recycling clothing among cc members

Although I've never asked for one of Marie's beautiful gowns, I've always admired her generosity.

If I got a gown and it didn't fit, I'd be disappointed only because I wouldn't get to wear the gown. I'd probably donate it to charity, take the tax deduction, and figure that I was breaking even financially.

Dear Marie,

I am so sad to think some one could treat you in this way, you have a very kind heart, so please don't let this person change you in any way. You and your husband have every right to be upset, I just can't believe this person would be so ungrateful for a dress you have given her for free.

Does she not realise the time you put in when you post all the photos and sizes and then reply to each person that has sent a request and the parcels you have to pack and post.

Marie you are loved and appreciated by all in CC.

P.S. Loved looking at your wedding photos, your hair looked beautiful, there is one photo I specially loved where you and your husband have beautiful smiles.

hugs to you.

Doreen

I was a bit upset last night when I received an email from one of the lady who received one of my gowns. She accused me of misrepresenting the gown; apparently she could not get into the gown. She also said, since she cannot wear my gown, therefore she should not have to pay for the postage. I told her to throw it in the trash :mad::(.

I show my husband the email. He was upset too. He wanted me to take my clothes to the Goodwill. I have to think about this

Marie,

Your kindness and generosity, go above and beyond ! The person who feels it necessary to be UNGRATEFUL should remember KARMA, as they say it can be a B-T-C-!!!!!

Although I've never asked for one of Marie's beautiful gowns, I've always admired her generosity.

If I got a gown and it didn't fit, I'd be disappointed only because I wouldn't get to wear the gown. I'd probably donate it to charity, take the tax deduction, and figure that I was breaking even financially.

I feel the same way. Marie's generosity speaks volumes!!!

Only in my dreams would I ever get to wear one of her beautiful gowns.

But I don't understand why someone would ask for some of the clothing that is being given...knowing that they could NEVER in a million years fit the gowns or dresses that she recycles :confused:

Let's all hope that this one individual will not discourage Marie from continuing to be the generous person that she is.

I was a bit upset last night when I received an email from one of the lady who received one of my gowns. She accused me of misrepresenting the gown; apparently she could not get into the gown. She also said, since she cannot wear my gown, therefore she should not have to pay for the postage. I told her to throw it in the trash :mad::(.

I show my husband the email. He was upset too. He wanted me to take my clothes to the Goodwill. I have to think about this

M

I'm with these others ladies. Marie you are such a kind and generous class act. To be treated in such a way is just appalling. I wouldn't be so classy about this, I'd be calling this person out so that everyone else knew NOT to deal with her. I know she's reading these posts however and I have to say to that person is "shame on you". Heck I love your gorgeous gowns, but I'm not dillusional about my size and knew that altho I've lost a lot of dress sizes I'm not yet down to your size, therefore passed on your dresses this round. People know what size they were. I am so sorry Marie that you found that one bad apple in the batch.

Marie, I'm sorry that someone treated you this way after your generosity. I am sure organizing all the emails and who everything should be sent to, not to mention the time to package it all up and send it, takes quite a while even beyond the generosity of giving people the clothing at no charge. I know you have my email--let me know how much the postage was and I will send it to you along with the postage for the dress you are giving me, once I get home and get my lovely dress from you! (I am still at my Iowa house trying to get it ready to sell, probably the middle of the month before I head home.) Barb

I am still amazed at how kind and thoughtful you ladies are! Although I am new to this thread and haven't yet had the pleasure of receiving one of Marie's goodies, I thought the same thing last night when I read her post. I would also love to help recover the shipping costs that she is out for this transaction.

Marie, please know that the person who did this is in a category of her own when it comes to this wonderful group of ladies here.

Marie,

I can't beleive a person would ever say something like that. I have truely "LOVED" all the items I have received off of this site.

NO one should ever feel that you misrepresented a gown. They are not worthy of them. You are doing such a wonderful thing by offering them to others for in this great way. I ONLY wish I was smaller so I could fit into them :)

Please do not let this persom get to you. I would hate not seeing your gown go to others in good faith.

Oh My Goodness! I am touched! Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I am feeling better. No worries ladies; I am not going to let one petty person to stop me from doing what I love; put a smile on someone face. The Goodwill is getting plenty of my husband's computer items. My husband is addicted to Fry’s. He bought three tablets since we got home :rolleyes:.

We have guests this week. I will post some items next week.

Take cares ladies and have a fantastic day.

Marie

I, like someone else said, would be calling out this person, (and I do know who it is), but I will take the lead from Marie and not identify them.

I'm having the hardest time wording this post without saying what I really want to say. My husband and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Marie and her husband in NYC. I know you regular ladies around here will not find it hard to believe that she, as well as her husband, are even nicer in person.:) Nice is not even the proper word because I am having a hard time thinking straight right now.

All I can, or will say, is this ingrate has added insult to injury to Marie. You know who you are and I hope you never have the gall to show up on this thread again.:mad:

Marie, I am beyond disgusted that anyone had this kind of audacity. You have been nothing but generous and sweet here, offering us goodies that many of us could never hope to wear. Please don't let one rotten individual make you feel bad. The rest of us are blessed to know you!

OMG Marie!!! How could anyone say something like that to such a wonderful and giving person? I am just so upset that they did this to you!

Does the women not have a decent bone in her body? WOW!!

Marie, just know that there are many, many, many of us here that admire you for everything that you have done for us. With having been a recipient of one of your gorgeous gowns I have been blessed. I am not as endowed as you so I had the dress altered since everything else fit perfectly and when my seamstress was done it was perfect. In fact it is my favorite dress and goes on all of my cruises!! I get so many compliments on the dress and everyone asks where I got it. I always tell them from this board and from Marie.

Thank you again Marie for all the happiness and joy that you have given us all. You are truly one of God's angels put on this earth.

Like one of the other gals said, I too feel like we are friends, even tho it is thru the internet, friends none the less.

Thank you again Marie,

Gerry

Hi Marie -

Add me to the list of ladies who will gladly reimburse this lady postage, as well as pay postage to be lucky enough to receive one of your spectacular gowns!

Along with others, we consider you our friend. You are so generous and kind hearted.

We LOVE you Marie!!

Cindy

Hi Marie,

I agree with indygolfer1, I think it is just awful that this woman could be so inconsiderate of your generosity. My guess is that she just doesn't want to pay you the postage so she is coming up with a lame and hurtful excuse!

I guess it takes all kinds!!!icon8.gif

Cathy

No, it was more like one of Cinderella's wicked stepsisters trying to fit into a shoe that there was no chance of getting into it to begin with.

No, it was more like one of Cinderella's wicked stepsisters trying to fit into a shoe that there was no chance of getting into it to begin with.

Good one!!! You are probably right!

HaHa! Love that! Funny that I just watched the original Cinderella on TV last weekend! Yes I did, I will admit it! :p

HaHa! Love that! Funny that I just watched the original Cinderella on TV last weekend! Yes I did, I will admit it! :p

Hey, nothing wrong with wholesome, fun entertainment. My favorite part is the little birds helping with the sewing.:)

Oh My Goodness! I am touched! Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I am feeling better. No worries ladies; I am not going to let one petty person to stop me from doing what I love; put a smile on someone face. The Goodwill is getting plenty of my husband's computer items. My husband is addicted to Fry’s. He bought three tablets since we got home :rolleyes:.

We have guests this week. I will post some items next week.

Take cares ladies and have a fantastic day.

Marie

I have to say I'm a lurker on this thread and I think Marie is just so generous and beautiful and such a lovely person all around. I was so upset when I read that she was so hurt by that woman. Now I'm glad that all is right again in your world of sharing and recycling clothing!

Maybe someday I'll join in the fun. I do wear a size 8.5 shoe ;) And I'm sure I have some dresses in my closet that I could recycle, size 14-18.

Hey, nothing wrong with wholesome, fun entertainment. My favorite part is the little birds helping with the sewing.:)

I know right! I am just preparing myself for when I get grandchildren! Hopefully one of these days (DS is 23) but as of yet I don't even have a girlfriend-in-law!

How pathetic for someone to do that to such a generous lady. Marie is kind enough to offer these beautiful gowns to others and I honestly cannot imagine someone being so ungrateful. .

I can't either. :mad: I think that Marie should post the name of this pathetic person - the next time they cruised, they would probably be met at the gangway by a lynch mob. :D

Marie goes to such a lot of trouble to package and ship her dresses. She does not have to do this - she simply loves to make people happy.

Also, how could she possibly have misrepresented the gown when she posted a professionally taken photo of herself wearing it?

I loved the Cinderella's ugly stepsister analogy. Good one, C. This size 12 person was disappointed when she did not transform into the lovely Marie when she slipped into her gown. It would have been funny to see her trying to zip up in a gown 2 sizes too small.

Oh Marie, I am so sorry you received such an ungrateful and nasty email. It's the generous ladies like you who motivated me to recycle my gowns and dresses. I feel blessed to know you, even if it's only in cyber space. :)

Fortunately, I have only had one bad experience with an "lady" I mailed a dress to a year or two ago. I didn't post about it, but she is on my banned list...never again will she get anything from me. The vast majority of ladies on the recycle board are wonderful and that is why I keep donating my gowns. :D

Lisa

I think the person should be identified too. Am I being mean...you betcha!!! But so is this woman who thought she could get away with what she is doing to Marie. Like the saying goes...every dog has their day...OR maybe if Marie doesn't want to post her name, perhaps she could e-mail the regular ladies who correspond with her and let us know that way. What do you think?

I'm apologizing in advance if you ladies think I am being mean :(

I think the person should be identified too. Am I being mean...you betcha!!! But so is this woman who thought she could get away with what she is doing to Marie. Like the saying goes...every dog has their day...OR maybe if Marie doesn't want to post her name, perhaps she could e-mail the regular ladies who correspond with her and let us know that way. What do you think?

I'm apologizing in advance if you ladies think I am being mean :(

I highly doubt Marie would take the time to email everyone to rat out the person. However, it's not really hard to figure out who it is just by going back through some posts.

When I saw her name show up after Marie posted what happened, I thought, oh, she's posting to apologize or say there was some type of mixup, she was very, very sorry etc. rather than feigning disdain for something "someone else" did.:rolleyes: