Price Reduction but Fees and Taxes Increased?

Just found out that a cruise we have booked for 2010 had a price reduction (Thanks Sabbo...Cruise Shark!)!

However, the taxes and fees increased by over $100.

Does anyone know if I have to pay the new taxes and fees if I get the price reduction or am I locked into the prior taxes and fees?

If I have to pay the increased taxes/fees, it really minimizes the price reduction... (but every little bit helps)

Without knowing more of the specifics I would think yes you have to pay all of the higher taxes and fees.

death and taxes, they are hard to escape.

Some of those low price deals aren't so low anymore when you add in the taxes. Just look at Panama Canal or Alaska cruise taxes and fees.

Just found out that a cruise we have booked for 2010 had a price reduction (Thanks Sabbo...Cruise Shark!)!

However, the taxes and fees increased by over $100.

Does anyone know if I have to pay the new taxes and fees if I get the price reduction or am I locked into the prior taxes and fees?

If I have to pay the increased taxes/fees, it really minimizes the price reduction... (but every little bit helps)

No, you do not pay the higher rate, your TA should get RCI to amend the T&F back down to what they originally were.

The same as if the T&F went down when you changed price code then you would still pay the original higher cost

This is how it works in the UK

We have had price drops and the taxes/fees had increased. We asked for the price drop, which we did get, and RCI never mentioned or increased the taxes/fees. I never mentioned it either....:D

Good News!

TA was able to get taxes/fees to remain the same and not increase $100+

so a good price reduction is now a Very Good price reduction...:D

This is good news for everyone since taxes and fees seem to be increasing significantly!

Archived