GTY Assignment Prior to Final Payment?

garydm

I doubt it happens very often. As lot of GTY assignments are dtermined by who makes their final payment and is coming, versus who canceled at the last mninute and isn't going.

Even if the ship sells out rapidly, I doubt there is much motivation to do final assignments on GTY bookings until they have hard info on who is going.

I haven't. We've gotten our assignments after final payment. Be prepared to have the worst location and be happy when you don't! We've only book Suite Gty, because we would be happy with the worst. Didn't get the worst - but would have been happy with it.

Thanks for comments. We have booked GTY before so know the general drill. Just seemed to me that a couple of people had posted that they surprisingly got their assignments something like 5 months out. Our assignments have always been 10 days or so out.

Gary

Once our guarantee category went up before final payment because of a price drop. If we hadn't asked about the price drop, we might just have been assigned a specific new category cabin or maybe not have known until later. We also had the option of just going with the lower price at the original lower category. We didn't get the actual cabin assignment until after final payment.

We've done around 11 guarantees and have always gotten the cabin assignment after final payment; usually at about 10 days.

I usually book GTYs, and have never received my cabin assignment that early. I'm surprised any cruise line would do that, since a fair number of passengers cancel before final payment. Until that day passes, they really don't know how many passengers they have booked and in what category.

Roz

Archived