Where to purchase wine in Ft. Lauderdale?

polodad

We get in on the Fri nite before our cruise and are staying at the Rennaissance Hotel on 17th St. Don't want to fly with the wine even tho I work in Napa, CA & have excellent selection. If we take cab to the ship any suggestions for a few stores enroute where we can buy wine to bring onboard?

Norway 11/85

SS Independence 7/91

Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;17;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hiicon_smile.gif you are staying right in the heart of "hotels at the port".

There is a Publix within walking distance. Full service grocery store (my favorite icon_smile.gif). You should be able to find a pretty good selection there.

Have a great cruise!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

OK...You are standing infront of and facing Publix...if you walk to your left and come to the corner and walk to the end that is towards the rear of the mall...you will find one of the neatest little wine boutiques in FLL. I love the selection and they usually have some very interesting vintages and the owners can help you find exactly what you want.

If you look directly across the street from there you will see Crown? Liquors...another good store that sells another broad selection and also has some neat specials.

If you look neXt to the first store on your left you will see Kelly's Landing...a great fish and burger joint. The owner is from Weymouth, Massachusetts and has N.E. seafood flown to Fll every day. You can even get great fried clams and "clam chowda". This is the perfect spot for lunch or dinner if you don't feel like going anywhere fancy.

GOOD LUCK!!!

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

Did a search on Mapquest. It is indeed Crown Liquor. Sort of a misnomer, over 50% of the store is devoted to wine. They also have liquor, mixers and beer.

Its about a 3/4 mile hike from the Rennaissance if memory serves me right. So don't buy more than you can carry icon_wink.gif.

Also, right by the Rennaissance is Bimini Bay which is a great restaraunt. However, there are a lot of restaraunts on that strip of 17th. Italian (Bravo), Brew Pub (Hops), Steak (Outback Steakhouse) and many more.

George & MaryBeth

OK you guys,

Now that you guys have the booze thing figured out, wander down the st. to Bimini Boatyard for dinner---you won't be disappointed!!! GREAT food & atmosphere!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Hi

We just stayed at the Renaissance. It's beautiful and so wonderfully located for getting to the cruise ship port. No transportation provided but the concierge will get a taxi for you and it cost us under $5.00 to get to the ship. Hops Brewery is another great place for food and whatever. It's within walking distance. Liquor stores are as stated above, also, the Einstein Bagel place is great for breakfast!

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Hi everyone,

We are staying at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Marina. We don't arrive until 9:00PM on Saturday night. Is there a Publix or wine store nearby?

Am taking taxi from airport to hotel, and same to pier on Sunday morning.

Is this hotel okay? It really is only for one night's rest.

thanks,

Mari

There is nothing within walking distance of the pier. You have to go through a checkpoint and its still a long haul to most of the piers. Guess you could probably use one of the taxi's dropping people off but its probably not worth it.

George & MaryBeth

You should be ashamed of yourself! Working in Napa and wanting to buy wine in Ft. Lauderdale! I'd love to go to Napa and buy wine. In fact on our last two cruises (december and March) we took mostly wine we bought on a trip to Napa last fall! Go ahead and do it. I carry a few bottles along on a small wheeled carry-on. BTW - I did find an excellent wine list on our Summit cruise, but better than I'd seen on other lines. Almost made arrying around that wine senseless.

Archived