Refrigerator?

Hi,

We have a promenade room booked on FOS and were wondering if these cabins have a refrigerator. Thanks in advance.

Yes, all cabins on Freedom of the Seas have mini-fridges.

Yes, all cabins on Freedom of the Seas have mini-fridges.

Hey Wrona! They may look like fridges, but they don't act like fridges;) I never understood why they don't get cold, what's the point? Someday, I'm gonna try to adjust the thermostat on those babies!:cool:

Hey Wrona! They may look like fridges, but they don't act like fridges;) I never understood why they don't get cold, what's the point? Someday, I'm gonna try to adjust the thermostat on those babies!:cool:

Take pictures if you do!!!!:p (Curious though as to how you will get the sledgehammer onboard to make an adjustment.;))

Try checking the fridge for ice build up. My BIL showed me how to look way in the back upper part of the fridge (sometimes there's a little freezer section) and there was a huge build up of ice back there. I think we had to take a panel out and the ice was behind that. We used the hair dryer to melt the ice and towels to sop up the water. After that the fridge got cold!

Now that's the first thing I do on every cruise when I get to my room.

On our last cruise in the fall of 2008 we complained about our refrigerator only to be told that is was not a refrigerator but a mini bar and not meant to keep things cold. I never really understood the difference.

Try checking the fridge for ice build up. My BIL showed me how to look way in the back upper part of the fridge (sometimes there's a little freezer section) and there was a huge build up of ice back there. I think we had to take a panel out and the ice was behind that. We used the hair dryer to melt the ice and towels to sop up the water. After that the fridge got cold!

Well, that's interesting, I'm going to give that a try (or at least look at it!)

I guess I had better add that to my list of "things to do first"!!:)

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! Not only do I get information but now I can repair them too. ;)

I know they only cool; we had them on DCL too. But it is better than nothing.

Thanks everyone.

Most of the fridges are in a cabinet...if you keep the cabinet door open, the fridge gets more circulation, and will cool better!

We just have no use for it, but for those who do, try keeping the cabinet door open!

There is no thermostat in the mini bar frig. I have meds that have to be cold (36 to 46) and I have a thermometor and they don't get nearly cold enough....with or with out the cabinet open. There is plenty of air flow around the frig.

There is no freezer unit on these mini-fridges.

Maybe that was another cruise line that I thought had a little freezer-heck I can't remember what happened yesterday much less details of the fridges. But regardless I still check for the ice build up.

Another tip-don't stuff it with hot bottles of soda or water. Put one or two at a time in there and add a couple at a time. I've found that this helps. Or better yet put a bottle or two in your ice bucket and get it cold before you put it in the fridge.

And I agree about leaving the cabinet door open. That has made a difference for us in the past.

Archived