Dining room dress code question

dopey1200

Is it OK on non-elegant nights to wear a sweatshirt in the dining room? I have a feeling I'm going to get chilly in there & I don't really have a nice sweater to bring. Remember, this is for non-elegant nights. Thanks!

Casual nights, wear the sweatshirt. My missus always takes a sweatshirt with her since it can get cold in the dining rooms. Formal night, no. You'll always find people who are critical of what you wear when they should be concentrating on enjoying their vacation and not worrying about what others are doing or wearing.

The dress code for the dining rooms has relaxed quite a bit in the last 18 months. Take a look past my gazpacho and martini to what the diners at the opposite table was wearing:

IMG_1324.jpg

I'm sure your sweatshirt would be acceptable and if you feel comfortable in it so be it...

Just as a note, these same gentlemen were turned away by the Maitre d' the following evening... Elegant night...

The dress code for the dining rooms has relaxed quite a bit in the last 18 months. Take a look past my gazpacho and martini to what the diners at the opposite table was wearing:

IMG_1324.jpg

I'm sure your sweatshirt would be acceptable and if you feel comfortable in it so be it...

Just as a note, these same gentlemen were turned away by the Maitre d' the following evening... Elegant night...

Well good grief, they could of took their caps off at least. My mother won't have caps and hats at her dining table. I guess their mother didn't teach em or they didn't listen, haha.

I was on the Freedom last week and within a 20' radius of our table I saw multiple sport shorts, ball caps, cheap flip flops being worn nightly. On the two elegant nights two tables had ball caps and sport shorts along with dingy t shirts. I don't think there is anything you might wear that won't be acceptable. If you are cold wear the sweat shirt.

IMG_1324.jpg

I had the gazpacho last week on the Freedom and it was quite tasty :D

Thank you all for your replies. I was planning on bringing a sweatshirt that is part of a one of those nicer looking track suits. The kind you don't really wear to the gym! That way I can put it on if I get cold & I do get cold very easily. I actually shopped around for a sweater in the last few weeks & a nice plain cardigan-type sweater to wear over another shirt is hard to find in the summer! Guess I should have started looking about 4 months ago!

I agree with the "wear the sweatshirt" faction. However, if you'd like a sweater and don't want to pay much, try a thrift store. You can find amazing deals and you can get things that you probably don't want to pay full price for! I just bought a sequined top and matching skirt for formal nights for $6.99!! So, if I only wear it once or twice it's no big deal!!

Thank you all for your replies. I was planning on bringing a sweatshirt that is part of a one of those nicer looking track suits. The kind you don't really wear to the gym! That way I can put it on if I get cold & I do get cold very easily. I actually shopped around for a sweater in the last few weeks & a nice plain cardigan-type sweater to wear over another shirt is hard to find in the summer! Guess I should have started looking about 4 months ago!

I know what you mean about how hard it is to find a sweater. I just bought a cute button-down sweater today at Target. It was on sale for $14. I didn't have a plain sweater and saw it on a display as I walked around. There were many colors to chose from and I picked up a white one.

[/url]

41hfqx5KkcL._AA260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/Merona-Sleeve-Jersey-Cardigan-White/dp/B001N5D1KW/178-3327895-1808311?ie=UTF8&node=275612011&frombrowse=1&rh=p%5F36%3A%240-%2424%2Ctgt%5F3%3AMerona&page=1

Is it OK on non-elegant nights to wear a sweatshirt in the dining room? I have a feeling I'm going to get chilly in there & I don't really have a nice sweater to bring. Remember, this is for non-elegant nights. Thanks!

There is no rule that prohibits it.

Casual nights, wear the sweatshirt. My missus always takes a sweatshirt with her since it can get cold in the dining rooms. Formal night, no. You'll always find people who are critical of what you wear when they should be concentrating on enjoying their vacation and not worrying about what others are doing or wearing.

It's not a matter of "people who are critical of what you wear"....it is a matter of a DRESS CODE which most people read and follow...unless of course, one can't read.....

You will find lovely, long and generous scarves in the onboard gift shop....they are only 10.00 and are quite nice. Here is the dress code:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido restaurants.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Of course, if you consider a sweat shirt to be resort casual, go ahead.....

Ignore the CC fashion police. They are irrelevant.

Ignore the CC fashion police. They are irrelevant.

Remember, it's your vacation...relax and enjoy. Their food will taste just the same, no matter what you wear, and you'll be able to enjoy yours because you'll be comfortable.

I really can't understand why someone would care what another passenger is wearing........

Archived