One way drop off fee for Car rentals?

William W

I have just booked a cruise going out of Miami this September. I was thinking of flying into Fort Lauderdale and driving to Miami like I did last December. However, I just noticed that Dollar have implemented a $10 one way drop off fee which last year was included in the daily rental rate. Anyone knows anything about this? Also, does anyone knows of other rental agencies who does not charge this fee?

I have just booked a cruise going out of Miami this September. I was thinking of flying into Fort Lauderdale and driving to Miami like I did last December. However, I just noticed that Dollar have implemented a $10 one way drop off fee which last year was included in the daily rental rate. Anyone knows anything about this? Also, does anyone knows of other rental agencies who does not charge this fee?

I'm doing the same w/ Hertz in a couple of weeks. Renting @ FLL and dropping off at Hertz Miami downtown office. Spoke w/ 3 different agents in the process of booking, found no 1-way charges and free shuttle from Miami office to cruisline. Total cost both ways $122.59.

My understanding is there's a Florida law that prohibits car rental agencies from charging a fee to drop the car at a location different than the pick-up point. I'd look into that further. All the companies who don't charge a fee here aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts ;-)

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

I'd switch car companies.

I also reserved a car from FLL to MIA with Dollar and even with the $10 drop fee, using code OOAG pulled up a cheaper price then ALL other rental companies. The discount codes for most of the rental companies is here: http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

Try Avis - every year we pick up in at Disney, then head to Delray Beach, we leave the car at the Avis in Boca and take a cab to the airport. (hate doing airport drop offs or pick up). Too much hassle for me :)

Never in 8 years have we had a drop off charge from them

I just checked Dollar car rental. We need a 2.5 day rental from Orlando to Miami for our cruise in August. They are charging $100!!! for a one way rental. That is ridiculous as the car rental itself is $80.

I certainly will NOT use Dollar. I think I will stick with National.

Car rentals really stink right now. :(

Archived