sydney passenger terminal

iv'e read some critiscisms of the point of embarkation for cruise ships at sydney my mum will be in a wheelchair as she can't walk very far, what do people seem to think is wrong with it.

thanks jackiedanny

We had a large number of people using wheel chairs and scooters when we sailed out of Sydney and I didn't hear any complaints about boarding problems. Since you are concerned, I'd suggest googling the port terminal and contacting them direct. I know there are escalators but I believe there was an elevator as well.

There are different locations/terminals used, and one cruise line is actively campaigning for the government to provide better facilities for it, which may be the cause of the confusion. However, the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Sydney is definitely a good facility and in a great location. You may want to check which location you may be dealing with, however.

iv'e read some critiscisms of the point of embarkation for cruise ships at sydney my mum will be in a wheelchair as she can't walk very far, what do people seem to think is wrong with it.

thanks jackiedanny

The 2 terminals in Sydney are the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay , and Wharf 8 at Darling Harbour. We have been on cruises that have used both and have not noticed any problems at either with regard to wheelchairs.

In fact we have always commented on how many staff are around to assisst any one who needs help.

The only problem you may encounter is if there is a large crowd and you cannot see where the ramps or lifts are, in which case just look out for one of the staff and ask.

The 2 terminals in Sydney are the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay , and Wharf 8 at Darling Harbour. We have been on cruises that have used both and have not noticed any problems at either with regard to wheelchairs.

In fact we have always commented on how many staff are around to assisst any one who needs help.

The only problem you may encounter is if there is a large crowd and you cannot see where the ramps or lifts are, in which case just look out for one of the staff and ask.

Does this mean that we will leave from Wharf 8 on the Rhapsody of the Seas heading up to the Great Barrier Reef?

Does this mean that we will leave from Wharf 8 on the Rhapsody of the Seas heading up to the Great Barrier Reef?

You would need to check your cruise docs when they arrive, but according to the Ports of Sydney cruise schedule you are booked to leave from the OPT... Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay, best spot in Sydney,great views of the Opera House and Bridge.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Rhapsody of the Seas 01-Dec-2009 05:00 (Tue) 01-Dec-2009 18:30 (Tue) Overseas Passenger Terminal ISS Royal Caribbean

It looks like our ship the Volendam Dec 6th leaves from Darling Harbour. What is the view like from this harbour. I presume the ship docks. I gather the the OST is the better embarkation pier. What is there to see close to this harbour?

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

You would need to check your cruise docs when they arrive, but according to the Ports of Sydney cruise schedule you are booked to leave from the OPT... Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay, best spot in Sydney,great views of the Opera House and Bridge.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

Rhapsody of the Seas 01-Dec-2009 05:00 (Tue) 01-Dec-2009 18:30 (Tue) Overseas Passenger Terminal ISS Royal Caribbean

Thank-you for posting this link.

We are just back from our Sydney to Vancouver repo on the Rhapsody. We sailed out of the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. No problems with boarding, very fast and efficient.

We are just back from our Sydney to Vancouver repo on the Rhapsody. We sailed out of the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. No problems with boarding, very fast and efficient.

Hi M&A,

Thank you for your recent review for your cruise onboard Rhapsody Of The Seas.

I was wondering if you had any online photos albums?

I am booked onboard a Rhapsody cruise later this year and would love to have a look at the ship!!

My email address is luckie_puris@yahoo.com.au

Thank you for your assistance. Have a great weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jackidanny

If you embark at the overseas terminal you will go in and up either the left or escalator choice is yours do you checkup and then go through a door and across the gangway. If you embark at Darling Harbour you will go in on the ground floor check in go through immigration and then up a gangway, we were ablebodied so no issue but they may have a different gangway lower for people with mobility problems. I am sure they have people available to help if needed. hopefully it is the Overseas terminal as you have a fantastic view of the harbour while you are waiting to leave.

Hope this helps

Maree :)

Archived