Do you and your significant other "match" your clothes for dinner?

We obviously haven't cruised yet but when we dress up, we coordinate to a degree so as not to clash. I laugh at the prom comment because I teach and for more than a decade have been a junior class sponsor and have the "privelege" of chaperone. We do make an effort to make sure we look "presentable". DH's suits are dark grays/charcoals/black so he wears a white dress shirt (in spite of me encouraging him to try a colored shirt LOL) and a tie that coordinates with what I'm wearing. I'm wearing a red dress on one night and a dark green on the other. I'd hate for him to wear the black/purple-blue/mauvey tie he has (sounds terrible but is very nice) as it would clash, especially with the red dress.

As for dressing alike as a family . . . I will admit that we wear the same color shirts when traveling. The reason behind that is it is easy to tell at a glance if everyone is together. If someone goes "missing" and we're asked what color shirt they were wearing, all I'd have to do is look at mysel or one of the kids. Granted, I could just take a picture at the beginning of each outing but where would the fun be in that? ;)

Never! I don't even know what DH is packing - and he certainly has no clue what I pack or intend to wear.

I do agree about the degree of formality - on our last cruise, one of the ladies at our table had on a gorgeous formal ballgown (have no idea how she packed it) - really felt her husband should have had a tux, but . . . .

We like to match on formal nights. For our upcoming cruise: (14 days Hawaii Round Trip -- 3 formal nights:

(night 1) He wears black pants, white jacket with a black and white stripe shirt--White tie --Looks Very classy. I wear black chiffon pants, black and white top.

(Night 2) He wears black tux pants, white manderin collar shirt with red and black vest, Red button cover and black tux top. -- I wear a black and red gown.

(Night 3) He wears black pants, white dinner jacket with blue vest and tie) I wear a blue gown.

Yes, we love to dress!

My wife made a couple of casual dresses before we went to Hawaii, and with some extra fabric, she made me matching shirts. Every once in a while we will break them out, and wear them on Island night. We call them our "cure Outfits". The last time, several people came up to us, and asked where we had bought them (I'm a pretty big guy, and my wife is 4'10").

I tell her it would be a nice side business, she just ignores me

My husband and I do try to coordinate our outfits but not match. For example on one of the casual nights I will have an aqua, turquoise and brown dress on and he will have khaki dress pants on with a brown polo shirt. On a smart casual night I will have a solid black dress on and he will have on black dress pants with a deep turqouise shirt and tie to match. On formal evenings my husband always wears a tux and to me a tux always compliments a womans evening dress. I think it looks much better in pics when we compliment each other, NOT CLASHING. :D

Hubby and I never set out to co-ordinate or "match" but if we do accidentally end up color matched, I'm danged if I am going to change clothes just to avoid it. I don't have that much ambition. :D

I also doubt most people would notice unless it was some egregious matching that just popped.

I did see a couple on Enchantment this month dancing in the Centrum. She had on a Hawaiian muumuu and he had on a shirt made from the same printed fabric. I wonder which one persuaded the other to do that. I know I could never, ever talk Hubby into wearing a shirt that matched my dress. But the couple seemed to be having lots of fun and I say more power to them.

On our last cruise in the Caribbean, we saw several couples where the men were wearing Hawaiian shirts and the women had matching dresses. My husband about gagged. To each his own.

Never in a million years would we match our outfits.

There was a couple on our last cruise who always (82 days, morning & evening) wore matching Hawaiian outfits.

Archived