Viewing reservation online

Hi

I just booked yesterday, but can't seem to view the reservation online yet...

- How long does it normal take, after booking, for the reservation be accessible?

- I was given two reservation numbers by the Travel Agent - their own reference and a Regent booking number. The Regent booking number that I have has 7 digits, is that correct (or did I manage to copy it down incorrectly).

Thanks

Boo

Brilliant, thank you both very much... I will be patient and see what happens.

Boo

Once you can get into the Already Booked section, make sure you complete (or update?) the Guest Information Form. It seems you must do so before you can make reservations.

Once you can get into the Already Booked section, make sure you complete (or update?) the Guest Information Form. It seems you must do so before you can make reservations.

Thank you very much MtnDriver, will do :)

Does this require passport number? My passport expires in November this year, so currently thinking of renewing it now (fast track - takes a couple of weeks or less in the UK) - in case of any "less than 6 months validity left" problems...

So I would like to complete the guest info as soon as possible (so i can start making reservations), but then maybe update my passport info (with new passport) when I get it in two/three weeks... Does that sound ok?

Boo

Your TA or Regent can tell you about the passport reqs. I had to do that when we went to Tahiti in December, I was ticked, since it shaves 6 months off the passport, effectively.

But not sure about Canadian and US entry requirements with respect to this. My TA would say, "do it".

Thank you very much MtnDriver, will do :)

Does this require passport number? My passport expires in November this year, so currently thinking of renewing it now (fast track - takes a couple of weeks or less in the UK) - in case of any "less than 6 months validity left" problems...

So I would like to complete the guest info as soon as possible (so i can start making reservations), but then maybe update my passport info (with new passport) when I get it in two/three weeks... Does that sound ok?

Boo

I would suggest you complete the form with your current passport numbers and amend it when you get your new passport.

I just thought of something--if you do fill out your current passport with its expiry, you may get some kind of feedback that tells you that there's a problem. I believe their *old* computer system used to do this, because that's how I discovered the problem with my husband's passport last fall (I remembered, it was his passport with the problem.)

I just thought of something--if you do fill out your current passport with its expiry, you may get some kind of feedback that tells you that there's a problem. I believe their *old* computer system used to do this, because that's how I discovered the problem with my husband's passport last fall (I remembered, it was his passport with the problem.)

Wendy, are you really expecting the new computer system to be this advanced?! ;)

Boo Boo, I'd say to simply try to enter the information online -- the worst that can happen is that it will tell you you can't proceed. And if it doesn't stop you, then you're all set to make your reservations.

-- Eric

I would feel "safer" travelling on a renewed passport, plus don't like leaving renewal to nearer the time (incase it expires and we have to fly somewhere short notice - with relatives around the world, you never know...).

In the UK, they actually "add" the extra time onto your new passport: i.e. if I renewed now, my new passport wouldn't expire until Nov 2019 - which is good.

Filling out the guest information with my current passport details and then updating them with the new passport details seems like a good idea... need to get some reasonable passport photos taken now...

Boo

Oh how nice, I wish the Canadians would do the same--they stiff us for a pretty good fee for a measly 5 years, then 6 months get effectively shaved off.

I would get the new passport in process asap, if it's possible in the timeframe. I would be worried that Regent would not allow you to board, so yes, fill out the info form and see what happens, but I would still get in touch with your TA or Regent.

Boo,

Unfortunately, you'll have to renew your passport before Regent will allow you to complete the Guest Information Form online. As an experiment, I just completely filled out and saved the Guest Information Form for my November 2010 TA. That cruise is less than six months from the expiration date of my passport. When I saved the form, I received an error message saying that the expiration date of my passport had to be at least six months from the disembarkation date of the cruise. The web site states that the form is incomplete.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Canadian passports only last 5 years? Wow! And I think that it s a hassle renewing every 10...

Will get the passport application, photos and try to get it submitted all tomorrow (depending on what authentication they require thes edays for a renewal...). Tried to pick up an application form yesterday, but my local Post Office doesn't stock them... :(

Will fast track it, so it should come back within two weeks (the last one was back within a week - but that was pretty amazing!).

Thank you so much for all of your advice - really helpful :)

Boo

Can now access my reservation online (horray), but as Davefr pointed out (well I had to double check for myself), it wont accept my passport information (since it will have less than 6 months to run at the time of the cruise...) :(

Oh well, better get on to it tomorrow :)

Thanks

Boo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update and to thank everyone again.

My new passport has arrived (12 days - 7 working days - after applying for it): so i can now fully access our reservation and make dining/excursion bookings :)

I have snapped up a couple of tickets on the Tracey Arm Tour (since they go quickly, apparently) and am still pondering what else to do - will look through things with husband tonight.

Thanks

Boo

My new passport has arrived (12 days - 7 working days - after applying for it): so i can now fully access our reservation and make dining/excursion bookings :)

Yea, Boo, good for you -- and kudos to the British passport office! I don't think anyone in the us could hope to get that a passport renewed quite that fast. Happy booking!

-- Eric

Archived