Pinnacle Grill Help!

lovebug33

Okay, Mom can't keep a surprise and let it slip that she was planning on giving us money to go to the Pinnacle Grill for our Anniversary. We are on the Alaska southbound Veendam trip. Does anybody know when formal nights are? Our anniversary is on Ketchikan Friday. That is a really late port, so I was hoping it wouldn't be the formal night. And, do you have to really dress up or would slacks and a nice top be okay? TIA!

And, do you have to really dress up or would slacks and a nice top be okay?

The dress code for the Pinnacle Grill follows that of the rest of the ship that evening. If it's a "smart casual" night many, if not most, people dress at the nicer end of that range. Men, for example, might wear a jacket. Women will wear a nice dress, or good slacks with a very nice top.

Veendam -- Alaska -- Southbound:

0 Seward (Anchorage) Alaska 08:00 PM 1 College Fjord Cruising CO 06:00 AM 09:00 AM 2 Glacier Bay Scenic Cruising CO 10:00 AM 07:00 PM 3 Haines, Alaska 06:30 AM 09:00 PM 4 Juneau, Alaska 08:00 AM 06:00 PM 5 Ketchikan, Alaska 02:00 PM 08:00 PM 6 At Sea 7 Vancouver, British Columbia 07:00 AM

Formal nights should be: first night you are cruising in the College Fjord and the evening of Juneau.

If you are using a gift card, you may not be able to book until you arrive at the ship. Only those who are charging to a credit card can book in advance.

Hope you enjoy Pinnacle as much as we do. We always enjoy it.

Have a great Anniversary cruise. :)

Mom's just giving us the money. When she went on her Panama Canal cruise, we booked res. in advance for her and dad for their anniversary. She told me there was no way she could handle all of that technology :). I am actually very much looking forward to it. I've always wanted to try one of those places, but like I said, I am cheap!

If you are using a gift card, you may not be able to book until you arrive at the ship. Only those who are charging to a credit card can book in advance.

Hope you enjoy Pinnacle as much as we do. We always enjoy it.

Have a great Anniversary cruise. :)

How/where do I make advance reservations? How early before a cruise may I make reservations?

How/where do I make advance reservations? How early before a cruise may I make reservations?

Go to the HAL website, go to "for booked guests", then "onboard gifts" (the blue tab, not the printable gift list). You will have to have your booking # handy. Select the guests that you want to make reservations for, pick your time. Print out your confirmation and bring it with you on the cruise. It is advisable to also call and confirm once on board ship.

Lovebug:

I'm on the same cruise as you (Veendam, SB-depart 6/7) and called HAL for something else ... while I was on the phone with them I asked when the formal nights were. They said the first one would be "definitely" the second night of the cruise (6/8), and the second formal night would be at the discretion of the captain.

By the way - we'll be in the Pinnacle for our anniversary on Sat night (6/13) - when's yours?

See you in Alaska.

Lovebug:

I'm on the same cruise as you (Veendam, SB-depart 6/7) and called HAL for something else ... while I was on the phone with them I asked when the formal nights were. They said the first one would be "definitely" the second night of the cruise (6/8), and the second formal night would be at the discretion of the captain.

By the way - we'll be in the Pinnacle for our anniversary on Sat night (6/13) - when's yours?

See you in Alaska.

It looks like this is going to be a popular anniversary sailing- our 20th is on the day we sail. :) We will probably decide at the time whether we want to do the PG that night or save it for later, if we are too pooped from travel and hiking earlier that day.

We usually call about 2 months in advance -- have Ship Services send us an e-mail conformation for the time and date -- take that with us on the cruise as well as a copy of our credit card bill indicating that we bought this.

Ship Services: 1-800-541-1576

Mom's just giving us the money. When she went on her Panama Canal cruise, we booked res. in advance for her and dad for their anniversary. She told me there was no way she could handle all of that technology :). I am actually very much looking forward to it. I've always wanted to try one of those places, but like I said, I am cheap!

I'm one of those cheap people too. I said I would never pay to eat anywhere on a ship. My TA gave me a free pass and I loved it. I think I went 4 times after that on my 26 day cruise. I hope to go again on my next cruise. It's really great!

Archived