Why so few MSC roll calls??????

Misty1937

It amazes me how few entries there are for MSC roll calls:(. Is no-one cruising with MSC, have folks forgotten to use the site or are we all cruising with non English speaking passengers:confused:. Please all CC members put your hands up if you are travelling with us. I notice Kendra & AussieT for eg are getting little or no response to their cruises as we are, particularly on our Musica Greek Is. departing 27th September.

Look forward to hearing from lots of you, cheers Misty

It amazes me how few entries there are for MSC roll calls:(. Is no-one cruising with MSC, have folks forgotten to use the site or are we all cruising with non English speaking passengers:confused:. Please all CC members put your hands up if you are travelling with us. I notice Kendra & AussieT for eg are getting little or no response to their cruises as we are, particularly on our Musica Greek Is. departing 27th September.

Look forward to hearing from lots of you, cheers Misty

There was little CC response to our TA cruise in November, whilst the TA cruise in December was very active (being school holidays).

In addition, many Australian cruisers aren't familiar with CC.

Bon Voyage for all your cruises.

Thanks Marion & Barry for your response, did you find your Nov cruise was a good mix of nationalities?. It is very interesting to meet people from other countries as we have found on our many travels. Whilst I love kids and have enjoyed the ones on our trips in the past I think school hols would be far from relaxing.

How about sending us some rain down, think you have had your share now!!!!!!! Hope you didn't suffer any damage in the latest floods.

Cheers Misty

Thanks Marion & Barry for your response, did you find your Nov cruise was a good mix of nationalities?. It is very interesting to meet people from other countries as we have found on our many travels. Whilst I love kids and have enjoyed the ones on our trips in the past I think school hols would be far from relaxing.

How about sending us some rain down, think you have had your share now!!!!!!! Hope you didn't suffer any damage in the latest floods.

Cheers Misty

Hi Misty,

September should be a lovely time to cruise in the Mediterranean, as I would expect the crowds to be a bit less at that time of year.

Yes, there was a good mix of nationalities and quite a lot of Aussies (because of the 2 for the price of 1 offer), plus Canadians, Americans, Germans, and Italians, plus from other countries.

I agree with your comment re school holidays, as MSC offered children free, so carried higher capacity on those dates.

I understand that MSC operates differently in the Mediterranean (European cruisers), than it does in the Caribbean (US cruisers).

Our TA was more towards the latter.

Yes, we've certainly had our share of rain. A year's supply in 3 days has to be a record.

No, we didn't suffer any damage in the floods, although 3 trees were at a 45 degree angle after the wind and rain.

I also agree with you,i check the board almost everyday and i am dissapointed about the MSC roll call,we are too cruising with them this septembre but i don t see the point of starting a roll call for my cruise ,let's see how yours will work out,good luck.

What date are you cruising and which ship. It might be worth your while to post it as there may be others like yourself who are holding back. Our Oct 4th on Opera was slow to start but we now have 2 other couples which is great. Good luck with yours and thanks for the post.

Cheers Misty

Hi unklez

To date I have been impressed by the constructive and intelligent replies I have received on CC. You have just shown me the other side of the coin. Have you ever cruised with MSC, if so your comments would be appreciated on WHY you seem unimpressed with them, if not why did you bother to post with such a negative reply.

I was brought up with the saying "if you can't say something nice say nothing at all".

We are sailing MSC Musica on Sunday, June 7 from Venice. Just a couple days from now and I'd better get packing!!! :D

I'm not too surprised about the non-response to my roll call post, I figured it was a shot in the dark.

Looking forward to a great holiday. I'll be sure to post on our return, so I can share what I've learned!

Hi unklez

To date I have been impressed by the constructive and intelligent replies I have received on CC. You have just shown me the other side of the coin. Have you ever cruised with MSC, if so your comments would be appreciated on WHY you seem unimpressed with them, if not why did you bother to post with such a negative reply.

I was brought up with the saying "if you can't say something nice say nothing at all".

Hello Misty,

I wrote "Who cruises with MSC? :D". Looking at the % market share and I see that there are far fewer folks cruising on MSC than the mainstream cruise-lines. Ergo not many on the roll calls.

Did not mean anything negative ok. Apologies if I offended you or anybody else.

Regards,

Hello Misty,

I wrote "Who cruises with MSC? :D". Looking at the % market share and I see that there are far fewer folks cruising on MSC than the mainstream cruise-lines. Ergo not many on the roll calls.

Did not mean anything negative ok. Apologies if I offended you or anybody else.

Regards,

MSC are one of the big 10 cruise cos.

I truly dispair sometimes.:rolleyes:

Well Misty ,i will follow your advice,we will be sailing from Barcelona septembre 7th on Fantasia.I would love to know if there is someone else onboard this cruise,this our first one and we are travelling with our two kids(16 and 10). Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Well Misty ,i will follow your advice,we will be sailing from Barcelona septembre 7th on Fantasia.I would love to know if there is someone else onboard this cruise,this our first one and we are travelling with our two kids(16 and 10). Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Eliopia Try here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=942341

Or start your own roll call.

Hi Misty

I've found that there is always a low response rate to any threads I've staretd on the roll call section. It seems that the only very active ones are for the caribbean ones as there will be a high percentage of the passengers American and familiar with these boards. English speakers can be very low on the European ones and even those who are aren't necessarily from countries that are familiar with CC 9as marion pointed out). On one 9 day out of Trieste there were only 10 of us in total.

They have been promoting the Musica and fantasia Class ships a bit more in the UK and Australia as well as N America, so on the bigger ships I'd expect there to be more than 10 passengers speaking English as their first language.

Hi Globalnomads

Bon Voyage and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Yes it certainly is time you started packing, the only way I can cope is to start weeks before by putting things into the spare room so I don't forget anything vital. Also gives me the chance to take things out so I achieve my self imposed 15kg limit. Have a ball and I look forward to your comments on return.

Cheers Misty

Hi unklez

I have cruised on MSC Lirica, once.

I had better say nothing at all.

Hi Globalnomads

Bon Voyage and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Yes it certainly is time you started packing, the only way I can cope is to start weeks before by putting things into the spare room so I don't forget anything vital. Also gives me the chance to take things out so I achieve my self imposed 15kg limit. Have a ball and I look forward to your comments on return.

Cheers Misty

My husband is totally packed, but daughter and I are lagging. The only problems are the wardrobe decisions... and doing the laundry! :D

No worries, it'll all get sorted out before we leave on Friday... or else... well, no sense in going there!

I'm so impressed with the 15kg limit! I'm always close to the 20kg limit imposed by the airlines. So close, in fact that on the last journey to Europe we had to do some "shifting" in the cue in Barcelona! Of course, that was for Easy-Jet, so the limit was cast in stone.

I'll let you know how it goes... I'm anticipating a grand adventure and holiday!

I'm so impressed with the 15kg limit! I'm always close to the 20kg limit imposed by the airlines. So close, in fact that on the last journey to Europe we had to do some "shifting" in the cue in Barcelona! Of course, that was for Easy-Jet, so the limit was cast in stone.

Oh poor you that is a pretty miserly limit - let's hope they aren't too strict. On my last cruise I managed to be only half a kilo over BAs limit which they ignored. Just as well they don't weigh carry ons and hanbags - they were 14kg and 9kg respectively!

Have a fantastic cruise and be sure to let us know how you gt on when you get back.

Oh AmoMondo, that is not an airline limit but my own self inflicted one. I tend to be overzealous when shopping for my 2 daughters and 3 grandies, so much so that one travel companion asked if I would adopt her so she could be on the receiving end too. That means that I end up WAY over the limit, plus it is so nice not to have a heavy bag to lug around at the start of the trip. My wardrobe consists mainly of light weight drip dries too and that helps. Nice to hear from you again, have a great day.

Cheers Misty

• 3 weeks later...

Startet a roll call for our cruise next week to St. Petersburg with Opera starting July 4th and still no relply on that either. Maybe there are really not too many people familiar with this board who are joining the cruise.

Pitty, for I met a bunch of nice people before on my cruise to Alaska in 2005. Maybe people just didn't find the call though, so if anyone is going on the same cruise, raise you hands up, fellows :D

I started our roll call for the Dec. 29, 2009 Poesia cruise way back on Aug. 1, 2008 and have only had 98 replies to it. I guess people just don't like to communicate on CC. We have had a lot of fun with the people that we have met on other boards here and I have learned a lot of things from other posters. Hopefully these boards will pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived