Tuesday sales - how far out, and should I wait?

I am planning a cruise in August (probably AOS 8/9, Southern Caribbean).

I've been watching the Tuesday sales, and it seems that they are for cruises within about a month of the date of the sale. So my question is, should I wait that long and try to book then, at the beginning of July? It does look like the sale prices are pretty good....

It clearly says that the prices are for new bookings only, so I assume that means that you can't get the discount if you've already booked at a higher price?

I suggest booking now so you can secure the room you want. RCI has never denied me a price drop on their fares. In fact, I just got one today for a cruise I am taking next month.

Was the fare you obtained today one of the "Tuesday" sale rates?

If you book now and your cruise shows up on the Tuesday Sales events then no you will not get the discount. This and the WOW sales are the only ones that they deny price drops on.

there is no guarantee that your cruise will go on tues sale.

Was the fare you obtained today one of the "Tuesday" sale rates?

Other than the fact that today happens to be Tuesday, I'm really not sure.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even think about the Tuesady thing today. I just logged on, checked the rates, found them to be quite a bit lower, and called RCI. I upgraded to a JS for the same price I paid for my balcony.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even think about the Tuesady thing today. I just logged on, checked the rates, found them to be quit a bit lower, and called RCI. I upgraded to a JS for the same price I paid for my balcony.

If it was the sales event it would have had the words "sales event" in red next to the lower price. If it didn't have that then it was just a regular price drop that happened to be on Tuesday. Congrats

To tell you the truth, I didn't even think about the Tuesady thing today. I just logged on, checked the rates, found them to be quit a bit lower, and called RCI. I upgraded to a JS for the same price I paid for my balcony.

Good for you, and congrats on a nice upgrade.

Archived