Post your memorable DOMINICA PICS HERE!

Aplmac

tiyana4Pics of Dominica: Very tropical and so much to see. This was one port that really turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. In addition, excursions were very inexpensive here..we paid $20 or 25 pp for a 3-4 hour tour. The tour guides were very knowledgable and were available at the docks without pre-booking.

Can you tell me what you saw and who you went with for cheaper fares on the tours in Dominica?

tiyana4Pics of Dominica: Very tropical and so much to see. This was one port that really turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. In addition, excursions were very inexpensive here..we paid $20 or 25 pp for a 3-4 hour tour. The tour guides were very knowledgable and were available at the docks without pre-booking.

Can you tell me what you saw and who you went with for cheaper fares on the tours in Dominica?

I am very interested too - we will be there on our Carnival Victory cruise July 12th!!

River tubing with Antours was a fabulous way to see Dominica! We highly recommend it. It wasn't easy taking photos from a spinning tube, but I did my best. Here are a few shots from our June 12th, 2009 visit.

<37.jpg>

See how tropical it is...(sorry, the blur at the bottom of the middle photo is the viewing ring on my waterproof camera pouch)

<16.jpg>

<36.jpg>

We LOVE Dominica!!! We'll be back!

Debbie

I am very interested too - we will be there on our Carnival Victory cruise July 12th!!

We used Bumpiing Tours (google it for the website). We prebooked with Levi and took the Roseau Valley Tour. It included a trip to Titou Gorge and Trafalger Falls. The scenery is amazing!! I believe you can walk up to him and not prebook. As you exit the port area, cross the street and you'll see many tour guides holding up signs. It was $40 per person and took about 4 hours.

A few of the many steps on the way to Trafalgar Falls

605.jpg

One of the two falls at Trafalgar

610.jpg

During the drive up to Titou Gorge

573.jpg

This is where you swim into Titou Gorge. It's freezing but well worth it once you're in! Don't miss it!

DSC00034.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems as though we have the same pictures as each other. My husband and I didn't do any kind of excursion there, although I wonder if we should've. Oh well, just another excuse to go on a Southern Caribbean again!

Cruise2009146.jpg

Cruise2009144.jpg

Howdy y'all! 50.gif

The pictures are beautiful!! 04.gif

However, please be considerate if you choose to post very large images as very large image files take time to download. Particularly for your fellow Cruise Critic members on dial-up connections. Also very large photos will distort the appearance of the Cruise Critic pages, especially for your fellow Cruise Critic members with smaller screens.

If at all possible, please downsize the larger images before posting on a Cruise Critic thread.

Thanking everyone in advance for your cooperation and I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to all. 05.gif

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Great pics -thanks very much for posting them.

They give the viewer a real feel of the island! ;)

Which beach is that?

I was under the impression that those were not common in Dominica.

It was on the Atlantic side of the Island, north of Marigot.

I think it was called Rough Bay. (although it was anything but rough!)

You need a 4 wheel drive to get down to it.

• 2 months later...

DSCF1201.JPG

A view of the island as we drove up the mountain, beautiful Dominica!

DSCF1246.JPG

A view from inside Ti Tou Gorge, we swam inside these caves to see a waterfall at the end, very spectacular! Photo isn't that great because it was dark inside the cave.

DSCF1339.JPG

Screw's - the hot sulphur spring that we visited.

DSCF1363.JPG

View of the island from our cruise ship (Caribbean Princess in Dec 2008)

DSCF0002.JPG

Dominica is one of my favorite islands and it is absolutely gorgeous - so green, a true beauty! These photos are from Dec '08 from our cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess. I have a full review of the day in Dominica as well as many more photos posted on my blog:

http://poolieandloolie.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

Archived