Problems with new Oceania Web Site

boerneDQ

Deleting your cookies will often work to repair problems with a website. The problem is, there are some cookies that are desirable to keep. Examples are cookies that retain login information that is convenient, like bank sites, other forums, etc. For example, if you delete cookies for many forums, the forum will no longer be able to remember which threads you have already visited. That's not a disaster, but it is inconvenient.

The answer is to selectively delete cookies. I don't use Internet Explorer, but I understand they have a way to make an exception of certain cookies when you want to delete others. Someone else may want to make a detailed description of that process.

I do use FireFox, and one way I know to delete only certain cookies is to click on "Tools" and then "Options" then click on the "Privacy" tab. About 2/3 of the way down that window is an option to "Show Cookies". When you click on that, it displays an alphabetical list of cookies. Scroll down to the "O's" and you should find one or more starting with "Oceania". I found two, one for Oceania.com, and the other something to do with Oceania booking. Delete those, and you accomplish the same purpose without deleting all the rest of your (possibly convenient) cookies.

To paraphrase Bruin-Steve, if you have the time or are obsessive, you can go through the list and delete all the cookies that may be slowing down your computer or have no further relevance. For example, all the ones that start with "ad" or "banner" probably won't hurt a thing if the "go away".

Just went on to the O web site. This was the first time I was able to get my imfo.Went on to ALREADY BOOKED and went to managa my cruise.Found all the excursions I pre booked this week on there and our transfer from the ship to the airport.Our stateroom and cabin # was also there.IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

Don makes a very good point about losing passwords, etc when deleting things indiscriminately.

In the IE 8 you can select Tools- Internet options -General tab. Then choose delete (under browsing history) - you will get a list of things you can delete selectively; check only temporary internet files and cookies (do not check passwords, etc).

Hope this helps.

Don makes a very good point about losing passwords, etc when deleting things indiscriminately.

In the IE 8 you can select Tools- Internet options -General tab. Then choose delete (under browsing history) - you will get a list of things you can delete selectively; check only temporary internet files and cookies (do not check passwords, etc).

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks for spelling it all out - that's exactly what I did - I was careful to select only what I wanted deleted - not all passwords, etc.

HI BOERNE DQ - I have been having a problem with this thread or posting, whatever (I'm new to this with Oceania Cruises). I'm going on the Nautica on 1/07/2010 Sydney to Auklund, and have been having lots of problems getting any information on the Oceania Board. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong on there is a problem going on. Let me know if you hear anything or have some up to date info for me. There was some info a few weeks ago and I can't even find that. Thanks for any updates you may be able to send me. Regards Diana:(

I suspect you're trying to find the Nautical Roll Call on which you posted on May 20. Click here to get back to it. You can also ask questions about Oceania in general on this forum. You can add either to your favorites or bookmarks to keep track of them.

HI BOERNE DQ - I have been having a problem with this thread or posting, whatever (I'm new to this with Oceania Cruises). I'm going on the Nautica on 1/07/2010 Sydney to Auklund, and have been having lots of problems getting any information on the Oceania Board.

Welcome to Cruise Critic & Oceania

If you click on "user CP" at the top left it will bring up any forums that you have posted in with new messages since your last visit

You can also go to the "forum tools" top right and subscribe to a thread that interests you & it will also show up when you click on USER CP

If all else fails click on your I.D. find all posts ;)

Lyn

Archived