Voyager Class Questions

We sailed on AOS last year and had a deck 6 balcony. I noticed when we boarded that the decks above us all had the "glass" barriers on the balconies while our deck had steel. We are looking into booking a Mediterranean cruise on Navigator this year and can't remember at what level the balconies turn to "glass". Anyone remember for sure?

Also, there is a standard balcony room (E1) I think, available on the stern of the ship on deck seven I think. Anyone sailed back there and did you like it better than being on the sides?

Thanks in advance!

We sailed on AOS last year and had a deck 6 balcony. I noticed when we boarded that the decks above us all had the "glass" barriers on the balconies while our deck had steel. We are looking into booking a Mediterranean cruise on Navigator this year and can't remember at what level the balconies turn to "glass". Anyone remember for sure?

Also, there is a standard balcony room (E1) I think, available on the stern of the ship on deck seven I think. Anyone sailed back there and did you like it better than being on the sides?

Thanks in advance!

Deck 7 and up starts with the balconies with the glass. Now mind you, on Explorer, Adventure, and Voyager, it's only partial glass balconies, still with some steel on the bottom. On Mariner and Navigator, it's total glass balconies. But the glass on all of them begin on deck 7 and above. :)

The balconies are completely different on Navigator and Mariner. The balconies are all glass, not the cavernous steel like on Voyager, Adventure and Explorer. If you look at external pictures of the ships, you will see an obvious difference in the construction of the balconies.

Deck 7 and up starts with the balconies with the glass. Now mind you, on Explorer, Adventure, and Voyager, it's only partial glass balconies, still with some steel on the bottom. On Mariner and Navigator, it's total glass balconies. But the glass on all of them begin on deck 7 and above. :)

This is only partially accurate. On Mariner and Navigator, all the balconies are glass, even on Deck 6!!!

To the OP: We did not care of our balcony on the stern, despite it having a huge balcony. On the Voyager class ships, there are a lot of beams criss-crossing the view, and to us, it was like overlooking a construction zone. It was also very hot back there because there was no crossbreeze.

Also I believe the balconies on the Adventure, Explorer & Voyager are located inside the structural portion of the ship, while the Mariner & Navigator balconies are cantilevered beyond the structural portion. This allows the cabins in the Mariner & Navigator to be a little larger.

That IS a good website. Thanks for all the replies!

We are trying to decide between one of these three cruises. (Neither of us have been to the Mediterranean before)

Can anyone give any feedback good or bad on any of these three?

Rome

Genoa

Nice

Barcelona

Palma De Mallorca

Sardinia

Rome

or

Rome

Sicily

Athens

Ephesus

Crete

Rome

or

Barcelona

Naples

Rome

Florence/Pisa

Nice

Marseilles

Barcelona

This is only partially accurate. On Mariner and Navigator, all the balconies are glass, even on Deck 6!!!

My bad! :D Thanks for the info. :)

Here are pictures of the different Voyager class balconies, from one of the best websites ever. :)

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/cabins/balconies/E/gallery/_gallery.html

Ah, there it is...I couldn't remember the name of the website to save my life. Love that site!

Rome

Sicily

Athens

Ephesus

Crete

Rome

I took this route last year and found it to be EXCELLENT. Each stop was like going further and further back in time. Plus, this allows you to spend time pre or post cruise in Rome, which I highly recommend spending several days.

Archived