RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

"lorif", since you had Maurizio for your driver - did he speak English well? He's suppose to be our driver/guide for Siena/S.Gimignano next month. I haven't been able to find out much about him on the message boards, so I'm glad you can address my question. Thanks.

"lorif", since you had Maurizio for your driver - did he speak English well? He's suppose to be our driver/guide for Siena/S.Gimignano next month. I haven't been able to find out much about him on the message boards, so I'm glad you can address my question. Thanks.

Did you get the information of who the driver is, or do you have to ask that?

Hand down Romeinlimo is the best for Naples. You can look on here and find review after review of the area. You can't just say Romeinlimo is great for one thing, but not Naples. I disagree. It's all personal. We had the most fantastic tour EVER in Naples with a local and still employed through Romeinlimo. It was easily the most fun tour we've ever had in all of Europe. Raffaello ROCKS!!!

I don't know how anyone really knows who their driver is before they even go on the tour. I have tried several times to request a driver and all they can do is say they'll do what they can. If someone has promised you a certain driver, you may want to make sure that you are dealing with "Romeinlimo" because I've never been able to nail down a certain driver. I keep trying though. hahaha... Next time I am just going to take Raffaelo home with me :D

The info@rominlimo.com is a good email address. And Jany is the bomb!!! Some day we must meet. The woman is a superstar to be sure!

I will be on a RCCL cruise in May and we'll be in the Civitevecchia (I probably killed the spelling there) port for about 12 hours.

I am looking for a Rome tour and I've been reading the comments here about the Romeinlimo tours. It sounds like everyone is very happy with them.

We will be four middle aged women and want to get it all in that one day.

I want to make sure we hit all the high spots.:) Does this company customize the tour according to where you want to go or is it a set itinerary? What languages do they offer?

Also, do they pick up at the port and take you back on time? Guaranteed?

I had been looking into the all day tour offered by the ship and another company (Viator) but haven't seen it mentioned here.

I appreciate all comments, please! Thanks.

I will be on a RCCL cruise in May and we'll be in the Civitevecchia (I probably killed the spelling there) port for about 12 hours.

I am looking for a Rome tour and I've been reading the comments here about the Romeinlimo tours. It sounds like everyone is very happy with them.

We will be four middle aged women and want to get it all in that one day.

I want to make sure we hit all the high spots.:) Does this company customize the tour according to where you want to go or is it a set itinerary? What languages do they offer?

Also, do they pick up at the port and take you back on time? Guaranteed?

I had been looking into the all day tour offered by the ship and another company (Viator) but haven't seen it mentioned here.

I appreciate all comments, please! Thanks.

UPDATE: I was just looking through their website and have written to the contact address for additional information. It seems they will mix & match and customize and do whatever the customer wants. Let's see what responses I get.

I want to thank you all for your comments. They are most, most helpful. If you can think of anything, please write!!!! :D

UPDATE: I was just looking through their website and have written to the contact address for additional information. It seems they will mix & match and customize and do whatever the customer wants. Let's see what responses I get.

I want to thank you all for your comments. They are most, most helpful. If you can think of anything, please write!!!! :D

Ok So I keep talking to myself. :rolleyes:

Jany responded and said we'd get to see it all. I should get the tickets for the Vatican for 2pm but we would get in earlier. I'm wondering:

If they ship doesn't dock till 7 AM and Rome is almost 2 hrs away....it will be almost 9 AM. Three hours or so to see Colisseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Ruins (by the Spanish Steps), St. Angelo's Castle maybe....Lunch around 12:30 - 1 pm and on quickly to the Vatican. Will have to leave Rome by around 4:30 latest I imagine. So.....is 2.5 hours enough to see the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica???????

I don't think so... I also wanted to go to the top of the Basilica's dome. Not possible huh?

Jany responded and said we'd get to see it all. I should get the tickets for the Vatican for 2pm but we would get in earlier. I'm wondering:

If they ship doesn't dock till 7 AM and Rome is almost 2 hrs away....it will be almost 9 AM. Three hours or so to see Colisseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Ruins (by the Spanish Steps), St. Angelo's Castle maybe....Lunch around 12:30 - 1 pm and on quickly to the Vatican. Will have to leave Rome by around 4:30 latest I imagine. So.....is 2.5 hours enough to see the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica???????

I don't think so... I also wanted to go to the top of the Basilica's dome. Not possible huh?

Math is a little off. Rome is a little over 1 hour away. Docking at 7 am doesn't mean getting off at 7. I would have R-i-L pick you up at 8 am, 7:30 at the earliest.

Yes, 2.5 hours is good. Generally they schedule the guides for 2 hours. It will be a little less crowded in the afternoon, that is why R-i-L encourages the afternoon tours. Don't know about the Dome, tho, we didn't do that.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We used Romeinlimo;ast May and after seeing everything you list in the first half of the day we had about 2.5 hours for the Vatican. We did not make it to the dome but we did get to see all of the Vatican musuem, Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.

Rome in Limo offers 3 tours that include Pompeii. Which tour would you choose for a first visit with 13 family members--ages 11 to active 70's?

Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano

Caserta and Pompeii

or

Sorrento, Pompeii and Island Capri

Thanks!

Remember that Rome in Limo will do the tours listed or you can modify them to see what you want. Jany is great to personalize a tour and will let you know if it is realistic. So you're not just limited to the set tours on their site.

We did Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano in November with Rafaello. Had a FABULOUS time! Sorrento is a great city, wonderful shopping & so quaint. Positano was breathtaking and our guide (name escapes me) was so good in Pompeii, just a well rounded educational & fun day!!! Highly recommend it for a first time visit!

We did Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano in November with Rafaello. Had a FABULOUS time! Sorrento is a great city, wonderful shopping & so quaint. Positano was breathtaking and our guide (name escapes me) was so good in Pompeii, just a well rounded educational & fun day!!! Highly recommend it for a first time visit!

I agree with this one. We had Carmine for the day and he was great as was our guide at Pompeii. Lunch was amazing at Trattoria La Tagliata and views were to die for.

We used Romeinlimo;ast May and after seeing everything you list in the first half of the day we had about 2.5 hours for the Vatican. We did not make it to the dome but we did get to see all of the Vatican musuem, Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.

Awesome. Thank you. I had asked Jany the same thing and she did say that I would not be able to climb the dome as that takes about 1 hr and we would have to wait in line too but, I'll get to see it. :)

Edited by vpcats

Math is a little off. Rome is a little over 1 hour away. Docking at 7 am doesn't mean getting off at 7. I would have R-i-L pick you up at 8 am, 7:30 at the earliest.

Yes, 2.5 hours is good. Generally they schedule the guides for 2 hours. It will be a little less crowded in the afternoon, that is why R-i-L encourages the afternoon tours. Don't know about the Dome, tho, we didn't do that.

LOLLL, you're absolutely right.

Do you mean the Vatican guides, or the private guide that RIL can arrange for you? Do you think it is critical to have a guide at all? I'm battling between a Vatican guided tour or a RIL private guide arranged tour, or no guide at all and just getting headphones or something. :confused:

Rome in Limo offers 3 tours that include Pompeii. Which tour would you choose for a first visit with 13 family members--ages 11 to active 70's?

Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano

Caserta and Pompeii

or

Sorrento, Pompeii and Island Capri

Thanks!

I can't speak from experience yet, but our roll call group have decided on Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. We hear the Amafali coastline is just beautiful....plus getting to see Pompeii and Sorrento and Positano.

Originally the group was going to do the Sorrento, Pompeii and Island of Capri, but after thinking about it, it would have been really tight to see Capri. I believe the RIL guide was going to drop off at 2:00pm in Sorrento to catch the boat to Capri...which depending on the time the boat schedules for Capri are, it would take about 20-30 min. to get there, from Sorrento, then you would have to leave Capri, giving yourself about an hour for that boat ride from Capri to the Naples port, in order to get back to Naples to your ship on time. I'm sure it can be done, but it would be tight and I don't think it gives you much time in Capri, itself.

Of course it all depends on when your ship leaves too. If you have a later then 7:00pm departure, then you would probably be OK.

I mean the guide R-i-L provides (for a fee). We had Sarah- she is awesome! You will find her mentioned frequently. She was with us for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Personally, I think a guide is very important. There is so much info to be had.

cruisemomtofour:

I don't know when you are going to be in Pompeii, but if it is late fall, the waters are rough getting to Capri. It might be more enjoyable at another time. We are going to be there in November and will have to wait and see Capri on another trip.I don't want to chance the rough waters.

cruisemomtofour:

I don't know when you are going to be in Pompeii, but if it is late fall, the waters are rough getting to Capri. It might be more enjoyable at another time. We are going to be there in November and will have to wait and see Capri on another trip.I don't want to chance the rough waters.

I think you can play this by ear - I've been there in late October and had placid water, and I've been there in February and found the same. It all depends on the day.

LOLLL, you're absolutely right.

Do you mean the Vatican guides, or the private guide that RIL can arrange for you? Do you think it is critical to have a guide at all? I'm battling between a Vatican guided tour or a RIL private guide arranged tour, or no guide at all and just getting headp,hones or something. :confused:

In the ports we visited the only place we used a guide was in the vatican and we used on from RIL, Ask for Sarah, she is great. She is an art student and it shows in her love of art, She is very knowledgable, no heavy accents and projects which is important for me as I don't have the best hearing anymore and it is noisy in there. She did a great job of keeping us on track so we hads equal opportunity in the vatican museum, sistine chapel and St. Peter's Bacilica. If we had done it on our own, I know we would have missed some areas as we had no idea how big it was. If you get a guide tell Janey to give you Sarah (not Sara). :D

Bill

I agree that a guide is the way to go with the Vatican....there are so many things to see there and having a guide will help make the best use of your time. I also recommmend Rome In Limo for your tour...their drivers are both pofessional and personable. Vehicles are in excellent condition and they just make it easier all around. We are going to be using them again for our upcoming cruise in October. We have used others in Italy, and while they were all good, we really thought Rome In Limo was outstanding.

Liz

Thank you. I am going to reserve RIL for Rome & Livorno and will get their private Vatican guide. I'll ask for SaraH. :) It's a lot more expensive but I also think it's worth it. Who knows when I'll get back there so I have to maximize every minute of this trip. Thanks!!! :D

Thank you. I am going to reserve RIL for Rome & Livorno and will get their private Vatican guide. I'll ask for SaraH. :) It's a lot more expensive but I also think it's worth it. Who knows when I'll get back there so I have to maximize every minute of this trip. Thanks!!! :D

Kind of the way we thought it, we don't know when we will be back there. After you go in May, can you come back here and let us know how it went?

thanks

Bill

8 of us from our roll call are booked with RIL in Naples ...how does RIL handle the ticket purchases in Pompei if we have a tour guide that is set up by RIL? I thought I read that RIL driver takes you directly to the tour guide. Does the tour guide take us to the ticket booth so we can purchase our own tickets or does the tour guide purchase our tickets, after we give her/him the cash.

Just wondering because I want to know if we have exact change for the entrance fee, if the tour guide gets it? (I know there is an additional fee for the guide which is paid separately.)

8 of us from our roll call are booked with RIL in Naples ...how does RIL handle the ticket purchases in Pompei if we have a tour guide that is set up by RIL? I thought I read that RIL driver takes you directly to the tour guide. Does the tour guide take us to the ticket booth so we can purchase our own tickets or does the tour guide purchase our tickets, after we give her/him the cash.

Just wondering because I want to know if we have exact change for the entrance fee, if the tour guide gets it? (I know there is an additional fee for the guide which is paid separately.)

Our driver introduced us to our guide, she asked for the money for the entrance fees and while we ran to the bathroom she took the money I gave her and bought our tickets. By the time we were done going, she was back and took us into Pompeii.