Shopping Pictures

hellokitty49

Postcards with photos of the ship.

The only t-shirt I've ever bought was from the Pacific Princess's farewell season -- oh, wait, pardon me, not a t-shirt, it was a sweatshirt. Which is now way too big for me. I should sell it on E-Bay; probably could make a fortune!

I'll only buy the t-shirts if they are $10 or less (usually two for $20 works! :)). The shirts I really like are the polo (golf) shirts with the pocket and the "official" Princess logo of the cruise. I now have one from Alaska, Australia and Panama Canal. Looking forward to "collecting" more. These were 50% off on our last, Panama Canal, cruise! :D Guess it was close to the end of season.

I wear the t-shirts at the gym year-round. The polo shirts I wear to work during the warmer months of the year.

You can also get some bargains at the big sale they have towards the middle or end of the cruise on a sea day in one of the Dining Rooms. Bought a nice fleece pull-over jacket for $10 on our last cruise. Probably were left over from 2008 Alaska season.:eek:

Okay, only 2 cruises but... on the Royal I bought a t-shirt which I still wear from time to time.

On the Pacific I got a white sweatshirt with a red heart and "The Love Boat" on it. This was her last cruise to Bermuda and I was lucky to get the sweatshirt. They sold out but a lady we'd met on board bought one without trying it on and when she did it was too small so she sold it to me. :)

But, I have a couple magnets and postcards from both ships. Will look into the more "upscale" tops next month, but only when on sale. :p

Travel Mug when we bought our first coffee card - used them throughout the cruise for our morning coffee, they filed it when we ordered the specialty foamy coffee at dinner. Pack them for our subsequent cruises - we're ALWAYS happy when we use them because we're remembering each cruise.

Is the jewelry good and worth it?

It runs the gamut from costume to the fine jewelry in the shops.

If there is an expensive piece you have your eye on, frequently some of the items will drop in price towards the end of the cruise. I bought an emerald and diamond ring on Princess once after it went on a drastic price cut that pushed me over the edge. And I love it.

Love those pretty $10 evening bags! Also love to look at and sometimes buy the 2 for $39.99 rings they have out. I have a couple of those and you really can't hardly tell the difference. I have had mine for 3 years now and they are still like new. Great value for costume jewelry.

I got a great fun purse for the summer. It had 3 flamingos on the front and I used it until it fell apart. Everyone asked where I got it. It was the best $19.99 I've ever spent on a purse.

I always have to check out the Swarovski crystal and have found several lovely pieces of jewelery. Hubby usually gets a baseball hat and we buy coffee mugs the first day so that we can get our coffee in a larger cup and carry with us the rest of the cruise.

I have got only liquor recently. Don't feel the shops have anything I want to buy. Had a $300 ship board credit recently and really found it hard to spend.

Years ago, often the shops had some nice "non logo" clothing items, I often picked up a fancy jacket or something else that could be dressed up and worn on the ship in the evenings. Too bad they don't still have such items.

I've picked up a few pieces of swarovski jewelery, the prices tend to be about $10 - $15 less than the online listed price and its duty free! also the bijou terner items at $10/item are a good nab.

Love those pretty $10 evening bags! Also love to look at and sometimes buy the 2 for $39.99 rings they have out. I have a couple of those and you really can't hardly tell the difference. I have had mine for 3 years now and they are still like new. Great value for costume jewelry.

Yep, here is mine, all ready to go!

2990386230101627832S200x200Q85.jpg

Archived