Just Off The Mercury

yeggirl

We are booked for the 6/14 cruise on Mercury and I was wondering what nights they had formal nights scheduled. Since we will be in Ketchikan for such s short time, it seems unlikely they would do it on that second to last night as usual. Also, how was the coffee???

We're heading up to Alaska on the Mercury on July 12. Did you do any of the daily activities? What kinds of things were offered, and were any offered on port days? We aren't planning a lot of excursions, so I'm curious about what the ship offers...

Thanks, hope you had a great trip!

Hi- hope you had wonderful cruise!:) I will also be sailing on June 14 and was wondering about the formal nights. I heard 2nd night out and then?

Also, when was muster drill? If we leave port at 5 and dinner is 6, how did that first night work?

Thanks for any info

We are booked for the 6/14 cruise on Mercury and I was wondering what nights they had formal nights scheduled. Since we will be in Ketchikan for such s short time, it seems unlikely they would do it on that second to last night as usual.

Our formals were the second night and the fifth night (the day we were in Juneau).

Also, how was the coffee???

Not nearly as bad as we expected....it did vary though! if in the buffet (which we tried to avoid lol!) I tried to get mine right after it was brewed. More often than not it was good in the dining room. Both times we had it for room service though it had a kind of weird cinnamon or chocolate taste to it.

We're heading up to Alaska on the Mercury on July 12. Did you do any of the daily activities? What kinds of things were offered, and were any offered on port days? We aren't planning a lot of excursions, so I'm curious about what the ship offers...

Thanks, hope you had a great trip!

There are TONS of activities...you name it, they have it. We didn't get to do half the stuff we wanted to. Yes, they still had lots of activities on the port days. There was so much to take in, I didn't read either of the books I brought and we only played about 4 scrabble games. Some examples....name that tune, battle of the sexes trivia, karaoke, talks with the naturalist, dance lessons, bingo, health talks, fitness classes.....that's not even the tip of the iceberg ;)...the list goes on and on. The evening entertainment was also really well done. Trust me, you'll have plenty to do! Have a great great cruise!

;)

Hi- hope you had wonderful cruise!:) I will also be sailing on June 14 and was wondering about the formal nights. I heard 2nd night out and then? 2nd and 5th.

Also, when was muster drill? If we leave port at 5 and dinner is 6, how did that first night work?

We had to meet in our designated spots at 415. It was quick and painless ;). The ship ended up leaving late...around 530 due to some late passengers...not sure how that affected the early seating...sorry, we were late seating!

Thanks for any info

You're welcome...enjoy the cruise, it's amazing!!!

;)

Which ports did you like, which did you not enjoy and why?

Which excursions did you like or not like, or did you hear any feedback from friends on the ship about the excursions they took?

What was the best part of this cruise?

Any advice as to things we should avoid or skip?

How was the food? Did you get the new menu?

Did you have Alaskan King Crab Legs? How were they?

Was salmon on the menu? Halibut?

Did you have any problems or anything go wrong on this cruise? How did the staff resolve it?

If you could do it all again, what would you change?

Which ports did you like, which did you not enjoy and why?

Which excursions did you like or not like, or did you hear any feedback from friends on the ship about the excursions they took?

How was the food? Did you get the new menu?

Did you have Alaskan King Crab Legs? How were they?

Was salmon on the menu? Halibut?

Did you have any problems or anything go wrong on this cruise?

If you could do it all again, what would you change?

Our ports were Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point & Sitka. I don't think the 7nighters do Skagway - is that right? Shame because the White Pass Railway is awesome.

Ketchikan was rainy. I didn't do any organised tours other than the train. We bought tickets for Mt Roberts Tram & shuttle to Mendenhall glacier at the pier near the ship. You could also buy tours in Icy Strait & Sitka when you got off the tenders at a fraction of the ship's prices.

Halibut & salmon were on the menu & lobster tails - but we had a 13night cruise. Don't remember crab legs

The only thing we didn't like was the smoking in the Navigator Club. They encourage you to be there to watch the wildlife & the floor to ceiling windows are great. Also a lot of activities like trivia are held there. but smoking is allowed portside. The smoke doesn't stay on the portside though LOL

We had an inside cabin & would change to an ocean view for this itinerary

How was your weather? I'm going on the June 28th cruise and we are not looking forward to packing. We usually drive to our departure port and are not used to fitting everything into one suitcase to fly to Vancouver.

Any tips on clothing to bring? (I know, layers!)

Meg

Any karaoke bars? Any trivia games? Do they still have the thallasotherapy pool and how much is it now per day?

Hi:) they usually offer trivia on all the sailings...Team triva

as well as Battle of the Sexes.

They usually offer Karakoe as well. Its not a "Karaoke Specific"

lounge but it is called "The Pavillion Lounge" and its normally

held there.

And yes, they have the "T" Pool:)

Can you tell me who the current Captain, Hotel Director, and Captain's Club Hostess are? I'm sailing on the Mercury next week. Thank you!!!

Just curious...but, why would you what to know that info?

This will be my 7th cruise on Mercury and some of these people are beginning to feel like family....That's all.

Hi:)hope you have a great time. My 7th time on her is coming

up in September too:D

And I can so relate to that....its always fun seeing all those

familiar faces:)

Archived