Do they have sippy cups in the dining room?

C. Anne

Which cruise line? ;)

Basically, no, no sippy cups on any that we have been on. They try to cut down on paper and plastic waste products like paper cups/lids.

So bring sippy cups. I learned my lesson a few years ago on Carnival. Imagine a 2 year old. Glass goblet. Apple juice. Main dining room. Enough said. ;)

We were on the Carnival Glory last week, and we brought our own travel sippy cups for our 3-year-old. I brought 2 sippy cups so I wouldn't be CONSTANTLY washing them for every meal, but 1/2 the time, I forgot to bring one to dinner with us! D'oh!

So I would ask our bar server for a straw at dinner, or go to the bar when we were on the Lido deck and ask for a straw.

The straws worked out OK for the most part. However, if you go the straw route, make sure you monitor how full they fill your little one's glass! I wasn't paying attention, and our assistant waiter kindly poured my daughter a glass of chocolate milk - that was filled to the brim -on our first formal night.

Well, when "shhhhhowtime" started, my daughter really got into the spirit and started waving her napkin. Sadly, the chocolate milk wasn't far enough away, and the napkin knocked the glas over, spilling its entire contents onto my daughter's dress! (Whoops!)

Fortunately, I had the foresight to pack a travel pack of detergent and some quarters. So that night, I went to the laundry room, spot-treated all the chocolate milk areas, then washed the whole dress on delicate. It still looks as good as new!

Which cruise line? ;)

Basically, no, no sippy cups on any that we have been on. They try to cut down on paper and plastic waste products like paper cups/lids.

So bring sippy cups. I learned my lesson a few years ago on Carnival. Imagine a 2 year old. Glass goblet. Apple juice. Main dining room. Enough said. ;)

Hahahaha! I vaguely remember this happening with my almost 2 yr. old at the time - I couldn't remember 4 sure, so thought I'd ask - thanks!

They make great plastic disposable sippys you can find at Target/Walmart. We always bring those and wash them out in the cabin and then toss them at the end of the week. They arent completely spill proof (no valve just tiny holes in the spout) but would definitely help in the event of a happy toddler waving her napkin!!!

They make great plastic disposable sippys you can find at Target/Walmart. We always bring those and wash them out in the cabin and then toss them at the end of the week. They arent completely spill proof (no valve just tiny holes in the spout) but would definitely help in the event of a happy toddler waving her napkin!!!

This. The Take and Toss sippy cups are great (and they stack better than your traditional sippies do so they take up less space in the suitcase). My daughter prefers them to the more expensive sippies. They do leak some since there's no valve, but it's not that much worse than your regular sippy.

Archived