Are you using your FCC now to take advantage of low prices?

WCAB

I am wondering if those who have FCC's are booking at this time strictly to take advantage of some of the great prices or are you holding on to the credits until a cruise comes along that excites you. I will not be cruising in 2009 but hope to in 2010 and am wondering if I should do some research now and go ahead and book or just wait and book when I would normally do so for a cruise.

We have FCC's buy one each every cruise. We cruise for where the ship goes and not price, our vacation times are limited. I would research now for 2010. I research all the time, just don't book. The cruise lines from year to year can change things around which can make for a more exciting cruise.

2010 is a long way off for booking a cruise unless it's for a special event of you're limited by a schedule. We book cruises for the better price & don't really care where they go so we're always looking for the "deal" and not any special time or ship.

I did - I have never booked so far in advance before, it feels a little weird! But I want the itinerary, it only happens once next year, I must have a balcony, and the price was also good.

And there's no harm, right? You can cancel up til final deposit and get your deposit back. And our TA will drop the price if it drops more, so I say what do you have to lose.

I have booked my last couple of cruises over a year out. Was able to get the cabin I wanted and knew that we could cancel up to the final payment. That's the beauty of the FCC! NOthing out of pocket at this time!

I am wondering if those who have FCC's are booking at this time strictly to take advantage of some of the great prices or are you holding on to the credits until a cruise comes along that excites you. I will not be cruising in 2009 but hope to in 2010 and am wondering if I should do some research now and go ahead and book or just wait and book when I would normally do so for a cruise.

Yes! We book as far out as we can for the aft cabins that we love. Those aft balcony (BB) go so fast that we are "forced" to book a suite:rolleyes: at times just to get the location. I booked this coveted balcony for March directly with Princess for $1,169 each & it has already gone up $220 per person. Just lucky I guess. I used the future cruise credit we had on file & I will still look around on the web for a better price, but as of today Princess had the best price as they discounted their price by $820 each. Good luck, but use those credits to avoid a large downpayment.

Jan

That aft cabin idea looks good, but I am waiting right now for a possible price decrease on one that we have been keeping our eye on. (That British Isle's cruise). We are cruising in August, so will decide then. I would really like to go to Australia/New Zealand, but hate the idea of the flight!!

I keep saying that I want to wait till I retire so I can spend a longer time there! That Aussie cruise that goes around Australia sounds wonderful! (Did I include Fiji & Tahiti in that?)!!!:D:D

That aft cabin idea looks good, but I am waiting right now for a possible price decrease on one that we have been keeping our eye on. (That British Isle's cruise). We are cruising in August, so will decide then. I would really like to go to Australia/New Zealand, but hate the idea of the flight!!

I keep saying that I want to wait till I retire so I can spend a longer time there! That Aussie cruise that goes around Australia sounds wonderful! (Did I include Fiji & Tahiti in that?)!!!:D:D

Haven't done Australia yet, but have done Tahiti twice & when you do ...go business class. That flight from Tahiti to Los Angles is 7 1/2 hours & business is worth every penny. Plus, living in Michigan we still had another 4 hour flight home from L.A.

Jan

We pruchased FCC's for the first time in Nov 08. Our plan was to use them to book a cruise in 2011 for our 20th wedding anniversary. We are sailing next week on the Caribbean Princess because when I got home in Nov Princess emailed me a deal I couldn't pass up. I can't book so far in advance because of our work schedule and our children's school schedule. I would hate to book a cruise get excited about it and have to cancel.

I always have a couple of FCCs for "just in case" so I can take advantage of either a cruise of interest or great pricing. As for 2010, I have cruises booked into 2010 and my friend and I are researching trips for late 2010.

Definately! I've had these FCCs eating a hole in my pocket for over two years. ;) If I had a good enough time on my last Princess cruise to book a FCC, I'm sure going to use it when a good deal comes along. Besides, I can book another one as soon as I get back on board! :D

We just found the itinerary that we've been wanting to do for years and one agency had a price that was over $800pp less than the nearest competitor!! So the FCC sure came in handy; nothing like being able to book as soon as you find what you want. I love the FCC's. I buy at least 2 on every cruise. :)

Archived