All things "Victory"

richbum

Seriously considering the Victory for our next cruise in mid April to mid May, 2010.

An inquiry as to the weather during those months. I believe I read somewhere that it can be quite rainy those months.

Any observations from those who have cruised the Southern Caribbean during those months would be appreciated.

Thanx!

This may be a stupid question' date=' but her it goes.

Does anyone know what time it gets dark in San Juan?

I was there a little over a year ago on an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale which put us arriving at 5pm. This time we are flying down 2 days before our cruise on the Victory. I have been trying to get a picture of a Carnival Ship at night when its all lit up. The closest I got was in San Juan,however, it started pouring down rain, and I was unable to get my shot.

Would like to get a picture before boarding.

Thank[/quote']

funny thing about that is that the farther south you go, and the closer too the equator you get, the days and nights become closer to the same length. does that make sence? in other words, on the equator the days and nights are always 12 hours long each. puerto rico is still a long way north of the equator, but that principle is starting to come into play. now, having said all that, i havent helped you in the slightest with your question. just some of that useless trivia i remember from high school that i cant make any money with.

tommy

Seriously considering the Victory for our next cruise in mid April to mid May, 2010.

An inquiry as to the weather during those months. I believe I read somewhere that it can be quite rainy those months.

Any observations from those who have cruised the Southern Caribbean during those months would be appreciated.

Thanx!

I normally prefer to cruise around the beginning of May. I've done Southern Caribbean three times, twice during that time and have never had any weather problems.

I did this exact itinerary last May and it has been my favorite cruise so far. I loved it so much that I am doing it again in three weeks. Love having a different port each morning and especially love not having any sea days.

We're on the Victory on 1/17, we ended up getting 6461 with the wraparound balcony! I was trying to figure out which one it is from pictures, does anyone know if it is the one right where it say "Carnival Victory" across the back of the ship?

We're on the Victory on 1/17, we ended up getting 6461 with the wraparound balcony! I was trying to figure out which one it is from pictures, does anyone know if it is the one right where it say "Carnival Victory" across the back of the ship?

The balcony starts where the "Y" in Victory is. You are going to love the balcony...it's awesome.

DSC09649.jpg

DSC09661.jpg

DSC09781.jpg

Edited by DOTTE

The balcony starts where the "Y" in Victory is. You are going to love the balcony...it's awesome.

DSC09649.jpg

DSC09661.jpg

DSC09781.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I had an aft on the Glory a few years back and it was awesome. Unfortunately, that was the best part of the cruise because of some issues I had onboard with rude staff people and getting overcharged in the spa. I said I wouldn't sail on Carnival again, But, when I saw this itinerary and the corner aft, combined with the price, I decided to give Carnival another try.

Hello Everyone...

This is my first time cruising on Carnival and I love all the post and the pic's.. I'm so excited to try this cruise ship out.. I been to all the the islands instead St. Kitts & Dominica so I hope I'll have a good time.. Does anyone know what the menu is on the ship..? ;)

I came across this website showing the menu's from the Carnival Splendor--these menu's are used across the Carnival cruise line.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/menus1.htm

cz

Thanks for the pics! I had an aft on the Glory a few years back and it was awesome. Unfortunately, that was the best part of the cruise because of some issues I had onboard with rude staff people and getting overcharged in the spa. I said I wouldn't sail on Carnival again, But, when I saw this itinerary and the corner aft, combined with the price, I decided to give Carnival another try.

Hopefully on this cruise you won't have any of those problems. We did this same itinerary on the Destiny and had problems with people cutting in lines at the buffet and when we were getting back on the ship. None of these problems when we sailed the Victory. Might of been due to time of year we went.

Anyway, have a great cruise.

hi. im crusing in 18 days on the victory to san juan. how is the food?? i really want to know!! please post pictures if you have any!

thanks!

Here are some samples of the delicious food available on the Carnival Victory.

Some of the desserts:

Warm chocolate melting cake with extra ice-cream!

CarnivalVictoryCruise582.jpg

Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry

IMG_0310.jpg

Cherries Jubilee

IMG_0309.jpg

Delectable Chocolate Amaretto Cake

IMG_0522.jpg

Edited by dz63

luvttrips,

We are on the same sailing - 4 couples together and football fans throughout. I was wondering the same thing. Glad you asked. I hope they will postpone the drill for 1 day so we won't get interrupted. Maybe we will see you there.

We're on this cruise as well, my wife, I and two friends from ny, but the wife and I are in Ga, Where in Ga are you from? We're from Marietta

and some samples of the main course:

delicious, tender roasted prime rib of american beef au jus

img_0307.jpg

free range spring chicken sicilian style

img_0426.jpg

tender, juicy chateaubriand

img_0521.jpg

are you hungry yet?

yes yes please~~~ cant wait to have it all in 3 weeks!!!

I love this thread. My cruise is not until March, so I read through this every now and again to help me pass the days. There seems to be sooooooo much to do. Does anyone have an absolutely must do or must see on this Southern Caribbean itinerary?

I'd vote for swimming with sea turtles in Barbados. I felt almost giddy afterwards!

037.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

050.jpg

..do the deck 9 balcony rooms have refrigerators?
Ice bucket in your room

and an ice machine just down the hall

in case Stewart the cabin steward doesn't refill it fast enough for you

-which he does about twice a day-

you can self-help yourself to all the ice you need.