Scoops free???

Murphey

Just read on another thread that Scoops is now offering vanilla and chocolate (with sprinkles) free of charge!!! Anyone else run into this? ( I think it was on the Caribbean Princess).

Just read on another thread that Scoops is now offering vanilla and chocolate (with sprinkles) free of charge!!! Anyone else run into this? ( I think it was on the Caribbean Princess).

Nope, hadn't heard of it for free yet?? I wonder if it was someone with an Ultimate Card?

Maybe, you are referring to the "free" ice cream in Horizon Court area??? It is usually around 3:30-4:30pm daily, they have a table set up for ice cream that is "free".

On the Caribbean Princess SCOOPS was free EVERY DAY from opening

to close. They looked at me funny when I asked if they needed to see

my cabin card. I had a cone with sprinkles every day and was not charged

a dime.

And for those about to say I am mistaken about what I am talking about,

I can guarantee that there will be other replies from those who traveled

on CB this past week that will back up my claim.

I suppose it depends what ship you are on and what policies are set.

I will say that I was on CROWN two-three years ago and they were

charging for ice cream, but it was Ben and Jerrys scoops in a bowl

which I didn't even see offered on CB (or at least prices weren't posted

as far as I could see).

Yep, on the CB repositioning cruise it was free all week....small cones ...but you could get a dish from the buffet and have them put the ice cream in a dish and they did have butterscotch, strawberry and chocolate syrup.....I know because my mother ate it every day!!!!

Having cruised mostly on HAL, I was really surprised to find Princess charges for ice cream. Has this alway been the policy? Just curious...
Princess charges for ice cream ONLY at the specialty ice cream bar near the pool. It's free and unlimited in the dining room for lunch and dinner as well as in the buffet in the afternoon when they have the "make your own sundae" set up. Anything anywhere would be better than HAL's ice cream. It was the worst I've ever had. :( I wouldn't even call it ice "cream" -- just a scoop of frozen "stuff" without the cream. Yuck.

Princess charges for ice cream ONLY at the specialty ice cream bar near the pool. It's free and unlimited in the dining room for lunch and dinner as well as in the buffet in the afternoon when they have the "make your own sundae" set up. Anything anywhere would be better than HAL's ice cream. It was the worst I've ever had. :( I wouldn't even call it ice "cream" -- just a scoop of frozen "stuff" without the cream. Yuck.

That would be Scoops and they are saying its free??

I was on CB 4/26 thru 5/3 and had free ice cream several times. They only had soft serve vanilla and chocolate and the cones were small, but it was at the Scoops counter. It was in the afternoon when we had come back on board the ship and it was really good.

Patty:)

Come on, Pam. I think my messages are easy to read.

Sorry you don't like my posting style. I still love yuh anyway!

And now there are three passengers telling everyone that SCOOPS

was serving free vanilla and chocolate cones on the Caribbean Princess.

The ice cream was served in the SCOOPS hut (with the big ceramic

Ice Cream Cone display) adjacent to the pool elevators.

I know ice cream. The good stuff and the bad stuff. The quality of

the soft serve was excellent. Many buffets in our area use the Welsh

Farms mixture and the ice cream tasted exactly like what that mixture

produces. Very creamy, sweet, and without any of that grit that you

get in the lower quality concoctions.

Yeah. Looks like at least one cruiser is saying that Scoops was free although it's hard to read their post with a carriage return after every few words.

Actually, it makes posts very east to read!!

Just sailed on the CB on the repositioning cruise and yes, ice cream at Scoops was free all week. The had soft serve in either chocolate, vanilla or a twist. They had sprinkles in either rainbow or chocolate. This is at scoops on Lido desk 15 near the pools.

I asked about the ultimate card, and it is no longer available on the CB. Am hoping they bring it back as it sounded like a good deal.

This was up untli 11pm and is not the free ice cream in Horizon Court.

Just to add to the discussion, was on the Caribbean Princess 5/10 - 17 and Scoops was serving FREE soft serve - Chocolate, vanilla or swirl with sprinkles or strawberry, chocolate or butterscotch topping. Scoops had no other ice cream.

It was very good soft serve but just in a cone (hard to put butterscotch sauce on a cone). Wish I had thought of getting the dish from the buffet.....

We just returned from the CB and had read on the posts that the ice cream was only free during certain hours and that during those hours you still had to pay for the sprinkles. Well we had ice cream everyday at different times and it was free, they didn't charge for the sprinkles either. This was a nice surprise.

I just returned from the CB repositiong cruise and the ice cream at Scoops was free everyday last week. You could get a small cone with vanilla or chocolate ice cream and either rainbow or chocolate sprinkles at no charge!!!

Archived