Concierge Class...

mongoose327

Do CC cabins have the footstool on the deck to go with the deck chairs? Also, I thought I saw somewhere that CC cabins also have binoculars. Did anyone experience this?

There wasn't a footstool and the binoculars are a cheap mini pair that we just put aside and used our own.

Do CC cabins have the footstool on the deck to go with the deck chairs? Also, I thought I saw somewhere that CC cabins also have binoculars. Did anyone experience this?

On the new Solstice version ships they have foot stools in CC and AC.

I am guessing that no-one would upgrade for this reason?

:confused:

Actually, I believe the concierge class cabins have a better showerhead than regular veranda cabins, at least that's what Celebrity claims on its website. I've never been in a regular veranda cabin, but the showerheads in concierge class are hand held and are excellent. My daughter wanted to take hers home with her. So, there might be people who would upgrade for a better showerhead. People are all different and value different things. That's why it's so great we have a choice.

The showerheads are Hans Grohe showerheads, and I believe they are an upgrade compared to regular rooms. But, when we were on Millennium 18 months ago, the showerheads were so old that you really didn't notice anything special. But, makes me wonder how much worse off the regular room showerheads were...

If you do not care for the canapes, you may request cheese and crackers, veggies and dip or even shrimp cocktail if you like. We had all of the above each day.

The breakfast menu is expanded for CC guests, however, if there is an item not on the menu that you would like such as eggs benedict,chocolate milk or corned beef hash, you may write it on the menu and they will take care of you.

My last suggestion is that you may consider giving your cabin attendant a tip of $20 at the initial introduction; it goes a long way....believe me.

We not only received our bottle of champagne the first evening (included with CC class), we received a bottle every night. Well worth our $20 investment! The service was excellent.:)

We are sailing CC class on century in November, and are intrigued by a number of postings criticising the canapes, it would be interesting to hear the reason why quite a few posters describe them as "dreadful."

We are sailing on the Infinity in January to SA and had the opportunity to book the Family Cabin Verandah. We have always taken CC class and this was $100 more. How was the experience in this cabin vs CC class?

I just booked cabin 9043 on Constellation because all of the aft cabins were taken. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one similar? I was wondering about the size of the balcony. Any help on this cabin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

We are sailing on the Infinity in January to SA and had the opportunity to book the Family Cabin Verandah. We have always taken CC class and this was $100 more. How was the experience in this cabin vs CC class?

Take the Family Veranda -- much bigger. Two rooms rather than one. If it is the corner one, you have a huge, huge balcony.

We have booked a trip for our family of 6. My husband and I are in CC our adult children are sharing inside cabins. (We're paying but we're not THAT nice.) If they want to sit on a balcony they can use ours.

Anyhow... our last trip with Celebrity using CC we had early embarcation. My question is.... does this apply to all of the family included in our reservation or only Dad and Mom?

It really doesn't matter to me but it would be useful to know for planning purposes.

We'll be boarding in Seattle on the Infinity in July.

Thanks for your help!

Bev

Can we arrange in advance to change out the canapes, or have to wait to first day? How does the priority tender work - can you give details (just show up, info given on daily basis, need to make arrangements, etc)? Thanks for everyone's postings...Lori

Can we arrange in advance to change out the canapes, or have to wait to first day? How does the priority tender work - can you give details (just show up, info given on daily basis, need to make arrangements, etc)? Thanks for everyone's postings...Lori

JUst tell the steward you don't want them....no big deal! If you want something else instead...ask him!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have pictures of the offending canapes that they can show us?:p

We're sailing CC in a few days. I will post some pix as soon as I can.

I am also in the camp that found the canapes pretty unpalatable. On the other hand, the plump juicy grapes that showed up in the fruit plate were beyond yummy, and after the first couple days of only eating the grapes, our steward just brought grapes after that, without our even saying anything!

Also, if you're hungry for a little savory bite at that time of day, there is always sushi in the buffet area, which to me beats just about anything on toast.

I have been interested in reading how often CC guests have had the flowers changed as there is a discrepancy between the CC benefits described on the Celebrity UK website compared to the US one

i.e. US.... Fresh-cut flowers

UK.... Fresh bouquet of flowers, brought to guests’ rooms daily

There is also a different description of the bubbly provided

i.e. US.... Welcome champagne

UK.... Chilled bottle of sparkling wine on arrival

We are just off the Millennium. We had a fresh rose in the bathroom on embarkation that was changed once about mid cruise. There's also a "display" of flowers on the vanity. It's a vase that looks like about 5 large testtubes hooked together, each holding a flower. We had a welcome bottle of champagne in an ice bucket, chilled on arrival.

After reading everyone's posts, I still can't decide if it's worth $360 for the cabin for 10 nights on the Constellation.

The 10 nights in a Cat 2B, which is just 1 step below a CC, is running just $2,300 so I don't know if there's enough value there. Percentage-wise, it's a pretty big jump in price.

• Canapes, good or bad, free food is not worth anything on a cruise, unless it's something different and special.
  • Flowers are nice, but of little real value.
  • In 20 cruises, we've never ordered room service, so expanded breakfast menu probably wouldn't mean much.
  • My wife doesn't drink, so the bottle of Champagne has a small value.

So can anyone convince me that other than a slightly larger cabin, and possibly a choice of pillows, that it's worth it?

Thanks.

After reading everyone's posts, I still can't decide if it's worth $360 for the cabin for 10 nights on the Constellation.

The 10 nights in a Cat 2B, which is just 1 step below a CC, is running just $2,300 so I don't know if there's enough value there. Percentage-wise, it's a pretty big jump in price.

• Canapes, good or bad, free food is not worth anything on a cruise, unless it's something different and special.
  • Flowers are nice, but of little real value.
  • In 20 cruises, we've never ordered room service, so expanded breakfast menu probably wouldn't mean much.
  • My wife doesn't drink, so the bottle of Champagne has a small value.

So can anyone convince me that other than a slightly larger cabin, and possibly a choice of pillows, that it's worth it?

Thanks.

We booked our first CC cabin a couple of years ago - Infinity out of Fort Lauderdale. We arrived at the pier to find that the computer has gone down intermittently and everything is backed up. At about 1:30 p.m. there were literally hundreds of people waiting in line. However, only one couple is in front of us in the Concierge Class line.

Computers go up, they process, we process and are on board in a flash. Tablemates claimed they waited for over two hours. We had painless early disembarkation also.

It's true though that the canapes aren't very good. We don't care. The other perks are OK, but for us it's a side issue. We hate standing in line and avoid it whenever possible. Since CC embarkations and disembarkations have are always been relatively painless, we always book a CC.

This year an aft cabin on Milennium!

Archived