Rainy Cruise

Hello Everyone,

My family will be on Easter Caribbean cruise next week on Freedom and we are all very excited. However, I checked the weather in the region today and it seems like there will be a high chance of rain in both St martin and St Thomas island during the port days. Can anyone give me any suggestions in case that happens? is it still worth doing any excursions on those islands? Should we even get off the ship at all? Any advice is most welcomed. Thanks.

Jason

The weather in the Caribbean in the summer generally calls for a chance of rain every day. It does not typically rain the entire day, but a passing shower is common. I would not let the forecast impact me as that it a typical Caribbean forecast.

Also keep in mind that when it rains it is generally a warm, refreshing rain so it often feels good!

Go and enjoy your cruise. Don't let the weather ruin it, we can't control it at all. You can take an umbrella or ponchos. Once when we were in St. Maarten, it rained half the day, and we walked the streets and did shopping, and had a great time. They have some great shopping there. Same with St. Thomas.

It rained the day we were in St. Thomas and it was the most refreshing thing that I think I have experienced.

It only rained for about one hour and we just continued walking around. The rain was warm and within a few minutes of it stopping, everything was dry again.

Everyone else was running inside like their sugar coatings were going to melt. You're in shorts, a t-shirt and flipflops...who cares if you get wet.

We experienced a full week of rain on our Alaska cruise, and that wasn't warm rain. We just continued on and LOVED our cruise.

You'll have a wonderful time, rain or shine.

There's a chance of rain EVERY day in the Caribbean! While at sea, the captain will do his best to avoid rainstorms, and on islands, they're generally short-lived. It will remain warm the entire time. Don't worry!

Hello Everyone,

My family will be on Easter Caribbean cruise next week on Freedom and we are all very excited. However, I checked the weather in the region today and it seems like there will be a high chance of rain in both St martin and St Thomas island during the port days. Can anyone give me any suggestions in case that happens? is it still worth doing any excursions on those islands? Should we even get off the ship at all? Any advice is most welcomed. Thanks.

Jason

That is the forecast for just about everyday in the Caribbean this time of year.

Pretty much anything that departs out of a florida port is gonna have a chance for rain or t-storms. Its florida, they forecast rain for everyday of the year. Rain storms do blow thru pretty quick down in the islands. Don't let it ruin your plans. Keep your excursions booked and do get off the ship and have a great time.

Being a meteorologist, I feel like I should check-in here. As soon as you hit spring time, you basically have the chance of a thunderstorm every afternoon on any Caribbean island. When the warm, moist Atlantic Ocean air hits the elevated land of island, storms usually pop up. However, most of each day should feature plenty of very warm sunshine.

If you check this, http://www.wunderground.com/US/VI/Saint_Thomas.html, you'll see its just more of a mix of sun and clouds in between any storms.

Go enjoy the cruise, and be glad it's not hurricane season yet!

Archived