RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We used RomeinLimo for a day trip to Pompeii and Sorrento from Rome. This was a wonderful company to work with. Salvatore was our driver and Patrizia was our guide at Pompeii. Our guide was excellent, she was very knowledgeable, interesting and humorous. Salvatore recommended a local restaurant on the waterfront that was wonderful. We would diffidently use them again on our next trip to Italy.

We're doing a transport to the port with the detour by Odescalchi Castle also!!!

What sailing are you on???

We are on Silhouette's Sept 15 sailing!! I read about the castle here and after communicating with Jany decided it would be great fun and a better way to spend the day than just getting to the ship early and eating....which we will do more than enough of for the following 12 nights on board!!! :D

We are on Silhouette's Sept 15 sailing!! I read about the castle here and after communicating with Jany decided it would be great fun and a better way to spend the day than just getting to the ship early and eating....which we will do more than enough of for the following 12 nights on board!!! :D

My thoughts exactly. I didn't see any reason hurrying to get on the ship only to crowd in at the Windjammer and wander around waiting for the rooms to get ready. The Castle seemed like the perfect way to extend our land trip as long as possible.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't see any reason hurrying to get on the ship only to crowd in at the Windjammer and wander around waiting for the rooms to get ready. The Castle seemed like the perfect way to extend our land trip as long as possible.

Yes! And now that I think about it, YOU were the one that gave me the idea. You mentioned several pages back doing this and after I checked it out thought it was a great idea! So thanks again!

Yes! And now that I think about it, YOU were the one that gave me the idea. You mentioned several pages back doing this and after I checked it out thought it was a great idea! So thanks again!

No Problem! We will be there in July so I will be sure to post how it was. From the photos the Castle really looks beautiful. My MIL is especially excited since she wanted to see a castle.

But make sure you email them and reserve tickets for the time you want. They are limited on their english tours. You don't pay upfront, just reserve.

No Problem! We will be there in July so I will be sure to post how it was. From the photos the Castle really looks beautiful. My MIL is especially excited since she wanted to see a castle.

But make sure you email them and reserve tickets for the time you want. They are limited on their english tours. You don't pay upfront, just reserve.

Oh, thanks for telling me about reserving tickets up front, I didn't know that. Yes, I would really like to hear what you think of it when you get back. Have fun!!:)

Can highly recommend RomeInLimo. We had the most memorable, wonderful day with our driver Nicola. He took us to Tivoli where we visited Villa d' Este which was magnificent, then we went to Castel Gandolfo for lunch and later to Frascati. Nicola kept us amused all day with his, his bright personality and friendly nature.

We also had RomeInLimo pick us up from the airport and later drive us to the port of Civitavecchio. All drivers were very professional and courteous.

We didn't go to the Vatican, so can't help with that.:)

During our 15-night April 29, 2011 Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Jade we used Rome in Limo (RIL) for our Civitavecchia and Livorno port calls. This was my second time using Rome in Limo and the first for the other six people in my group. We started with tours of Florence, Pisa and the Tuscan wine region with our guide Vinnie. Vinnie was fantastic, extremely knowlegdeable and downright entertaining. There was nothing we asked to do that Vinnie didn't make happen. He even made arrangements on the way back to the port for us to have an unplanned stop at a organic winery, Fattoria San Michele a Torri. The winery was one of the high points of our trip and the owner of the winery made us feel so welcome. She prepared a spread including bread, honey, cheeses, meats, olives, grappa and wine all grown and produced organically onsite. It was all absolutely heavenly! Although, the major museums in Florence were closed on the day of our visit we had a wonderful time, the best Italian lunch I've ever had in my life, and left the region with the overwhelming desire to return again and put our trust in RIL.

Our guide for our Civitavecchia stop was Franco. Of course, Franco had big shoes to fill after our experience with Vinnie. He wasn't able to top Vinnie but he did put in a good effort. He was friendly and very compliant with all our wishes. The focus of this port stop was our time in Rome and a visit to the Vatican. We followed RIL's recommendation and paid for a Vatican guide. Sara was our guide for the Vatican and she was fabulous. Sara more than exceeded our expectations. She made the history and the art of the Vatican come alive for us as only a person who has studied the history could. She was enlightening, challenged our understanding, and was more than worth every euro we paid for her time.

As I did on my previous interaction with RIL, I highly recommend making your tour arrangements in Italy with Rome in Limo they are superior.

Just a quick note about our RIL tours last week..... Full days of Pisa/Florence with Valentina as our guide and Rome with Giulia. We had 13 people for the first group and 15 on the second. Both guides were great. Perfect English. Giulia had a real italian way about her though and I kept picturing her doing a "Spaghetti witha meatballas" commercial. She is so cute.

They are very patient, even after two in the group (my former friends now), kept getting sidetracked with the souvenir stands and delayed our group on both days (so we had to rush around a bit more to make up the time).

Our group did a good amount of walking and we covered a lot of territory. We saw everything we had planned to see. Lunch was on our own and quick, so you could eat, shop, or do whatever you wanted.

There is so much to see and you cannot do it all in such a short time but it does wet your appetite and I will do it again, hopefully.

I do really recommend this company, highly! They were on time for our very early pick ups and we got back to the ship with no problems. The guides and drivers were excellent, even though traffic is a nightmare in these places and there were huge crowds everywhere. We didn't lose anybody. :D

All,

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day Mediterranean cruise and used Rome in a limo tour service to escape the expensive large group tour packages offered by Royal Carribbean.

RIL's service was top quality for both Pisa/Florence and Rome. We used the Roll Call board to organize a small group of cruisers and RIL was happy to facilitate credit card holds to insure people paid and showed up - resulting in a known per person cost for all and the confidence for thr person booking th tour on everyone's behalf.

Both Valentina (Pisa - Florence) and Guilia (Rome) were excellent and very informative tour guides. We really felt we saw everything in a nice relaxed pace with a good mix of free time and particular areas of interest.

We will definitely use them again if we go else where in Italy.

We used RIL for three tours in Italy. We had Clara in Pisa/Florence, Rolando in Rome with Paola as our Vatican guide and Tony for the Amalfi Coast (Naples). All had different styles but were very accomodating and knowledgable. I would highly recommend RIL for any tours planned in Italy.

For the second year in row, I have booked with RomeInLimo. Last year, I booked two separate outings with them. We were 10 last year and had the most wonderful guide and drivers. We spent 10 hours in Rome and the Vatican and were blown away.

This year, we just returned from Italy again, where we had a group of 16 of us. Since most of the same people were again on this cruise, half wanted go back to Rome on the tour, and the others wanted the Tuscan country side. Three vans were there waiting for us as we got off the ship. One to take them to Rome and the other two for our country side experience. My friends said their first Roman experience was made so perfect by their highly qualified driver and guide.

We had a great time doing the Estrucan part and lunch in farmhouse.

In Naples, I again hired RomeInLimo to take us on the Amalfi Coast Ride visiting Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. Our drivers were fantastic, and even had Italian music in the cd player so we could sing along all the way back to the ship.

It was just a perfect day.

Yvette Cressend

We used RIL last week for transfers; FCO to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier to FCO. All three drivers were courteous and professional. Maurizio's commentary as we drove to the pier was both informative and entertaining. Riding with him was a pleasure. Jany responded to all my emails quickly, even when I emailed him from the ship looking to change my pick-up time! I love a company I can count on and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Just back from using RomeinLimo in 3 ports -- we did the wine tour in Bolgheri, then Rome then positano, sorrento and pompeii. You should definitely use RIL for the amalfi coast -- we had Nicco and her knew everything and we were able to see so much in a short period of time. It was beautiful. In fact RIL made our trip amazing and special. Each guide as great -- knowledgeable, friendly, prompt etc. Could not have asked for a better vacation!!!!

I can describe this company in one word -- fantastic!!!! We used the company for all 3 ports on our med. cruise -- We had David for our bolgheri wine tour; Marco for Rome and Nicco for Sorrento, Positiano and Pompeii. Each guide was great!!! Very personable, knowledgeable and friendly. They all spoke English quite well too. There were 6 of us -- 2 in their 70's and the rest in their 40's and they accommodated all of our needs. We were able to experience so much of the region in such a short time. I have nothing bad to say at all about our trip and would highly recommend them to friends and family. Jany in the office is also great -- responsive to all my questions etc.

We used cash - had no problem carrying the cash around, we would just take what we thought we needed for the day and left the rest in the safe.

Same with me. I used RIL for transfers from airport to the hotel in Rome, 2 tours then transfer to the ship, then 3 more tours and a transfer to the airport. Each day's payment was put into an envelope and went into the safe. The day of the tour I just pulled out the correct envelope - with the tip already in the envelope. It was much easier to plan and all I had to do each morning was grab my stuff for the day and one envelope. A no brainer for me.

Same with me. I used RIL for transfers from airport to the hotel in Rome, 2 tours then transfer to the ship, then 3 more tours and a transfer to the airport. Each day's payment was put into an envelope and went into the safe. The day of the tour I just pulled out the correct envelope - with the tip already in the envelope. It was much easier to plan and all I had to do each morning was grab my stuff for the day and one envelope. A no brainer for me.

Great idea I will do that as well, hope I don't forget to take the envelope

We used RIL for our recent Equinox Eastern Med trip-FCO to hotel, hotel to port several days later, in Naples to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii, and lastly from port to FCO for home. All was excellent (Nick several times, Rafaelle in Naples) and Jany was always quick with replies and the changes needed by email over several months of planning and organizing 3 groups of 6 or 8 for trips with RIL.

We thank them for making so much of the transportation on this trip easy. As a somewhat nervous passenger with unknown drivers, I especially appreciated the excellent driving skills of our guys on the always exciting roadways of Italy! Their language skills and local knowledge certainly added to the experience.

Congratluations are in order as I note that Rome in Limo has won a Certificate of Excellence Award for 2011 from Trip Advisor.

After 7 tours with them, I'd say it's well deserved recognition for a great team, from Duman to Jany and to all the wonderful driver guides.

I'll be heading back that way in 2012 and Italy & Sicily are on the itinerary. As a solo cruiser. I book what's of interest to me and often find a few from my Roll Call or dining table to join. It is quite comforting to know that their product is

consistently top knotch & planning a tour is so easy. I'm always confident not only to ask others to join a tour but also know I will be well taken care of if I'm alone.

Martha