All things "Victory"

richbum

What did you do on Barbados. Still having a hard time trying to plan something for this island. Currently have activities planned for the other islands but just can't seem to nail down what to do on Barbados. So much to choose from.:)

We took a taxi from the pier to The Boatyard. For $10pp, (I think this was the "low season" price.....regularly $15pp) we got admission to the beach, 2 lounge chairs, 1 umbrella and a shuttle ride back to the ship. The beach was gorgeous! The sandwiches at the snack bar were $21, though! We had a nice, relaxing time there.

Karen

We just got off the Victory 3 days ago, and I believe the "Behind the Fun" tour was held on Friday.

Do you remember what they are charging for the tour? We did a similar tour on NCL earlier this year and it was fascinating!

Mike

Bru92,

No, we never found out what the price was. We knew we were going to be off the ship for an excursion, so we didn't look any more into it. We've done a galley tour before, and that was good, so I'm sure this was very interesting.

Sorry to be of no help.....:-(

Karen

Bru92,

No, we never found out what the price was. We knew we were going to be off the ship for an excursion, so we didn't look any more into it. We've done a galley tour before, and that was good, so I'm sure this was very interesting.

Sorry to be of no help.....:-(

Karen

I think its $95 pp.

We have just booked this cruise for next fall. The wait will kill me but having you all hear posting all your reviews etc sure helps!!

I don't have any ship pics but do have some from St Thomas and St Martin as we have been several times before. Our favorite excursion was the three island snorkeling tour in St Martin through Capt Alan (you can easily find him googling) It was stunning!

PA230652.jpg

PA230653.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Good afternoon everyone...:D

We are leaving at the end of this week for our Victory cruise....we booked this cruise a year ago and are sooo excited that it is almost here!!!

For all the recent Victory cruisers...does anyone know what movies they are currently playing on the Seaside Theatre?

Thanks,

Erin

If you ever make it out on to the small bow decks

it's windy out there!

BowDeck-619.jpg

Not so bad when in port, but when the ship is under way

out in the open ocean...it can get really windy out there! :eek:

Bin there done that - had to seriously hang onto the contents of my shirt pocket!

How do you get to this part of the ship??

Movies from my Capers (Oct 25 - Oct 31).

Oct 25 - Pink Panther II

Oct 26 - Gooby

Oct 27 - Confessions of a Shopholic

Oct 28 - Duplicity

Oct 29 - Madea Goes to Jail

Oct 30 - Beetlejuice

Oct 31 - Paul Blart-Mall Cop

Because they were showing the World Series on a number of nights, the movie showings were very late.

Did someone say pictures?

How about Sapphire Beach St. Thomas.

100_6287.jpg

100_6276.jpg

100_6297.jpg

100_6263.jpg

P5110137.jpg

P5110156.jpg

hey beentravelin, when did you take these pics at sapphire beach?

does anyone know what it looks like now? have the issues with mgmt been sorted out?

how are the bathrooms?

food?

Movies from my Capers (Oct 25 - Oct 31).

Oct 25 - Pink Panther II

Oct 26 - Gooby

Oct 27 - Confessions of a Shopholic

Oct 28 - Duplicity

Oct 29 - Madea Goes to Jail

Oct 30 - Beetlejuice

Oct 31 - Paul Blart-Mall Cop

Because they were showing the World Series on a number of nights, the movie showings were very late.

Wow, they showed a madea movie!!

My TA just confirmed that anytime dining is now available for our sailing on 12/6/09! So anyone with a december booking that is interested should definitely check and see if they can switch over.

Awesome, I'm excited. Sadly the staff didn't know about it when i asked a week ago.

My TA just confirmed that anytime dining is now available for our sailing on 12/6/09! So anyone with a december booking that is interested should definitely check and see if they can switch over.

Hi! Is this the same idea as the Norweigan 'freestyle' dining? Is it better than having reserved seating, do you think?

~Deb

hey beentravelin, when did you take these pics at sapphire beach?

does anyone know what it looks like now? have the issues with mgmt been sorted out?

how are the bathrooms?

food?

We were there in May of this year. Didn't go into the hotel. The Restrooms by the beach were nasty! We ate a bite at a food stand called the Banana Shack. Decent hotdogs.

Can anyone tell me if the doors are metal going into the cabins? My kids like to have a door sign and we usually do it on magnetic paper- thanks

Yes. All doors are metal! Your magnets will work just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae123

Can anyone tell me if the doors are metal going into the cabins? My kids like to have a door sign and we usually do it on magnetic paper- thanks

"Yes. All doors are metal! Your magnets will work just fine."

Well, we just sailed on the Victory a week ago and I will tell you that our cabin doors were not metal. The wife had made up an anniversary sign which she wanted to "stick" on the outside of our cabin door with magnets, but we quickly found out that was not going to work. Finally, got a hold of some clear tape and everything worked out fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae123

"Yes. All doors are metal! Your magnets will work just fine."

Well, we just sailed on the Victory a week ago and I will tell you that our cabin doors were not metal. The wife had made up an anniversary sign which she wanted to "stick" on the outside of our cabin door with magnets, but we quickly found out that was not going to work. Finally, got a hold of some clear tape and everything worked out fine.

That's bizzare. I was led to believe all doors on Carnival ships had to be Metal for fire protection. Maybe they are some other metal than steel????? Confused!

We have decided on Carnival for our Southern Caribbean cruise in May 2010. Since it is port intensive I wonder if it's worth paying for the aft wrap around? We love them as we spend a lot of time on our balcony. Night night people but early risers and avid readers. We often have meals on the balcony. Have always had an aft...so a little concerned about other locations. Your thoughts?

We booked cabin 6432-- an extended balcony, not a wrap. In our opinion, it was not worth the extra money (for the wrap) since we are in a different port everyday and we would not be spending much time in our cabin.

thanks for your reply.....do you have any idea how much bigger the extended aft is than a regular balcony??