recycling clothing among cc members

Scrapnana- that red sparkly dress looks fantastic on you! Red and sparkly are of my favorite colors :D

Marie- your pictures are awesome! I wish I could take pictures like that. Alaska is on my bucket list.

I've been searching for a formal dress for our October cruise, with no luck so far. I've gained weight and just hate how I look right now. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the dress pictures. Seeing some plus sizes makes me see how gorgeous you all are & that there are some super cute formals in 20/22! I'm back on the hunt this week!

Hi. Don't know if it kosher to post websites here, but I have had really good luck with roamans.com and jessicalondon.com. Just be sure to use the size charts, because most outfits are already cut generously.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been searching for a formal dress for our October cruise, with no luck so far. I've gained weight and just hate how I look right now. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the dress pictures. Seeing some plus sizes makes me see how gorgeous you all are & that there are some super cute formals in 20/22! I'm back on the hunt this week!

Hi emamasa, I may have one or two dresses for you. I have been losing weight for the past 3 months. I have a ivory with gold glitter dress that is a size 20 that I wore on my first cruise in 2011 that is probably too big for me now. I also bought a semi-formal sundress this year before I lost weight. It is a 3x and was big in the chest area when I got it but fit everywhere else. I was going to take it up in the chest but it may be too big completely now. if you are interested I will try to get pics for you. In my signature photo is the ivory one and the sundress is a reddish pink multi-color.

If you are interested let me know.

Hi emamasa, I may have one or two dresses for you. I have been losing weight for the past 3 months. I have a ivory with gold glitter dress that is a size 20 that I wore on my first cruise in 2011 that is probably too big for me now. I also bought a semi-formal sundress this year before I lost weight. It is a 3x and was big in the chest area when I got it but fit everywhere else. I was going to take it up in the chest but it may be too big completely now. if you are interested I will try to get pics for you. In my signature photo is the ivory one and the sundress is a reddish pink multi-color.

If you are interested let me know.[/QUOT----------------

If she is not interested, I would be interested :)

Thank you for keeping me in mind if she passes

Have a great rest of your day

Cathie

I'm looking for a fancy top to wear with a long black skirt for formal night. Anyone have something to recycle? Size 12 or thereabouts. I'm not a youngster, so prefer something that isn't too "revealing," not spaghetti straps, though sleeveless is OK. Preferably not black. I have 2 long black skirts, one lighter-weight and somewhat sparkly; have a red top to go with that. Other one is slightly heavier weight, plainer material--this is the one I'm trying to find a top for, though something that goes with both skirts would be great. This doesn't seem to be a good time of year for formal clothing shopping. Closer to the winter holidays there are often a lot more evening separates to choose from, but our trip is in October so I can't wait until then. I've loked at online stores, but tops are pretty expensive there and I'm concerned about sizing.

Ann

P.S. We're doing an 8-day transatlantic on the Queen Mary 2, so have 4 formal nights for which we have to clothe ourselves.

Hello ladies,

I did not get to wear these dresses and gowns. My tailor's daughter got engaged the same week I took my dresses and gowns in. Her mind was elsewhere. They are either too big or too long. I know! I know! I should have tried them on, but I did not. Now I have changed my mind therefore they are in need a new home.

This is Tadashi size 8.

14692148415_e97325b5e9_b.jpg

This also Tadashi size 8.

14712017573_dcb20e202e_z.jpg

This is Rachel Roy size 8.

14669137566_d1663c0702_z.jpg

This is Notte Marchesa size 10

14691862552_a7aa399de2_z.jpg

This is Diane V. F size M

14692145645_688886b886_z.jpg

Please one item per person.

This Badgley Mischaka size 8. I put it on to take a picture. It was too big at the chest. I am 34 DD. There is a purple one too.

14669188326_c6be3a4b6e_z.jpg

I wore this last year cruise. Size M

14712024143_b1191d4844_z.jpg

Also wore this last year cruise. Size M

14505534609_8c06271d7f_z.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101

What lovely dresses Marie...some ladies will be so happy!

Hello ladies,

I did not get to wear these dresses and gowns. My tailor's daughter got engaged the same week I took my dresses and gowns in. Her mind was elsewhere. They are either too big or too long. I know! I know! I should have tried them on, but I did not. Now I have changed my mind therefore they are in need a new home.

Love the Bagley Mishka but if it was too large in the chest area for you then I would never have a chance:) wonder if it can be altered..

This Badgley Mischaka size 8. I put it on to take a picture. It was too big at the chest. I am 34 DD. There a purple one too.

14669188326_c6be3a4b6e_z.jpg

I wore this last year cruise. Size M

14712024143_b1191d4844_z.jpg

Also wore this last year cruise. Size M

14505534609_8c06271d7f_z.jpg

Hello ladies,

This is Tadashi size 8.

Hi, Marie I sent you a message about this one , if it's available for my daughter it would be perfect for her Thanks

Love the Bagley Mishka but if it was too large in the chest area for you then I would never have a chance:) wonder if it can be altered..

Yes, it can be altered. I love the gown and the style that is why I bought a purple one too. I was so disappointed when I put it on. it was too big and too long :(.

M

Hello ladies,

This is Tadashi size 8.

Hi, Marie I sent you a message about this one , if it's available for my daughter it would be perfect for her Thanks

It is your. Please email me your address. Thanks

Marie

I missed seeing them too! I just love to look at them. Can't wait to see them on their new owners.

Very few ever post pictures, although I thought at one time Marie said that was the prerequisite of getting something from her.

Good morning ladies,

Just wanted to let you know my husband shipped your package yesterday. Please do post a picture of you in the dress or gown :).

This is BCBG size M. I wore it on my last cruise. Did not take any picture.

14531327760_086a06acef.jpg

This is also BCBG size M. I also wore it on my last cruise. I am keeping the belt.

14717998995_287c1175a8.jpg

I got this for my Birthday early this month. I am not a Coach person.

14717706422_0ff0109227.jpg

Have a great day ladies

Marie

Good morning ladies,

Just wanted to let you know my husband shipped your package yesterday. Please do post a picture of you in the dress or gown :).

This is BCBG size M. I wore it on my last cruise. Did not take any picture.

14531327760_086a06acef.jpg

This is also BCBG size M. I also wore it on my last cruise. I am keeping the belt.

14717998995_287c1175a8.jpg

Have a great day ladies

Marie

Love the dresses. Sadly I don't have the, um, "assets" to do them justice. Happy day for the lucky ladies who get to wear this finery!