks for the great pictures!

Based on the ship layout, I think these are one forward of the cabin we are in. ===> Yes.

Did you do these with a fisheye lens? ===> Yes.

They almost look they are taken from outside the rail. ===> Yes.

Yes.

Hi

I just read a review on Carnival Connections of the Victory cruise in June of this year. The poster said that all the entertainment is in Spanish. Is this true? Are all the live shows spanish? If so we will not understand a thing they are saying:eek:. We look forward to going to the shows in the main theater each night and will miss a lot of what's going on if it's all Spanish.

Perhaps the poster was meaning that the music was spanish in the bars and clubs.:confused: That we don't care about so much.

Thanks!

Laurie

Hi

I just read a review on Carnival Connections of the Victory cruise in June of this year. The poster said that all the entertainment is in Spanish. Is this true? Are all the live shows spanish? If so we will not understand a thing they are saying:eek:. We look forward to going to the shows in the main theater each night and will miss a lot of what's going on if it's all Spanish.

Perhaps the poster was meaning that the music was spanish in the bars and clubs.:confused: That we don't care about so much.

Thanks!

Laurie

All the shows we went to in the Caribbean Lounge as well as all the live music we heard was in English.

Hi

Thanks!

Laurie

Sounds like you should fact check that entire review....

Hi

Thanks!

Laurie

Hi Laurie

The poster that you saw is not quite true. The entertainment and the shows are performed in English. What happens is that there are also Puerto Ricans who would be on these cruises as well so the announcements are spoken in English and then there are translated for the spanish speaking guests onboard. Another thing is that each night on the cruise carries a different theme so some nights you would get Spanish/Latin music being played. I can tell you this as a fact because I was also on the Victory in June. I hope that this information has helped you on this subject.

Cruises taken:

RCI Adventure of the Seas - 21/10/2007

Carnival Destiny - 30/07/2008

Carnival Victory - 24/04/2009

Carnival Victory - 24/06/2009

This may be a silly question but...Do all the islands where Victory is going (all 6 of them) accept US currency?

If you chose to use your credit card for larger items they charge it in Caribbean money and then your credit card company charges you for conversion.

Mrsosci

I agree, but I have to wait for January.....:eek:

I see that you don't live too far away from me.I live In New Brunswick ,Canada. I'm going jan 17,2010.We are a border town,next to Calias,Maine.Maybe will have the chance to meet each other???.

This is a dumb question but...for anyone who has flown into San Juan for their cruise...did you put your Carnival luggage tags on before your flight or after? If I do it after then I guess I have to bring a stapler!

Someone on another thread said that the airport people rip them off if they are on there. I leave today, any suggestions?

Thanks!

This is a dumb question but...for anyone who has flown into San Juan for their cruise...did you put your Carnival luggage tags on before your flight or after? If I do it after then I guess I have to bring a stapler!

Someone on another thread said that the airport people rip them off if they are on there. I leave today, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'd say after. We brought a roll of scotch tape to put them on just as we were leaving our hotel in OSJ. Leave today? Your going to love this cruise!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I have always put them on after I claim my luggage in San Juan. That way by the time I get to the port I am ready to hand my bags over to the porters :)

I have always put them on after I claim my luggage in San Juan. That way by the time I get to the port I am ready to hand my bags over to the porters :)

Linda,

How do you attach them? Mine are ones that have been printed on my printer and do not have any sticky side. I covered them with clear packing tape.

Thanks

Go to your local hardware store and buy some small electrical wire ties (aka ty-wraps or zip ties) , puch holes in the ends of your tags and attach with the wire ties.

Good idea...I can use twist ties that I have here. Thanks!