5% Alaskan Shore Excursion Discount Retroactive?

pseudochicken

The whole giving up my spot to a waitlisted person is another reason why I didn't cancel and rebook. Again, snorkeling in Alaska may not be the most popular of of excursions, but you never know.

As far at the wetsuit goes, OHMYGOSH!! My DH and I have short wetsuits (shorts and short sleeves) for the spring snorkels in the Carribbean, and man, wetsuits don't hide a thing! After wearing one, I know what a sausage feels like! :eek: I suppose the good news is that I am not likely to see my fellow wetsuiters after this cruise. The pictures on the excursion provider's website are very cool. Crabs, starfish and urchins, oh my!

Can you share the website with me or is that allowed?

Here is the website: www.snorkelalaska.com. I was surprised to read that they pretty much only book through the cruise lines. Interesting approach. Anywho, good luck and hope to see you in AK! I'll be the one in the wet suit. :D

Pam

Thanks!!

Make sure you wear a jacket and tie with the wet suit on formal night :p

I guess I wrongly assumed that "strenuous" was just for the general snorkeling activity. I don't think the current is so strong that it would be dangerous or difficult. We are, after all, tourists. :) It may also be just the water temps. The wetsuit helps with floating so I think it will be okay. DH and I aren't olympic athletes, though, so wish us luck! Which ship are you on?

I'm on the Millenium but not till September.

For me the strenuous part would be getting the wetsuit on :eek:

I've only worn a wet suit once, well half a wet suit really, just the top part. We were white water rafting in Ontario at the end of August and it was a cold rainy day so they suggested it, for added warmth I imagine that a full body one piece suit would be a challenge to get into.

The shorty wetsuit we have isn't a huge problem to get into if you take it slow. It's probably something best done in private though. :) For the sake of my fellow excursionists, I hope this is something that doesn't have to be witnessed.

:o

Archived