From Coco Cay to Nassau

My lil cousin is interested in going to Atlantis. Namely, she wants to go to the waterpark and swim with the dolphins. Can we go from Coco Cay to Nassau? If so, what are some reliable/safe ways to go from CocoCay to Nassau for this excursion?

Thanks. :p

My lil cousin is interested in going to Atlantis. Namely, she wants to go to the waterpark and swim with the dolphins. Can we go from Coco Cay to Nassau? If so, what are some reliable/safe ways to go from CocoCay to Nassau for this excursion?

Short answer....NO

When you are at Coco Cay, essentially, you're still on the ship. Any excursion, or drink you purchase is charged to your seapass. You can't go anywhere except the island or the ship. Consider it a sea day, on land! It's much nicer than Atlantis, anyway! And, you've already paid for it!

While both CocoCay and Nassau are on islands of the Bahamas, they are nowhere near each other. CocoCay is the only place that you go on the day that you go to CocoCay. :)

(CocoCay is Little Stirrup Cay and Atlantis is on Paradise Island)

I think nassau is 175 miles from Coco Cay

I think nassau is 175 miles from Coco Cay

Not sure the exact distance, but that seems awfully far. I remember being on the Norwegian Dawn going to Great Stirrup Cay and because of weather we had to leave and go to Nassau. Took maybe 2 or 3 hours to get there.

If i had to guesstimate i would say between 15 and 20 miles away.

Anyone else have any insight?.....

Oh yeah, to the OP: As other have said, it would be impossible to do what your asking about.

THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. ITS A PRIVATE ISLAND WITH NO TRANSPORTATION. lARRY

If i had to guesstimate i would say between 15 and 20 miles away.

The actual distance from Coco Cay to Nassau is about 80 miles.

Look at Google Earth. Nassau is the easiest to find. From there, look NW from Nassau to the string of islands stretching North. Coco Cay and Great Stirrup Cay (NCL) are at the top of that chain. If you zoom in, you can see two cruise ships; one at each private island.

The actual distance from Coco Cay to Nassau is about 80 miles.

Look at Google Earth. Nassau is the easiest to find. From there, look NW from Nassau to the string of islands stretching North. Coco Cay and Great Stirrup Cay (NCL) are at the top of that chain. If you zoom in, you can see two cruise ships; one at each private island.

Thanks for that info, i did not think it was that far, but at the same time, when we were told we would have to skip the private island and head to Nassau early is also when i started hitting the Margarita's pretty hard :p

It felt like we flew there....:p

One thing you may want to do is consider switching your cruise to one of the 4 night cruises that actually goes to Nassau. I think the 3 night ones do skip it. They are not all that much more money and then you actually get a whole day to wonder around Atlantis. I'm not sure of your situation and it may be to late to switch but its just a suggestion.

Archived