Next Cruise Booking Date/OBC Amount

Hello everyone!

I purchased my NC in June 2007, picked specific itinerary in March 2008, and am sailing in 10 days. My OBC is showing up as $100. At the time I purchased NC, the OBC was $200. I just called RCI to inquire, and they said that the OBC is determined by the date the specific cruise is booked or the conversion date as they called it. I just wanted to see if this is what others have experienced. If memory serves me right, I thought some CC members said they received the OBC based on the NC purchase date. Does anyone have any insight? I am not angry over this, but I believe that I purchased it under the agreement that I would be getting a $200 OBC.

From what I understand, the OnBoard Credit (even back in 2007) amount was decided by the length of the cruise.

$50 for < 5 nights

$100 for 6-8 nights

$200 for 9+ nights

- Ryan

EDIT: If you booked a cruise that is 9 days or longer, Call Crown & Anchor (or the generic RCCL number) and have them adjust it to $200. Since it is after 5pm, you may have to wait until tomorrow. (A supervisor must remove the $100 credit, and most of the supervisors go home at 5pm EST.)

- Ryan

I just booked a cruise and they gave me the wrong amount of OBC, so I just let them know and they corrected it, but they had to call some other office or person to do it.

Was this for the WOW sale today/tomorrow?

Yes. The reps have the ability to ADD a credit, but they need a supervisor to allow them to REMOVE the old/wrong credit first.

- Ryan

As stated above, the amount of OBC is based on the length of the cruise, not the date the NC was purchased.

I believe the $200 OBC now has to be 10 nights or longer instead of 9. I'm not sure when that changed but if you're doing a 9-nighter your NC purchase date might come into play.

5 or less nights = $50

6 to 9 nights = $100

10 or more nights = $200

Good luck getting it resolved if that's the case.

Hello everyone!

I purchased my NC in June 2007, picked specific itinerary in March 2008, and am sailing in 10 days. My OBC is showing up as $100. At the time I purchased NC, the OBC was $200. I just called RCI to inquire, and they said that the OBC is determined by the date the specific cruise is booked or the conversion date as they called it. I just wanted to see if this is what others have experienced. If memory serves me right, I thought some CC members said they received the OBC based on the NC purchase date. Does anyone have any insight? I am not angry over this, but I believe that I purchased it under the agreement that I would be getting a $200 OBC.

I would definitely state your case to the Crown and Anchor line. I think you should get it because at the time you booked your NC, you were promised $200 for a 9 night cruise.

I would definitely state your case to the Crown and Anchor line. I think you should get it because at the time you booked your NC, you were promised $200 for a 9 night cruise.

This hasn't happened to me, but my reading has shown that SOME people have gotten the $200 and some have not.

melsdt, keep calling and keep pushing.

Let us know how it turns out.

As stated above, the amount of OBC is based on the length of the cruise, not the date the NC was purchased.

I believe the $200 OBC now has to be 10 nights or longer instead of 9. I'm not sure when that changed but if you're doing a 9-nighter your NC purchase date might come into play.

5 or less nights = $50

6 to 9 nights = $100

10 or more nights = $200

But when the OP booked the next cruise, a 9 nighter was $200

But when the OP booked the next cruise, a 9 nighter was $200

Which is why I tossed in the bolded statement. But you may have originally read it between edits as I edited it about 3 times. :p ;)

5 or less nights = $50

6 to 9 nights = $100

10 or more nights = $200

Great catch Aprille! I've edited my original post to say 'nights', in case someone digs up this thread in the future. Thanks!

-Ryan

But I edited it after you quoted me so you might want to check again. :p ;)

5 or less nights = $50

6 to 9 nights = $100

10 or more nights = $200

Yes, I am going on a 9-night cruise.

I think I will call back, and see if I get anywhere. Like I said, I'm not mad over this, but to me, they should honor the amount advertised when I purchased it.

Ok. I did some research (Google and CruiseCritic), and it appears the policy changed on December 17, 2007. Prior to this date, the $200 credit was for 9+ nights. After this date, the $200 credit is for 10+ nights.

- Ryan

This hasn't happened to me, but my reading has shown that SOME people have gotten the $200 and some have not.

melsdt, keep calling and keep pushing.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks. I will. I vaguely remember some people getting the old amounts too.

Archived