Booking future cruise while on-board

On our last cruise, I think they were offering a 5% discount for being on board, plus the 5% seven seas discount you already get. Although if we had booked the cruise we were looking at in December (Baltics in July), we would have been upset now, as now the base fare is 2 for 1 plus air and excursions, whereas in December the base fare was 25% off brochure with air, excursions extra.

The onboard booking discount used to be 5% but now Regent has a fixed amount schedule, depending on the stateroom category, for many but, I believe, not all cruises. For example, on my Alaska cruise in September, the onboard booking discounts range from $150pp to $625pp, or between 4.5% and 5%.

If you can't decide which cruise to book to get the discount, you can make a dummy booking to get the discount. What you normally do is book a lower category cabin on a cruise as far in the future as possible and pay the deposit on that cruise. Then at any time before final payment is due, you are allowed to transfer your onboard discount to another cruise. You may only transfer the discount once. Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave is correct. Used to be a straight 5%. No longer :( It varies with the cruise, set amount for each category of stateroom. You also need to keep up with discounts that occur between now and the cruise itself, as in this economy, all businesses are trying to lure new customers with better and better "deals", so to speak.

jina, not sure what your point is. There should be no reason to be upset because the price went down. Every time Regent has subsequently reduced a cruise that we had booked, our TA has gotten us a fare adjustment. Our upcoming Baltics cruise has been reduced at least twice for a total reduction of $2200 per person!

Dreps raises an interesting point. With a travel agent booking (often with an approximate 4-5% discount and possible other perks such as on board credits), subsequent fare drops can be dealt with by the TA. How would that work with a direct booking with Regent?

Dreps raises an interesting point. With a travel agent booking (often with an approximate 4-5% discount and possible other perks such as on board credits), subsequent fare drops can be dealt with by the TA. How would that work with a direct booking with Regent?

Recently I booked a cruise directly with Regent. When a reduced fare was advertised, they reduced my invoice considerably. I was very satisfied.

Of course, things are different in the UK, both as far as TA's are concerned and booking through the Regent UK office.

I assume the question about which Baltics cruise was addressed to me. We are on the "standard" 7-day Baltics cruise; you are on a 13-day cruise. Ours departs Copenhagen, August 21st. I assume whether or not you received a "reduction" depends on when you originally booked it. I originally booked ours in December 2007! Just check the Regent Web site and see that your base fare corresponds to the "2-for-1" fare currently shown. Then, it's a matter of whether your TA provides further incentives.

Archived