Solstice Hump Cabins Obstructed by "X"

Mysticks1

Hi Marc & Jan,

You were in cabin 8250 that we are going to enjoy in November. We will have three people in cabin and wonder if you noticed if there was an upper berth? Also ... some cabins have bed that pulls out as well as trundle - do you know about this?

My daughter lives in Greensburg too.

Thanks!

Donna - I see what you mean, but I promise you I sat on our balcony and could see the ocean through it (or the ports when we were docked). And we had one of the ones that was fully covered with the X.

I am not sure what the difference is but you can see that what shows in that picture is not just a reflection in glass but looks like a mirror. I don't have a hump cabin booked and probably won't in the future so I don't have anything to lose or gain. I just know that if I booked what is considered a premium cabin and then afte boarding found out that I can't always see through glass and would have to stand to enjoy my view I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I just would hate for anyone to be disappointed after looking forward to a cruise. Maybe as others come back they can report on this and maybe note the sun's position when the you can't see through the glass and we can discover how big of a problem it might be.

Hi Marc & Jan,

You were in cabin 8250 that we are going to enjoy in November. We will have three people in cabin and wonder if you noticed if there was an upper berth? Also ... some cabins have bed that pulls out as well as trundle - do you know about this?

My daughter lives in Greensburg too.

Thanks!

Small world! Where does she live in Greensburg?

I would have to say no, we did not have an upper berth. If we did I sure didn't notice it. :) I just checked the deck plans to make sure and it doesn't show an upper berth either. Since we didn't have need for the sofa bed I didn't try that but I seem to remember that it was a trundle bed.

It was a GREAT room, you will love it! We loved the location, as soon as you get off the elevator there's your room. And since we really liked where it was on the hump, we had great views. Take a peek over at the corner balcony beside you. Man, now that was a big balcony! But no complaints about 8250's balcony. We had a fabulous time on the Solstice, it was even better than we anticipated.

I am not sure what the difference is but you can see that what shows in that picture is not just a reflection in glass but looks like a mirror. I don't have a hump cabin booked and probably won't in the future so I don't have anything to lose or gain. I just know that if I booked what is considered a premium cabin and then afte boarding found out that I can't always see through glass and would have to stand to enjoy my view I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I just would hate for anyone to be disappointed after looking forward to a cruise. Maybe as others come back they can report on this and maybe note the sun's position when the you can't see through the glass and we can discover how big of a problem it might be.

I'm just glad that Texed backed me up and said that he had no problem either. I was starting to think I was crazy, but we never saw anything like that no matter which time of day we were out on the balcony.....and we used our balcony alot as the pool was always crowded. So that's two of us that have actually been on the ship and had no problem at all.

I would also hate for anyone to be disappointed, but I would also hate someone to miss out on these wonderful hump balcony cabins because they thought there would be a problem. That is the only reason I posted here, and now I really wish I wouldn't have. But it was because of these boards that I had such a fabulous time so I thought I'd contribute.

I'm just glad that Texed backed me up and said that he had no problem either. I was starting to think I was crazy, but we never saw anything like that no matter which time of day we were out on the balcony.....and we used our balcony alot as the pool was always crowded. So that's two of us that have actually been on the ship and had no problem at all.

I would also hate for anyone to be disappointed, but I would also hate someone to miss out on these wonderful hump balcony cabins because they thought there would be a problem. That is the only reason I posted here, and now I really wish I wouldn't have. But it was because of these boards that I had such a fabulous time so I thought I'd contribute.

I wish I had never started this thread or compiled the list of cabins with the "X" and won't pursue it further. Each person will have to come up with their own conclusions based upon the information posted and maybe others will post photos that can be used as well.

Hey Jan don't be discouraged, your comments have been valuable to me in that, despite Donna's picture, I do not feel inclined to give up our cabins and miss out on a great location.

Thanks Jan!

My daughter lives off Main Street. I have enjoyed Greensburg when I have visited.

I thank you for your comments as well as Donna's hard work. She has been a blessing to so many with her charts!

That's what this board is all about ... we help one another to make our cruises a memorable experience.

Thanks Jan!

My daughter lives off Main Street. I have enjoyed Greensburg when I have visited.

I thank you for your comments as well as Donna's hard work. She has been a blessing to so many with her charts!

That's what this board is all about ... we help one another to make our cruises a memorable experience.

We also live off Main Street in a part of town called Southwest Greensburg. We may be neighbors! :)

I wish I had never started this thread or compiled the list of cabins with the "X" and won't pursue it further. Each person will have to come up with their own conclusions based upon the information posted and maybe others will post photos that can be used as well.

Donna, I appreciate your efforts. You saw my pictures and they speak for themselves. On our cruise, DW always asked to sit in the chair on the right. Her reason was that she would rather look at the ocean than herself. She had a point.

Don't get me wrong, you could still see through, but my reflection was much stronger. I guess I just had a unique experience in that my balcony was only partially tinted. I was able to see how dramatic the difference was.

1412871393_2160079470080150150xubuRr_fs1.jpg.8edf4cf39f31c4e4a1b0b2942f43ff5f.jpg

Donna - thank you for your efforts. We'd originally booked 7278 for our Solstice cruise this past March and when we read negative comments about the "X" and saw pictures, we changed our cabin. We are so glad that we did. So much about cruising is subjective and what bothers some doesn't seem to affect others.

Archived