Danger! Danger!

Belle

Watch Out!

It's the Weekend..Holiday Parties..Dinners..Drinks.. and..........

those...HOLIDAY SWEETS!

Remember you want a no-gainer WEEKEND! So easy on everything..

Don't overdo! You can enjoy your self without getting the....

Carbs..Sweets..Drinks overload and feeling awful the next day! RIGHT?

Do I sound like Scrooge? No, I'm the Christmas Angel on your shoulder..

Saying..Do you really want to eat that? LOL

We've got a holiday party tomorrow, so we'll have to break out the ol' bag of tricks: Eating before we go. No excuses for eating junk food. Celebrate the season with song and friendship, not fat and calories.

No parties for us until Dec. 17. December 20 we'll be on a flight to WA state, where we'll get the fun of grandparenting. Hopefully we won't be overeating there. I agree with bicker to eat before we go.

Cathy

Good luck everyone. I was with family tonight. Had a couple of glasses of wine, no dessert. Sometimes I love being allergic to everything.

Believe it or not you guys have been such an inspiration to me for the past few years that now I'm trying to GAIN five pounds. I even shrunk some jeans today so my cousin wouldn't yell at me again about my clothes being too big. But I know I have to watch myself so I don't gain too much.

We've already had one party, my wife's company holiday party. (It was held at my wife's company's CEO's mansion. Wowwee. The house was awesome, in the literal sense of the word. It was one of the sets for the movie What's the Worst that could Happen. More to the point, ample food and grog were available to ruin any effort at restraint!)

Next is a friend's gathering tonight. You can be sure that "pot-luck" will include many pots of anything BUT luck for someone trying to lose weight or maintain weight loss!!! :)

Finally, my holiday party is this coming Thursday, at a local restaurant. That should be a bit more manageable. I know how to handle myself at restaurants. Friend's houses are much more difficult.

One more week to go before out of town family members arrive for Christmas! The goal this week is to be ultra good on our WOE then, when they're all here and we all go out for dinner often, make good choices but enjoy the good times!

Miriam - I've been trying to shrink some of my clothes too. How come clothes always shrink when you don't want them to but won't shrink when you do want them too?! :confused:

Lynn

"Danger Danger" WOW do you have that one right. The parties are not my problem as much as all the goodies that keep getting brought into wotk on a daily basis and not just a few but many gift baskets per day:eek: I will just keep exercising every morning and hope for the best. I have no WILL POWER this time of year:o But January 1st,.......that will be D day:)

I wish you the best of luck, Lisa, and know that you'll find abundant support when you make the decision to move to the next level.

I got to the point, though, where I felt that, for myself, saying I'd start something tomorrow was counter-productive. It fostered a feeling that I could, or perhaps should, "get in my last licks" before my pre-ordained, "D-Day," thereby making the road to my goal that much longer. When folks ask me, now, when is the best time to start a diet and exercise regimen, I always advise, "Right now."

We didn't make it through unscathed. We shared a slice of chocolate cheesecake yesterday. :-\ Oh well, we'll do a nice long hike today, maybe. Not that that will make up for it, but... It'll getting us back "in the box!"

Archived